Radios comm again, no response in rigth frequency

Hello, I'm here with one more question about the F / A-18,

So I ask the forum friends for help.

I do not know if it's a game bug (it's part of the beta) or if I'm the problem.

The problem is as follows:

-Example the mission says that the AWACS is in the frequency 251Mhz AM.

During the flight I turn the comm1 button to the memory number 18 and pull it, which appears 251,000 AM I use the following command to communicate with him:

COMM SWITCH - COMM1 = RALT + \ (originally set in the game options control)

The white color radios menu should appear on the AWACS part, because I'm supposed to be doing the correct procedure.

More does not appear in white color appears in gray color.

Result AWACS only responds sometimes, in fact I think he does not even respond, he only warns sporadically.

Even problem in contacting the airports are never white in the radios, only gray, none responds ...

Does anybody go through that too?

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

I usually only play multiplayer, is it some online game bug?

Thank you in advance

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

During the flight I turn the comm1 button to the memory number 18 and pull it, which appears 251,000 AM I use the following command to communicate with him:

Are you leaving the com 1 button pulled out? If so, I think that puts Com 1 in programming mode.

No, I pull the button just to talk to the computer that I want to be on this channel, it goes back alone inside.

System:

Asus TUF Z390-Pro Gaming/ Intel i5-9600k@ Coffeelake 9a Gen/ Water Cooler Corsair Hydro H45/ Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32Gb 3200Mhz/ EVGA GeForce RX 2070 Super 8Gb Gddr6 256Bits/ 1 SSd M2 3gen 1Tb Xpg/ Headset Corsair + SoundCloud BlasterX Pro Gaming AE-5 / Corsair HX1000i W Plus Platinum/ Case Corsair Gamer Series Obsidiam 500D/ LG 32" 4k Monitor Dp/ Track Ir5 w/Clip Pro/ Saitek Hino X56

Do you have Easy Comms enabled?

Also you shouldn't need to pull the radio switch. Just using the scroll wheel on the mouse to the right preset is fine.

Also check that on the UFC it's in AM. There's a weird bug right now where it will flash from AM to FM and back. Sometimes hitting that button will change from flashing back and forth to just one. If that doesn't work switch to another preset then switch back.

Here's my procedure since turning OFF Simple Comm's and going to the realistic mode, and it works every time PROVIDED there is power (IE, does not work on the ground with nothing running (You can use ground power, but that's another subject)

Once the system is running, either by the engines or ground power

1) Turn to the channel I want to change, either on COMM 1 or COMM 2. If it's already on the channel, then just a quick pull of the knob to light the display if it's not already on (NOTE - The knob only turns the display on, or moves the focus from COMM 1 to COMM 2, or COMM 2 to COMM 1, depending on the knob you pull, it's not needed for programming)

2) If the channel isn't the correct FREQ hit the CLR button (NOTE - In game, you can just enter the channel. This isn't correct AFAIK - All military radios I've ever worked with always required you to hit CLR before changing it, probably a bug)

3) Dial the number on the UFC, to include all trailng zeros

4) Press ENT (NOTE - There's a known bug in game right now, this doesn't always take. Sometimes you have to program twice. Once, one of my wingmen had to actually leave the server and come back because his radio would never program, just flash and go back to the previously programmed channel)

When I want to talk to someone, make sure I use the key combo, or correctly mapped button to COMM 1 or COMM 2. the \ for Simple Comm's WILL bring up the COMM menu on the top right of screen, but will NOT work (at least, it never did for me). I had to use my mapped COMM 1 button (Or, I believe RTALT+\)

That's it, That's all I've ever had to do and it works.

Edited by Swany

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

Here's my procedure since turning OFF Simple Comm's and going to the realistic mode, and it works every time PROVIDED there is power (IE, does not work on the ground with nothing running (You can use ground power, but that's another subject)

Once the system is running, either by the engines or ground power

1) Turn to the channel I want to change, either on COMM 1 or COMM 2. If it's already on the channel, then just a quick pull of the knob to light the display if it's not already on (NOTE - The knob only turns the display on, or moves the focus from COMM 1 to COMM 2, or COMM 2 to COMM 1, depending on the knob you pull, it's not needed for programming)

2) If the channel isn't the correct FREQ hit the CLR button (NOTE - In game, you can just enter the channel. This isn't correct AFAIK - All military radios I've ever worked with always required you to hit CLR before changing it, probably a bug)

3) Dial the number on the UFC, to include all trailng zeros

4) Press ENT (NOTE - There's a known bug in game right now, this doesn't always take. Sometimes you have to program twice. Once, one of my wingmen had to actually leave the server and come back because his radio would never program, just flash and go back to the previously programmed channel)

When I want to talk to someone, make sure I use the key combo, or correctly mapped button to COMM 1 or COMM 2. the \ for Simple Comm's WILL bring up the COMM menu on the top right of screen, but will NOT work (at least, it never did for me). I had to use my mapped COMM 1 button (Or, I believe RTALT+\)

That's it, That's all I've ever had to do and it works.

For #4, holding the ent button a little longer usually fixes that issue.