DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hi Virus,

I did see your post, but I haven't had an opportunity to address it yet. I won't be able to get to it until next week at the earliest.

Best,

HF

Ok...thanks, we are not in a hurry i just wanted to be sure that you read my posts...take your time

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Hi All,

Did ED change the mapping of A-10C mic switches? I haven't updated for almost a year until now and with the help of Bignewy, I found out that some airbase frequencies changed. But I've also noticed that when I hit the VHF AM switch, it's actually using the in-game UHF radio. Also, when I hit the UHF switch, it uses the in-game VHF FM radio. I've been out of the loop for a while now, so am I missing something? I'm using 1.68 version so do I just need to change the mappings?

Thanks.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

pimp,

If you're using the Cougar (assumption based on your signature), the default mapping may be different from what you're used to. Since the A-10C mic switch is on the thumb side of the throttle (versus the middle finger on the TQS comm switch), there is a question of orientation (i.e. which way do you offset it 90 degrees).

Check out the section titled "Comm Switch Custom Mapping" on page 41 of the Advanced Configuration Guide, and you should be able to adjust your comm switch to your earlier values. Note that this is not just for the A-10C, but any comm switch map that uses three radios (e.g. SimpleRadio selection for FC3).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi HomeFries,

I'm sorry but I'm back in the F-15C and I still cannot figure out why my airbrakes does not work using my cougar. When I use DCS_F15C_Init() in Target and fly in the F15C, trying to use the airbrakes with my cougar does not work. However, when I use DCS_A10A_Init() in Target, but fly in the F15C, the airbrakes work using my cougar. The button assignments for the airbrakes are the exact same between the A10A & F15C in the game controls so this is really weird. I was looking through the DCS_FC3.TMC file to see if I can make out any differences in the aircraft code methods between the F15C and other but I'm not really sure what to look for. I haven't modified any of your 1.68 files except for the DCS_World.tmc. I hope I narrowed the path to the solution for you. Thanks for your help in advance.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Hi Pimp,

While the keymapping for the airbrake is the same in the F-15C and A-10A, how they are implemented differs. IIRC, the A-10A airbrake in game is either full-out or full-in (unlike the variable brake position on the A-10C). On the other hand, the F-15C airbrake can be deployed partially like the A-10C, though it does it differently.

With the F-15C, you if you want to deploy the brake, you push brake out, and if you want to stop its deployment partway, you press brake out again to stop the motion (like a toggle). Brake in works exactly the same way. This functionality is mapped to the controller so how it works should be transparent. However, in order to fully deploy the airbrake you need to hold T9 back until it is fully deployed (look back at the brake behind the canopy and wait for it to stop moving). Same goes for retracting the brake, though T10 locks in position so you don't have to think about it as much.

Hope this helps.

All,

Just an update on my...ahem...update: It appears that 2.1.1 has mapped some additional functionality to the Viggen that I anticipate in 1.5.7. Once 1.5.7 is released in Openbeta, I will look at the assignments and remap the Viggen appropriately. Since the Viggen was the focus of the 1.69 update (and some of these changes may be rendered obsolete), I tentatively plan to skip the 1.69 formal release and go directly to 1.70 to alleviate any confusion (for those of you who downloaded the 1.69 beta). 1.70 should be a quick release, and then 1.71 will focus on the fixes for VAC and the Mi-8.

Hi Pimp,

While the keymapping for the airbrake is the same in the F-15C and A-10A, how they are implemented differs. IIRC, the A-10A airbrake in game is either full-out or full-in (unlike the variable brake position on the A-10C). On the other hand, the F-15C airbrake can be deployed partially like the A-10C, though it does it differently.

With the F-15C, you if you want to deploy the brake, you push brake out, and if you want to stop its deployment partway, you press brake out again to stop the motion (like a toggle). Brake in works exactly the same way. This functionality is mapped to the controller so how it works should be transparent. However, in order to fully deploy the airbrake you need to hold T9 back until it is fully deployed (look back at the brake behind the canopy and wait for it to stop moving). Same goes for retracting the brake, though T10 locks in position so you don't have to think about it as much.

Hope this helps.

At this point, I wouldn't care how the airbrake functions. I just want it to turn on and off when I use my cougar. Is there something in the DCS_FC3.TMC file any other file that would cause this issue? The airbrakes does not work when using my cougar when activating DCS_F15C_Init().

I can confirm that when I load DCS_F15C_Init() in Target, btn_27 & btn_28 are not recognized in the in-game control section. Even when I try to reassign them to other keys, nothing happens when I use them. However, when I load other DCS_XXXX_Init() in Target, the buttons are recognized.

I can confirm that when I load DCS_F15C_Init() in Target, btn_27 & btn_28 are not recognized in the in-game control section. Even when I try to reassign them to other keys, nothing happens when I use them. However, when I load other DCS_XXXX_Init() in Target, the buttons are recognized.

Ok thanks. I'll look into it.

Ok thanks. I'll look into it.

Thanks Home Fries. I'm sure it's something simple that I cannot see.

@Pimp,

I couldn't duplicate the error. When I assign my Cougar as the controller and enable the F-15C module, DX27/28 work properly and the LLED1 flashes in transition.

Please test the DX commands using the Device Analyzer (from within the TARGET script editor); you should see DX27/28 pulse once when T9/10 (respectively) is engaged, and another DX27/28 pulse when the switch is disengaged.

If you're still having trouble, please post your DCS World.tmc here so I can evaluate your configuration for something I might have missed.

@Pimp,

I couldn't duplicate the error. When I assign my Cougar as the controller and enable the F-15C module, DX27/28 work properly and the LLED1 flashes in transition.

Please test the DX commands using the Device Analyzer (from within the TARGET script editor); you should see DX27/28 pulse once when T9/10 (respectively) is engaged, and another DX27/28 pulse when the switch is disengaged.

If you're still having trouble, please post your DCS World.tmc here so I can evaluate your configuration for something I might have missed.

Thank you for your time and assistance. The buttons do function correctly in the Analyzer, but in game I get no response when these buttons are used. So I setup DCS on 1 screen and the analyzer on another, and while DCS has the focus I press the buttons and I can see the analyzer buttons highlight respectively but nothing happens in DCS. I'm figuring it has to be the kb & hc files I'm using inside of DCS. See attached files. Thank you.

Pimp_F15C_Files .zip

Both your diff.lua files and the dcs world.tmc look fine.

The other thing I might recommend is to increase the KBPress and KBDelay values in 10ms incrmements and see if it works. This just ensures that the key/button is held down long enough for DCS to recognize it.

The only way it'll work is if I go back to your v1.30 and use those files instead. I don't know why but the latest versions does not want to work for me. Again, this is only for this F15C airbrake issue. Other profiles work as they should.

Do you mean 1.30 of the entire profile, or 1.30 of the lua files? Understanding that may help figure out the issue.

From the 1.30 set, I load the DCS_WORLD.TMC in Target and the lua files for the F15C in DCS. I believe those are kb_128 & js_130 versions. Let me know if you meed more info.

Just in case this helps, i tried to use the DCS_WORLD.TMC from 1.68 and the lua files from the 1.30 set but the airbrakes for F15C did nit work using my cougar. I hope this helpful to you.

• 2 weeks later...

At long last, 1.70 is released. This build incorporates the 1.69 changes and refines the AJS-37 Viggen controls (especially useful with FunkyFranky's switch mod, which is included in the package with permission).

Now I can get back to my Master's thesis and then focus on the Mi-8 and VAC.

• Like 1

Damn BRO thanks for all your time on these:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Home Fries

I just added 2 more TM MFDs so now I have 4 of them. I could not find where I excluded numbers 3 and 4 from the 1.70 profile. Where is the excluded lines and do I need to do that?

PS: The 2 additional MFDs installed with no problem and appear on the game controller list and also in the DCS controller list. Neat. So I am ready for the 3 MFDs for the F18.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

sobe,

Everything I've been able to find says that TARGET recognizes only the first 2 MFDs, though none of these posts have referenced more recent software builds. I have certainly not found any nomenclature for additional MFDs in TARGET. Can you confirm that MFDs 3 and 4 get pulled into the profile (i.e. you don't see them separately in the DCS controls menu when the profile is active)?

If there is something I need to do to fix this for future builds, I'll do it. I just haven't yet figured out what that something is.

EDIT: Looking in the target.tmh header file, I only see this:

alias Throttle	= "VID_044F&PID_0404", Joystick	= "VID_044F&PID_0402", LMFD		= "VID_044F&PID_b351";
alias RMFD 		= "VID_044F&PID_b352", HCougar	= "VID_044F&PID_0400", T16000	= "VID_044F&PID_B10A";
alias TWCSThrottle	= "VID_044F&PID_B687", TFRPRudder="VID_044F&PID_B679", T16000L	= "VID_044F&PID_B10A";

There doesn't appear to be anything beyond LMFD or RMFD.

Edited by Home Fries

HomeFries

I think you are correct that Target only sees the first 2 MFDs. I just ran the GUI target program and it only shows the first 2 MFDs. I would assume that as TM is coming out with a new HOTAS for the F18, it will also add the other MFDs to it programing.

However, currently DCS apparently sees all 4 if you want to program directly in the game. Also, I have programed MFD #3 for use with the superbug in Prepared3.

On another note, when I try to run 1.70, I get the following error message:

Compile error:Variable/function name expected in DCS/DCS_Global_Subs.tmc at line 180. Is this related to the script path in line 217 of DCS World.tmc?

Edited by sobe
typo

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

HomeFries

I think you are correct that Target only sees the first 2 MFDs. I just ran the GUI target program and it only shows the first 2 MFDs. I would assume that as TM is coming out with a new HOTAS for the F18, it will also add the other MFDs to it programing.

However, currently DCS apparently sees all 4 if you want to program directly in the game. Also, I have programed MFD #3 for use with the superbug in Prepared3.

You should be able to see MFDs 3 and 4 in the DCS controls menu along with the Thrustmaster Combined (TARGET) controller. You should also be able to program them independently of TARGET. That's how I plan to set up the 3rd MFD for the Hornet even if TM does allow the 3rd and 4th MFDs into the TARGET profile.

On another note, when I try to run 1.70, I get the following error message:

Compile error:Variable/function name expected in DCS/DCS_Global_Subs.tmc at line 180. Is this related to the script path in line 217 of DCS World.tmc?

Line 180 points to a variable declaration

int TIR_Center;

This leads me to believe that you may not have updated your DCS_UserSettings.tmm with 1.70. I converted TIR_Center from a macro to a variable to make things easier for VR users, but you need to copy over the first part of the new DCS_UserSettings.tmm to make it work. If this isn't the case or doesn't fix it, please let me know.

Home Fries

In 1.70 your UserSettings file is dated 3/8/2017 while all of the other files are dated 7/14 or 7/15.

I am still getting the same error after copying over the 1.70 user settings file.