Skins Install & Multiple Gazelle Versions

Weegie

I'm not new to DCS but fairly new to helicopters and a complete novice with the Gazelle

First thing I'm trying to do is install some skins, but I don't understand how it works with the multiple versions

I'm ASS-zooming that in your Saved Games you have all the versions as in the game itself so I end up with my Liveries folder looking like this

8Gl6KGphc319BgXUZs-rbTWYpZi8wPxAB1oGgTuQsDRfJRvRwS59etuDiuJ5Ckw8rfRHrWODSL7-_GLL2izcvmX_7nW8ROdemB-A1w7R4FYozHghPhjFBLvkOlgnieJdUdm8rnmn6x8wS7a7hWAfPUHyuyMFBByvMcrqcz4V8OjZUZobo7AblWSLI7WhAAqo50L98K6ymwwdlHQky_fYIKMRzkqAa5vmQgLl8fY-lnOQe44dPS5ts8opHk8if4njqZHrVM7LBDpEvqma4elBOLFsOsZaydMJYOHRbr53SWT0uxEEbGCIsq6QiXTNeqJnJ08mWAA_qm9qCTPwtctRfXrD4a8iClsi5zcpEQRBGXGFg0zARGwpgEPvgYxrgQwR2jkkpZKlmslYHPfMs8pQKJiy8zhE2SdVuousJFaqqfhNrDdp-WR1DePdeAjuMD8ciX9VJQuRxcYm_P_M8AdKlN7sjSiQ3CNRitPQYI5i0UN8q3UQuN633DEEmVZnOHtcYT_hX_7C-XeFxRBpvvt-DAE9bvpJ1zWVzIX1l9AvCdqI-3kP31TxujN2-36qDfvYN6rrDZVx7Eyz2smToR2l_E1j4YOntJBWzrndNWg5ilDFVhIjZOwjrMbxFU1rObX_yi4fQtU1yGh6-4LOMb1pnvm52uPte9JpQHwQltPtoCSH=w1753-h986-no

Given that I only see one skin in general for the Gazelle from downloaded skins what goes where?

Apologies if this is obvious it's just not to me and I tried to search but couldn't get a satisfactory explanation

If the downloaded skin doesn't have multiple version, it can only be used in the one indicated. I leave you an example (done by me), of a multiple version liverie!

Hi,

You forgot the attachment :)

Cheers

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks

Ok I get yours it's easy because they are labelled.

However my problem is nearly all the downloaded skins I have are not labelled as to which model they refer to & the skins textures are labelled SA342_****** where the **** refers to the texture type.

So how do I know which is which?

I suppose I could just put all of them into the various folders for each Gazelle variant and see which ones work in the preview in the mission editor

The point is if the skins are all different for each variant why are the all just labelled SA342?

Your help is much appreciated Oh and thanks for the skin

Thanks

Ok I get yours it's easy because they are labelled.

However my problem is nearly all the downloaded skins I have are not labelled as to which model they refer to & the skins textures are labelled SA342_****** where the **** refers to the texture type.

So how do I know which is which?

I suppose I could just put all of them into the various folders for each Gazelle variant and see which ones work in the preview in the mission editor

The point is if the skins are all different for each variant why are the all just labelled SA342?

Your help is much appreciated Oh and thanks for the skin

Hope you like it!

Anyway, can be 2 things. They are only for M variant or the skinner was too lazy to tag each one! If you tell me what skins are you downloading, I might be able to help you!

If you are used to edit .lua you might be able to realize what skin refer to wich model. The other way to do it yourself, its test and repeat :).

Have fun with our french lady!

Edited by swatstar98
Typo

Chinook lover - Rober -