Photos/Videos (NO DISCUSSION)

EvilBivol-1

Nice video (though soudtrack sounds like and ambulance coming while on drugs) :D

• Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Bomb alarm at Munich airport

You may not have heard of this fascinating story yet. Today Munich airport was paralyzed by a bomb alarm. The BBC article isn't very clear about what seems to have happened. Reportedly a man's notebook was identified to contain explosives during a normal check in. The officers triggered a bomb alarm accordingly. Yet somehow the man grabbed his stuff and walked into the terminal without anyone trying to stop him or even following him. Not knowing where he was the officials then decided to close the terminal and search for him. After a couple of hours of search they haven't found him yet. They suppose he might have entered his plane which then departed. Apparently they didn't stop planes from still taking off immediately.

Looks like security is not only an issue in America as we have been told during the christmas days. Other authorities can fail horribly too. All those debates about the new generation body scanners are laughable when the people using them are just inept.

edit: btw, the planes which took off from the respective terminal went to Los Angeles, San Francisco and Tokyo according to a spokesperson of the Bavarian police. They supposedly left Munich at about 15:50 local time (1450 zulu/GMT).

Edited by Wilde

Eddie the photos you post here are highly artistic. I'm deeply impressed. Really great works. :thumbup:

I'm a photo enthusiast myself. I noticed, there are a lot of HDR photos among the posted. :v: They look amazing! :punk:

EDIT: There are real stories beyond some photos. Really talent photographers. You can look on photos for hours noticing more and more meanings and feeling many new senses.

Edited by Tez
929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

LOL pwnage! :weight_lift_2:

Nothing new there. Back in 2007 when were in the very last stages of qualifying Typhoon for A/A duties we took part in a NATO exercise out in the North Sea ACMI ranges over a 2 week period as the final trail.

Our pilots scored 208 kills (against everything from Eagles to Viper and even Rafales) for only 6 losses. And we weren't even allowed to use AMRAAM as it was a WVR excercise :beer:

There is a reason the yanks won't let the Raptors in the same airspace as the Typhoons, they are scared. (Although Raptor is technically slightly more capable in the A/A role for obvious reasons).

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I noticed, there are a lot of HDR photos among the posted.

I have hard time believing many of them are actual HDR photos. The in flight photos could be photoshop as you can create that kind of "HDR" effect easily but shooting HDR in a fast moving jet is hard to believe.

Awesome photos nevertheless.

$245M to Lockheed Martin for 160 AGM-158 JASSMs

Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control in Orlando, FL received a $245 million contract to produce 160 AGM-158 Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missiles (JASSM). The contract include both baseline and extended range missiles to support the US Air Force and Foreign Military Sales customers.

more info: http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/245M-to-Lockheed-Martin-for-160-AGM-158-JASSMs-06111/#more-6111

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There is a reason the yanks won't let the Raptors in the same airspace as the Typhoons, they are scared. (Although Raptor is technically slightly more capable in the A/A role for obvious reasons).

... you mean because the brits said 'please no, we don't want to be owned' :D

As far as the article goes, sounds like they were up against F-15E's, so any 'dogfight results' are not all that surprising ...

Edited by GGTharos

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Finnish F-18D crashed today:

www.yle.fi/uutiset/news/2010/01/fighter_jet_crashes_in_forest_1384722.html

This aircraft became famous after 2001 mid-air collision with another Hornet which was completely destroyed. This one made it back home but was badly damaged. They decided to make a large repair/modification to join the rear part of the aircraft with a Canadian B-model (twin seater) front part thus creating a D-model. It made it's first flight just over a year ago.

Picture of the crash site (by FiAF):

5178-koneen_putoamispaikka.jpg

And of the pilot's parachute on a tree (by FiAF):

5182-varjo.jpg

Edited by Griffin

As far as the article goes, sounds like they were up against F-15E's, so any 'dogfight results' are not all that surprising ...

Fair point, but even if they were A2A Eagles you'd still hope for Typhoon success given the relative ages of the aircraft surely?

P.S - Lucky we didn't send up some Sea Harriers, then your Eagles/F22's would be in trouble.... (sorry thread mix) :lol:

Yep, the typhoon should beat F-15C's in general, though probably not quite by that margin, assuming fully upgraded F-15C's (AESA, new ECM, etc).

The Typhoon would definitely enjoy an RCS advantage here, which makes ECM easier as well, and in dogfighting it's more maneuverable. IIRC it's a lighter plane too, so it probably takes the cake in acceleration as well. As for Harriers .... pffffft, talk about stop-gap measure ;)

Fair point, but even if they were A2A Eagles you'd still hope for Typhoon success given the relative ages of the aircraft surely?

P.S - Lucky we didn't send up some Sea Harriers, then your Eagles/F22's would be in trouble.... (sorry thread mix) :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The distances are huge high above. Angular displacement is little.

With high ISO the exposure time could be very low.

EDIT: So the HDR is reality even with fast moving vehicles here on the ground.

Edited by Tez
929d768ca6a69127d1f9c61ea94c02e8.gif [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] =653=Tez

Okay good to know. Though there are photos during landings with the same effect. I tried shooting HDR on a sunny day from my balcony and the trees got blurred even in non-existent wind. It's not an expensive camera though, I want that one! :)

Edited by Griffin

Nice to know, you can find some software to make pictures just look a like HDR. So you only need oneshot pictures to create that.

Grtz,

Ross..

ps: picture taken by myself :)

rs05air2.jpg

Configuration:  

Windows 11 Home/ Intel Core i9-12900FRTX 3080 10 GB/ 64GB DDR4-3200/ 2 TB m.2 NVMe/ HP Reverb G2/V2/ Thrustmaster Cougar Hotas/ 

INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT@ross_impress • Instagram-foto's en -video's  (everything about the real flying world, drone and DCS)

All the photos are from the Photographic section at RAF Coningsby, so are all taken and 'photoshopped' by professional military photographers using cameras costing more than I make in a month and pro level editing software.

They are most certainly not taken by me :D, believe me. I posted some of my poor attempts a few months back in this thread, needless to say this batch is a tad better ;).

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Believe it our pilots have offered to have a 'play' with them. Thing is, although the Raptor would almost certainly win overall, they would have a real fight on their hands (both a/c have essentially the same avionics capability, and very, very similar manoeuvrability and performance). And I'm not sure the USAF want an aircraft costing half as much to make the Raptor look fallible while they are pleading with their government to let them have more.

Don't knock the mud hen's. They might be a bit chubby compared to the C model, but they are certainly no slouch.

I mean it's a bit unfair when your adversary can see you on the radar from 'a lot' farther away without even having his own radar emitting and lock you up by just speaking a command into his mask, while you fumble around with a cursor control on the HOTAS. And some more gucci stuff besides. :smilewink:

Spoiler