New VR Pointing Device - Page 128 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-23-2019, 09:20 AM   #1271
iffoif

Hello every one! I am way back on the list but I would like to kindly inquire about compatibility to the Odyssey+. Are there any news about this HMD? Anyone already using it with the O+? Trying to wrap my head around the definitive ordering process and which accessories to order.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
iffoif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:57 AM   #1272
MilesD

Quote:
Originally Posted by iffoif View Post
Hello every one! I am way back on the list but I would like to kindly inquire about compatibility to the Odyssey+. Are there any news about this HMD? Anyone already using it with the O+? Trying to wrap my head around the definitive ordering process and which accessories to order.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G955F mit Tapatalk
hi Iffoif,
I will have a mount for the Odessy+. I am making the new ones as they come up in the orders. You dont need to buy anything else, Just the Kit and sepcify wich mount you would like. I am posting when I am shipping in groups of 10. So when your number is up just follow the linked instructions. Just a DCS PM for verification and an email for PayPal invoice.
Thanks,
Miles

Update: I just finished and posted the twenty five pages of instructions with the edge calibration. It looks complicated but it not, I will have a video up soon to demo it.

Shipping will restart tomorrow .
MilesD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:50 PM   #1273
MilesD

Default Firmware Update

Important for current users: The new firmware will require a new calibration because it uses 5 targets to zero, and adds a different algorithm for the upper and lower half of the display. Don't worry about edge calibration until you become familiar with it, because it's only an enhancement and not required.

Mariner3302 had the great suggestion of adding the instructions and a quick reference to the knee-board. With the new menu system I think that would be great. I was working on adding a Bitchin Betty to assist, but I think the Knee board is a better idea.

Thanks Mariner,

Miles
Old 06-25-2019, 10:16 AM   #1274
Deano87

Hey Miles. I’ve kind of lost track of things over the past few pages but did you come to a conclusion about what the best plan was regarding a Rift-S mount? I have a Rift currently but the upgrade to the S seems likely.

Did you figure out a way to use the current HMS in a way that wouldn’t occlude the top camera or do you need to come up with a new HMS design for mounting directly on the front face of the goggles?

DCS F-16C REALLY IS A THING! - BLOCK 50 BABY!!!

My Screenshots - Excited About = PointCTRL VR
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:43 AM   #1275
kaltokri

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesD View Post
I was working on adding a Bitchin Betty to assist, but I think the Knee board is a better idea.

My personal opinion is: A Video and/or PDF is good enough. A kneebord is better, but can be converted from a PDF (if it is designed to) by kneeboard builder. I can do this for you if you want. A Bitchin Betty is to much work. This effort is better spend on the rollout.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN
kaltokri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:51 AM   #1276
Deano87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaltokri View Post
My personal opinion is: A Video and/or PDF is good enough. A kneebord is better, but can be converted from a PDF (if it is designed to) by kneeboard builder. I can do this for you if you want. A Bitchin Betty is to much work. This effort is better spend on the rollout.
Agreed.

DCS F-16C REALLY IS A THING! - BLOCK 50 BABY!!!

My Screenshots - Excited About = PointCTRL VR
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:01 PM   #1277
MilesD

I think you guys are right at the about the audio for now. To FoxDeltas frustration, I screwed up the reset to defaults in the last update which caused a problem if you have a bad calibration. I am changing that now and adding some watchdogs to help prevent a bad calibration in the first place.

I have already done most of the Knee-boards and put them in a mission, so you just load up the "PointCTRL_Set Up.miz" and its all there.

Thanks again Mariner for the recommendation, I think its going to be a big help.

Miles
Old 06-25-2019, 11:15 PM   #1278
MilesD

Update: New Firmware is up v062519:

Corrected factory reset;
HMS can be reset to factory calibration and settings by pressing and holding both black buttons on the HMS while pressing and releasing the white reset button. After successful reset the cursor will move from the left edge of the field of view, all the way to the right edge as confirmation.

Factory Calibration is for Rift S ,Full Screen, Stretched view, but it will get you close for all other V/R Headsets.

Thanks,

Miles
Old 06-26-2019, 04:11 AM   #1279
Oesau

Provided feedback to MilesD - personally I’ve found the calibration with the latest firmware to be a good improvement on the previous version. I’d found the first approach difficult and never really got it to work well for me so a big thanks to MilesD for the update.

One point I also raised and worth sharing is within the calibration step 7 where you point to the cursor: left, right, top, bottom. I had originally thought that there would also be a cursor moving with the FCU movement but in fact, it doesn’t which confused me. It actually makes sense that it doesn’t as it’s about aligned where your hands think they are pointing to. Regardless - Miles is going to update this in the manual.
Oesau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:45 AM   #1280
FoxDelta

hi Miles , sorry i didn tfind the image attachment function in the PMs so i post the screenshot here, as mentioned after calibration the menu is centered in regard to left/right but for some reasons i doesn t get centered in height
the result is a flattened menu at the top of the screen, the circle is drawn as oszillating line

in fullscreen: if i reset and then try to recalibrate i never see the cursor in my rift/screen
so i have to recalibrate in windowed mode where the "menu height centering isn t working

hoping this picture helps

btw when trying edge calibration i never get my cursor into the upper half for calibration there
for me it looks like a mix up of the old calibration with the new split one. the lower half is calibratable but then cursor ends much lower than initially calibrated. looks like there is only the lower half available at all.
hmmm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pointctrlMENU.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	1.83 MB
ID:	212741  

Last edited by FoxDelta; 06-26-2019 at 10:54 AM.
FoxDelta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vr clickable cockpit, vr controller, vr gloves, vr mouse, vr tracking