Mission Editor: Changing Maps

Flagrum

The Mission Editor remembers the map that was used the last time in the Mission Editor. It does not care, if other maps were used when starting a mission from the main menu, it will always get back to the last map used in the editor.

Loading maps for the first time, be it because it is used in a mission or be it in the ME, takes a fairly long time. And chances are, that the ME "always" loads exactly the "wrong" map when you start it, and you have to change it with "File -> New" ...

Suggestion: add a smal dialog window asking for the map to be used when opening the mission editor. Perhaps pre-select the last one used as default.

• Like 2

+1

For me the best way is just bring up the file -> new window when you launch the mission editor, and have a tab on the new mission GUI (idk what to call it, the window where you change coalitions and their countries) for open.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

• 2 years later...

+1

I'd also like a feature where you can "EXPORT" a mission and all its assets at least, and place them on a new/ other maps of your maps inventore/DLC maps.

To get some variations in the mission but you dont need to start all over to create the same mission for another map....

• 3 months later...

Hmm, but on another map wouldn't placement/objects be different?

It just seems to me that we're better off with static templates in the same manner as what we have with ground vehicles. Where we can make a group of static objects, move the group around and rotate the group.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.