Do you fly with random system failures on?

MobiSev

Do you fly with random system failures on?  

173 members have voted

1. 1. Do you fly with random system failures on?

No sometimes option? I don't for single missions, but I think they're fine for campaigns.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

Yup, can think of only one time it actually did something in a singleplayer mission. EAC in the A-10C would not engage, no matter how many checklists and items I went back through on. Possibly just user error though.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

System failures unfortunately don't work in MP (unless you have taken damage) and because I'm flying 99% MP I don't fly with system failures.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

You kidding ? Windows update bugs , Oculus update bugs , Nvidea update bugs and yes , DCS update bugs . I get all the random failures i can handle without ticking the random failures box :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I haven't tried it yet. My gaming time is limited so I think it would be frustrating to fly half a mission or do a 10 minute cold start only to find a critical system failure means I have to abort and RTB. If I had more free time to play, I would love to try it out for the realism and procedure aspect though.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

System failures unfortunately don't work in MP (unless you have taken damage) and because I'm flying 99% MP I don't fly with system failures.

this

The very occasional SP I do is testing, which would be counterproductive to have a failure in for the test im doing, unless im testing failures, which im not, because I test for MP only.

Bring it on for MP and I'm there. Give me the scripting API's to open a whole new world in MP. And... there's your problem...

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Yes, tough depending on the aircraft ... for example on the MiG-19 there are no random failures :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Nah, I have a hard enough time with my brains random failures :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Sometimes, it really depends on the aircraft and how familiar I'm with it's emergency procedures.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Yes, always, however it rarely actually comes up (as it should be). Just gives you an incentive to actually glance over your instruments and run some tests. Which you should do anyway because you never know when your stick will stop working.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I don't use the random failures simply because although they are random, they happen every single mission you fly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

Every mission? I've had it enabled for months at this point and haven't noticed even one failure that wasn't self inflicted (high speed impacts regretably cause a variety of system failures. I'm pretty sure ED just screwed the DM)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I do. I'm not sure I've actually experienced any, though. I got a CHECK FLAPS advisory in the Hornet one time that wouldn't go away with an FCS Reset, but the flaps were working fine anyway.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I'd like some sandboxy option to trigger my personal failures ingame, that might be nice. If I just have it on in random missions, it's just going to end up to wreck my day from time to time, without any logic or purpose to it. Just "flew 50nm for XY not to work and limb back".

In MP flying home with heavy damage is one of the most fun and challenging things to do in DCS, it might be fun to have more of that from time to time, but the system really doesn't allow for it to be made in a way that is fun with most missions.