AV-8B Early Access Missing Features (No Discussion)

Snoopy

I’m sure RAZBAM has an internal listing but I thought I’d put together a list from the pocket guide so those of us in the community can keep track as the functions are added. I initially made this list so as we evaluate within the 476 vFG to possibly add the Harrier as a new Squadron we could keep track of some of the key things that need to be added first.

If anyone sees anything I missed (or Zeus sees something I interpreted wrong from the guide) let me know.

Looking forward to getting my hands on this aircraft tomorrow, she’s looking good so far from the preview videos and I’m excited for what is yet to be implemented!

Missing features in Early Access (as of 14 Feb 18 ):

• Moving Map
  • Ground Power Control Panel functionality
  • NRAS & PC Valves fixed
  • INS alignment options
  • Ability to create/modify flight plans
  • Markpoint (MK) Navigation
  • EASY COMMS only
  • Manually change radio frequencies
  • UFC MAN Mode
  • V/UHF radio Set Controls (RCS)
  • EMCON Mode
  • TDC Action/No Action modes
  • NAVFLIR cool down time
  • Video brightness Control
  • Video Contrast Function
  • NAVFLIR Hotspot Detector
  • Manual Delivery Mode
  • UFC & ODU Weapons Programming
  • DSL(1)(manual) delivery mode
  • NVG Case
  • Pilot Body on/off

HUD Display

• TGP interface
  • HUD Symbology Brightness
  • FLIR Video Controls
  • MPCD Display Swap
  • course knob

UFC

• Additional UFC Functions Modes
    --IFF
    --Weapons (WPN)
    --Waypoint Over Fly (WDF)
    --Radar Beacon (BCN)
    --Altimeter (ALT)
    --Emission Control (EM CON)
    --Target-of-Opportunity (TOO)

Multi-Purpose Color Display (MPCD)

• MPCD Brightness knob
  • Additional MPCD Pages
    --HUD Repeater (HUD)
    --Built-in Test (BIT)
    --V/STOL -Rest Calculator page (VRST)
    --Software Configuration page (CONF)
    --IFF Data page (IFF)
    --Pre-programmed kneeboard card (CARD)
    --Close Air Support page (CAS)
    --Emergency Checklist Cards page (EMER)
    --System Data page(SDAT)
    --Communication data page (COMM)

Weapons Acquisition & Deliver Modes

• Sidewinder Extended Acquisition Mode (SEAM)
  • LOFT Delivery Mode
  • AGM-65E/TGM-65E
  • Further development of AGM-122A
  • Expendables dispensing programming
  • Additional Weapons (although specifics not listed)

Warnings/Cautions/Advisories

• C_AUT: Computed delivery mode (AUTO and CCIP)
  • Voice Warnings

Items not listed in the Pocket Guide

• KC-135 updated to include refueling pods (per Wags)
  • Additional Ship assets

ITEMS ADDED

• Mirrors On/Off
  • Day/Night HUD
  • KC-130 TACAN
  • autopilot

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 7

That's about right. Thanks. :smartass:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

"MPCD Display Swap"

I thought this was something that couldn't be done in the Harrier?

Yes. It can be done, except for certain video modes.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

zeus will their be pop stalls and hot gas ingestion that affect engine power? now or in the future?

I don't know on their status, but if they can be modeled, they will.

Are all these features going to be gradually introduced with incremental updates?

Yes. That's the idea.

The aircraft has a quite complex systems that while easy to use are hard to develop.

We had to choose on a series of features to be ready so you could fly the aircraft as soon as possible with constant updates to enable the rest.

Well even if its a very very minor Missing Feature plz RAZBAM dont forget about closing and opening the Canopy via the Canopy Handle in the Pit.

At least in the Final Release since there are way more important things to implement first.

For me this was just the fist thing i realized when i did my first VTOL Crashes :D

• ED Team
Well even if its a very very minor Missing Feature plz RAZBAM dont forget about closing and opening the Canopy via the Canopy Handle in the Pit.

I have reported this during testing, I am sure they will sort it eventually :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@Snoopy, many thanks indeed for recording this valuable information. I hope it's not too much to ask that you might update the front page with strikethroughs as we go, as my smallish group of players are measuring the EA feature lists before committing to a direction change and purchase also, same with F-18C? I don't expect anything close for a good 6 months at least so I'm hoping just to track this thread on a fortnightly basis to enable squadron planning.

• Like 1

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

@Snoopy, many thanks indeed for recording this valuable information. I hope it's not too much to ask that you might update the front page with strikethroughs as we go, as my smallish group of players are measuring the EA feature lists before committing to a direction change and purchase also, same with F-18C? I don't expect anything close for a good 6 months at least so I'm hoping just to track this thread on a fortnightly basis to enable squadron planning.

That was my plan but the forums doesn’t allow strikethroughs. What I’ll likely do is move implemented items to a list at the bottom titled “Inplenemted” or something of that nature.

We’re on the same page, I REALLY want to officially add the AV-8B to the 476 vFG (actually already started work on our -3.3) and that’s where this list started from.

• Like 2

• ED Team

Guys please treat this similar to SD's roadmap thread, no discussions, no bug reports, if you want to thank Snoopy, send him a PM or bump his rep. Lets keep it clean so he can help us track the progress of the Harrier. Thanks guys!

• Like 2

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I've been looking around and it seems as though the AV-8B (Unsure of version) could mount and use the AGM-88 HARM Missile, I thought this would be an interesting addition as it could be a possible copy/paste from the F/A-18 once it gets added. Can we please get some information on this?

Will they implement some sort of Trim Reset ?
Not sure the AV-8B has any. What you can do, is use the trim gauges to set neutral again ( left console, to the front of the SAS/AP switches, if I remember correct).

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Not sure the AV-8B has any. What you can do, is use the trim gauges to set neutral again ( left console, to the front of the SAS/AP switches, if I remember correct).

I don’t believe it does, can’t find a mention in the NOTAP manual.

And as a reminder PLEASE only post in this thread if I missed listing a missing feature or miss updating the list when a feature is added. Questions/wishes/bugs should be posted in another thread. Thanks!

Only AV-8B Harrier Plus (radar version) carries AGM-88.

Apologies for discussion.

Everything I search (web/books) says the AV-8B can carry the AGM-88. (heres one for example https://www.military.com/equipment/av-8b-harrier-ii)

I can't find anything that says its only for the + version.

Can you provide links saying that its only for the + version?

Edited by Sneak69

Sorry for my stupid question but how soon we can except a first content patch ? :)

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

• 2 months later...