New VR Pointing Device - Page 127 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-22-2019, 11:08 PM   #1261
FireCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusedspine33 View Post
It works as a mouse, so if its mouse clickable it should work.

Correct if anyone new or not looks at the bottom of Miles posts they will see links to Q/A etc.
just got back from a week away under my daughter's and Grandkids supervision Fathers day last week I had to go visit them Now I have to get to grips with my amazing Kit. Well, on Sunday, to late now.

Can I get the firmware update looked at your site I know you can not put it live until tested but would love to try it out asap.

Last edited by FireCat; 06-22-2019 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Grammar and note to Miles
FireCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:18 PM   #1262
MilesD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCat View Post
Correct if anyone new or not looks at the bottom of Miles posts they will see links to Q/A etc.
just got back from a week away under my daughter's and Grandkids supervision Fathers day last week I had to go visit them Now I have to get to grips with my amazing Kit. Well, on Sunday, to late now.
Lucky you, I am hoping for grand-kids, but I don't know if it will happen. But I really enjoy going to NYC to hang out with my daughter.

Update: Waiting on feedback from the testers on the update package and procedure to ensure it works on all systems. As soon as I get the green light from them I will email a zip file to update your HMS.

Thanks,
Miles
MilesD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:23 PM   #1263
Oesau

Thanks for the update Miles
Oesau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:25 PM   #1264
FireCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesD View Post
Lucky you, I am hoping for grand-kids, but I don't know if it will happen. But I really enjoy going to NYC to hang out with my daughter.

Update: Waiting on feedback from the testers on the update package and procedure to ensure it works on all systems. As soon as I get the green light from them I will email a zip file to update your HMS.

Thanks,
Miles
Hi Miles would love to say it's great but its still being a Dad
Old 06-22-2019, 11:38 PM   #1265
MilesD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbarnett View Post
Hi Miles, PointCTRL seems to be focused on DCS. Will it also by chance work in other sims after calibration. Like say for example FSX or P3D etc. Thanks for this great tool.

I'm thinking I'll see mine around Christmas time.
Best,
David
Yes it does work, but nowhere near as well as it does in DCS. Los has some time on other sims, and I have tried it on them all. The problem I find is their mouse implementation is horrible. It almost seems like their devs don't even fly their own sims with the clickable cockpits. But thats just my opinion, and I am partial to the DCS refined cursor implementation and clickable cockpits.

I know ED takes a lot of heat, and I honestly don't know why. Big picture, side by side, there's nothing that even comes close to what we have. To me, it seems ED is a company of enthusiast who are passionate about what they do, and we are all lucky for it. Well I should get off my soap box, I try not to get on.

Thanks for the question,

Miles
Old 06-23-2019, 12:20 AM   #1266
MilesD

Quote:

Can I get the firmware update looked at your site I know you can not put it live until tested but would love to try it out asap.
Sorry, missed your last line, Yes, my son is putting it up now on the website now, password protected. I tried to email but theyt got kicked back because of zip. I will email the passwords as soon as he is done.

Thanks,
Miles
Old 06-23-2019, 12:33 AM   #1267
FireCat

Quote:

Thanks,
Miles
Did this as a PM but I thought right or wrong all should see what a great guy, a person, a man MilesD is. First part talking about grandkids.

It's the best days of your life watching the kids grow up. Its why we are here and do what we do. I am sure you will both be grandparents in the future only it's not. You are parents all over again with the same worries as before. ONLY wiser.

Also in the USA! it costs, Yes? Cost me my youngest is a timeout on her Masters. 1yr. Dr N.Smith cost me the equivalent of US $20K so far, but as a parent, I have done my job.

I want to reiterate "STOP" my hands type faster than my brain.

I wish to say again I really want to pay my way in life, as I always have. Also to give you, your due rights as a great developer of the awesome Complimentary VR hardware that is PointCTRL. (I put this about quite a lot under my pseudonym Rabid_Raven well given to me by my grandchildren G/Girls (12-13) G/sons (1-5-6)

In other words. I do not wish to offend you and I am very worried about doing this. But I never did what I did to get something for free. Please, Miles, you have rewarded me by moving me up the list and outside the US. I will order if ok with you the cable and the Pimax adapter.

Also the cost in full. I Hope I am not offending you, but it is the kind of person I am.

I have not slept because I felt so guilty, I was away for a week I came back to watch the recurring Q's and try and point them to your last page and the links.

Kind and sincere regards

Terence.

Tried to ring your home phone no luck said calls not allowed I would speak and thank you and explain in person far better from my time period but perhaps I am not there yet lols
Old 06-23-2019, 01:45 AM   #1268
MilesD

Quote:
I will order if ok with you the cable and the Pimax adapter.
I
Did I send you the wrong mount?. I will get another one out to you, and please don't worry about paying. Sending out a PointCTRL sample was the least I could do, its not a big deal, so please dont even give it another thought. You have already done enough as the "Keeper of the list" and don't feel you have to do any more. Now after a week with the grand-kids, get some rest my friend.

Miles
Old 06-23-2019, 01:48 AM   #1269
FireCat

Quote:
Did I send you the wrong mount?. I will get another one out to you, and please don't worry about paying. Sending out a PointCTRL sample was the least I could do, its not a big deal, so please dont even give it another thought. You have already done enough as the "Keeper of the list" and don't feel you have to do any more. Now after a week with the grand-kids, get some rest my friend.

Miles
Thank you Miles. I had a great time with my Grandkids they really invigorate me. Make me feel young again.
Old 06-23-2019, 01:51 AM   #1270
FireCat

quick edit. you did not send me the wrong mount. I am adapting to work with multiple. a type of Truckers type harness. Hope to post pics soon.

Tags
vr clickable cockpit, vr controller, vr gloves, vr mouse, vr tracking