aim 9 growl tone too quiet for me

Hiddenxreaper

You can turn up the missile volume on the left panel.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

You can turn up the missile volume on the left panel.

I assume you mean the WPN (or something like that) knob on the left panel?

Its max for me but I also cant hear the growl... I hear a tone when something is locked but nothing otherwise. Maybe this is intended?

You can always increase the volume of the sound file in any decent sound editor to suit your taste.

I guess the question is if this behavior is intended or not.

(I hope its not because I really like that growling :music_whistling:)

I guess the question is if this behavior is intended or not.

(I hope its not because I really like that growling :music_whistling:)

According to

&
video, the tone being quiet in game is realistic. You can see, or rather hear,
that the tone is quiet when there is little to no heat signature, and as some signature is detected it starts growling and a solid tone is heard when you lock the seeker to the target, this is how it's modelled in the game as well.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

"aim 9 growl tone too quiet for me"

and that's a bad thing???? LOL

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

According to
&
that the tone is quiet when there is little to no heat signature, and as some signature is detected it starts growling and a solid tone is heard when you lock the seeker to the target, this is how it's modelled in the game as well.

Thanks!

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

According to
&

A little difficult to determine since you have no reference. I mean, you have no idea how the volume knobs are dialed and no idea if that has any influence on how to volume goes to tape.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

A little difficult to determine since you have no reference. I mean, you have no idea how the volume knobs are dialed and no idea if that has any influence on how to volume goes to tape.

The volume goes to tape just fine, you can hear the signatures and lock tones have proper sound levels and tone in the video at the

. That

also indicates the volume knob is set to above medium. I think the volume knob controls all the Aim-9 tones including the high & low growls and lock tone if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by SCU

Ah sorry, misunderstood. I think HUD tapes reflect what the pilot hears, why wouldn't they since they're used in debriefs and reviews, I see no reason that they don't.

Whatever the case (whether the tones are defaulted to a set volume level or dependent on volume dial in HUD tapes) it's clear from the video that AIM9 tone makes little to no noise when detecting little/no heat signature, and starts to 'growl' when it detects some, as you can see from the linked video at the specific time-stamps above^. I don't know what you mean by the radios separated from the rest; I don't think radio audio affects other audio (like warning tones, aim9 tones etc.).

Really? I don't see a "Missile Volume" knob...so does that mean we got a new bug???:music_whistling:

I think it's "WPN Vol", but as already mentioned, use a sound editor to raise the volume levels. I lowered the F15's RWR Threat volume. It's annoying as hell.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

According to
&

This is very true, and you don't need the tone unless you are almost blind, and you would not be flying if you were blind

Wishlist: F-15E, F-16C, F-4J, F/A-18E, AV-8B II Plus, Su-34

PC: i5 8600k,Gigabyte Ultra durable Z370, Gigabyte Gtx 1070 Windforce, Corsair Vengance 16gb :joystick: