Updated AI

The Integrator

Hey,

In this video

Wags mentions at around 4:15 that there is work going on to improve the AI, specifically in dogfighting. I couldn't find anything about this anywhere else, is there any more information on this? It would be nice to have AI aircraft no longer using the basic flight model :P

Eagerly anticipating DCS: Space Shuttle

Hey,

In this video

Wags mentions at around 4:15 that there is work going on to improve the AI, specifically in dogfighting. I couldn't find anything about this anywhere else, is there any more information on this? It would be nice to have AI aircraft no longer using the basic flight model :P
I think the AI will be using the SFM for a while yet. Just too much computational power needed for all the AI planes to have AFMs. But the damage models are supposed to be updated. So, for example, if AI starts leaking fuel, it will no longer just be a visual effect.

The changes are more simple. They don't change the flight modell, but add some special maneuvers that the AI can do.

In the same vein, our aircraft AI engineer has spent a lot of time working on the aerobatics code that applies to all aircraft. He will then use that as the foundation for a much improved AI dogfight system.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Any improvement in the AI dogfight system will be very welcome!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I think the AI will be using the SFM for a while yet. Just too much computational power needed for all the AI planes to have AFMs. But the damage models are supposed to be updated. So, for example, if AI starts leaking fuel, it will no longer just be a visual effect.

There could be a compromise, to have AI wingmen with AFM and everything else still in SFM.

The destruction and fuel leaking thing should kinda be standard to everything, no matter how sophisticated the flight, it affects the most visible part of realism of the whole game, you might not have as accurate flight, but the fuel leaking thing is a pretty big deal, that's has huge consequences obviously, or else AI would be cheating if it's still flying after very damaged.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

It would be much appreciated if they could stop the Ai helos from being able to fly through the trees. Also, the Mi-24 is Op. They shouldn't be able to take over 400 rounds of 7.62mm without a blade or something else critical getting taken out.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

It would be much appreciated if they could stop the Ai helos from being able to fly through the trees. Also, the Mi-24 is Op. They shouldn't be able to take over 400 rounds of 7.62mm without a blade or something else critical getting taken out.

I once had a Hind soak up 4 sidewinders like it was nuthin! Then he shot me down with his chin turret! I was in an F-15C, I dunno if its OP or I suck haha

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

I once had a Hind soak up 4 sidewinders like it was nuthin! Then he shot me down with his chin turret! I was in an F-15C, I dunno if its OP or I suck haha

Ha, that's brutal. Kind of a rage quit moment.

Thermaltake Core P90 Tempered Glass//Thermaltake iRGB Plus 1200W//GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS MASTER LGA 1151//i9-9900K//Thermaltake CL420 Copper Radiator//Thermaltake W4 Plus//Thermaltake 140mm Radiator Fan Triple Pack//Samsung 1TB 970 EVO NVMe M2//SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 500GB //CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB 3200//GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 TI//Logitech G940//Virpil MT50 Throttle//MFG Crosswind rudder pedals//Geko GSeat//Gametrix Jetseat//Htc Vive//Pimax 5k+//Viril VFX//Razer Nari Ultimate

With regard to the AI improvements, I’d like to see an advanced waypoint action of ‘formation flying’ or something similar that dampens or limits ther AI roll and pitch rates and angles.

For example, in the KA-50 deployment campaign, the Mi-24 that you are required to form up upon makes minor heading changes when reaching waypoints like its trying to evade a man pad, and it’s nap of the earth flying makes it look like they’re on a roller coaster with all the pitching up and down about half way through the route.

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

With regard to the AI improvements, I’d like to see an advanced waypoint action of ‘formation flying’ or something similar that dampens or limits ther AI roll and pitch rates and angles.

For example, in the KA-50 deployment campaign, the Mi-24 that you are required to form up upon makes minor heading changes when reaching waypoints like its trying to evade a man pad, and it’s nap of the earth flying makes it look like they’re on a roller coaster with all the pitching up and down about half way through the route.

The way AI navigate is abysmal.

Give them 50 miles to change altitude by 10,000' and they try to climb or descend all 10K in the first half mile. Silly...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com