How do I use Autopilot?

SUBS17

Autopilot doesn't work at all lately.

HSEL is off and on whether it works, BALT is hit and miss to try to get it to engage. ATC doesn't hold speed very well either.

I was literally just struggling with this and came on to see if anyone else had reported issues...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Ive never had any issues with it use em every flight

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Same - you have to have the stick centred & be relatively close to level before an alt hold will kick in (R or Baro), but ALT, HSEL & attitude all seem to work fine for me (used them all last night).

(Edit : ATC works fine - unless you move the throttle around - actually now that I think of it, (so I'll edit) you can kick the other modes out too by moving the stick aggressively. - people having trouble, you're not getting input noise / controller spikes that cause the AP to disengage are you ?)

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

Are you guys on open beta or release?

I am aware of the long standing issues where you need a small dead zone, etc. In my case, BAlt only engages after a few second delay if it does at all, and sometimes actually you need to bump the stick out of center before it will. HSel engages as indicated on the display, but does not follow the bug at all. All these issues only started recently on open beta, had no issues before.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Same. No problem with autopilot. Like Hog, just have to be within parameters before engaging.

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Are you guys on open beta or release?....

I use the latest open beta and had never problems with the autopilot. I used Attitude, BAlt and HSEL modes yesterday a couple of times without problems.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

used it yesterday with no issues for HSEL, BALT etc

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

Autopilot altitude hold RDR and Baro not working.

Put a large enough deadzone on your stick, any off center movement at all and it won’t set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Hmm, interesting, I definitely have a new problem that has appeared with one of the latest updates. It is NOT related to dead zones (which I already previously sorted out). I clearly get an indication that HSel is engaged (the : next to HSel and advisory on DDI), yet the aircraft won’t follow the heading bug. BAlt is much more finicky than it used to be, and sometimes engages several seconds after pushing the button, so I often push it 2 or 3 times thinking it didn’t engage, then it will go on, off, on, off in rapid succession when it finally “catches up”.

Maybe I will try a repair...

ATC was only an issue at low altitude on RAlt hold going over hills, it wasn’t attempting to correct during large pitch movements. Probably not a realistic usage scenario anyway,I was just trialling something.

same

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 years later...
7 minutes ago, gswindle said:

F-18: Altitude hold not working?  Go to axis tune & set Dead zone=3

Curve:  Whatever works best for you

Holy thread necro!

Thanks for the reply and the PM, the issue is long solved.

Cheers!

• Like 1