DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Ok, Hicks. I fixed it. There were a few other things that needed fixing beyond extra parentheses. The fix will be incorporated into the next build.

In the mean time, set

CommStateAllow  = 0

in DCS World.tmc. It disables CommState, but CommState isn't working for the Mirage as it is now. You will still get error messages, but they shouldn't affect anything.

Once 1.65 is out, you can go back to the original setting.

Again, thanks for the bug report. I no longer have a dedicated tester for the Cougar side of the profile, so unless I catch it in regression testing I have to depend on bug reports.

Are High Contrast MFDs in the works for the Mig 15, Mig 21 and the F86?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

BTW

The high contrast MFDs are not just for the color blind. They are also perfect for older flyers that have trouble seeing the commands even though I have taken the JPEGs to a color printing store. The printing is just not as sharp as it appears on the monitors.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I agree, sobe. I like the inserts for the immersion, but I can completely understand the demand for high contrast. The Migs and the F-86 are pretty much set in their functionality, so I can create the high contrast MFDs. I need to run down a nasty Cougar bug first, though (see the previous posts), then release 1.65.

I will PM them to you when I'm done, and then I'll put them in the following build.

Best,

HF

Edited by Home Fries

But, I just check the change, and note that the microstick doesn't work on X axis (vertical is ok, but the TDC does not move horizontaly)

That's me being an idiot. I included a warthog profile for the cougar, so the Axes were different. I'll fix this in 1.65.

Happy days Home Fries :thumbup:

I'm in my family, i come back on wednesday evening in my (poor) room to try your new version.

By the way, yesterday i take a look on each file and i understand that my red lines in command options are du to something wrong with DCS and the keyboard files, i will continue to investigate on my return.

Have a nice week end,

HiCKS

Hello Home_Fries,

I'm damned .. I install your new version and just after launched the script : error !

Running script: C:\HiCKS\TARGET Profiles\DCS World.tmc

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Compile Succeeded.

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:

1: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"

2: "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&REV_0110&MI_00"

3: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0404" cannot be found

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0402" cannot be found

USB HID device "F16 MFD 1"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B351\5&141EA4D&0&6) selected

USB HID device "F16 MFD 2"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B352\5&141EA4D&0&5) selected

USB HID device "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&MI_00\8&2E74DFE8&0&0000) selected

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done

DCS_Global() Start.

Script stopped!

Runtime Error: Symbol not found: Rdo_Channels in DCS_Global ( line 413 in DCS/DCS_Global_Subs.tmc )

Any solution ?

So HF,

When I load 'TARGET M2000C hc 165.diff.lua' and 'TARGET M2000C kb 165.diff.lua' in command options this is what I see :

On Throttle : everything work

On HOTAS : All buttons working except the "pinkie lever" do nothing and when I push H3 to left,up(And I also notice that H3 to up = cockpit view) or right then the script going mad and do that :

Map Cougar Left MFD (DX31)...Done!

Map Cougar Right MFD (DX32)...Done!

H3 push to down = nothing happen

On MFD1 (LEFT) :

• LOSB 16 to 20 are working but LOSB 1 to 15 don't work
  • LGAIN+LSYM+LCON+LBRT do nothing

On MFD2 (RIGHT)

• LOSB 01 and 16 to 20 are working but LOSB 2 to 10 don't work, LOSB 11 to LOSB15 are mapped for PCN
  • RGAIN+RSYM+RCON do nothing but RBRT is mapped for PCN

Like last time I have lot of red lines.

I think something going wrong in the script, don't you ?

HiCKS.

Edited by HiCKS-BB15

On HOTAS : All buttons working except the "pinkie lever" do nothing and when I push H3 to left,up(And I also notice that H3 to up = cockpit view) or right then the script going mad and do that :

H3 push to down = nothing happen

Everything does something, but it doesn't always involve a directx button press. For example, H3 U/D/L/R sets different SnapViews (i.e. fixed views that allow you to easily look at and modify avionics). They are also TEMPO'd, which means that holding H3 in a direction will invoke that SnapView and a quick press will release the SnapView (putting you back to the default view). Holding S3+H3L/R gives you a different SnapView as well. If SnapViews go crazy, this is because when the CPU gets saturated, sometimes DCS misses commands. Just do the SnapView command again to get it to work.

When you say "nothing happens", what do you mean? Did nothing appear on the Device Analyzer or Event Viewer, did you not jump to a command in the Options menu, or did the control not actually work in-game?

Like last time I have lot of red lines.

We resolved the red lines by assigning the Joy_Btn30-32 modifiers to each aircraft. However, if you ever save out of the controller options screen while the TARGET profile is not loaded, you will lose those modifiers. If you see the red lines and the TARGET script is not loaded, make sure you cancel out of the options screen, then load the script in TARGET.

To correct this, create the modifiers again, then reload the diff.luas for the keyboard and Cougar. This should clear the red lines and hopefully fix any issues.

Gents:

I have not programed my TM HOTAS Cougar in a long... long while. How do you set up the TQS throttle in DCS? Is it a repetition of a key stroke ? Could you give an example?

Roland

Depends on what you want to do, Roland. DCS already has a robust control customization menu, which means that most people don't even need to program their controllers. You could leave your Cougar Control Panel in Windows Mode (the red button, not the green emulation mode button) and do all of your assignments within DCS World. The throttle, range knob, and antenna knob all act as analog axes, and DCS even has a slider setting for them if you with to adjust the axis response.

You can also use Foxy and load your setting into firmware using the Cougar Control Panel, but there is no way to switch profiles on the fly.

Lastly, you can use TARGET, which is Thrustmaster's latest programming interface. Instead of writing to the Cougar firmware, running a program creates a virtual controller. That is what this program does, and while it is much more difficult than programming in Foxy, it provides a lot more capability and flexibility as well.

Both programming options also allow you to use analog axes for the throttle and knobs, but you can do repeating digital (like you asked about) if you so desire.

• 4 weeks later...

Homefries

What is the status of the high contrast MFDs for the Mig 21 and the F86?

Sobe

No problem.

Hello all!

I am a new Warthog user! I was wandering if I can use your awesome profiles without MFDs.

If yes, where can I find the settings to map another key to change aircraft profile?

Thanks a lot!

MFDs are the only way to hot-select different aircraft. You can fly a single aircraft without MFDs, although depending on the aircraft you may lose some core functionality.

The good news is that, especially if you shelled out $400 for a Warthog, the MFDs are only $70 for a pair and add a huge dimension to the game.

What aircraft are you flying? I can tell you how bad you need MFDs based on that piece of information.

MFDs are the only way to hot-select different aircraft. You can fly a single aircraft without MFDs, although depending on the aircraft you may lose some core functionality.

The good news is that, especially if you shelled out $400 for a Warthog, the MFDs are only $70 for a pair and add a huge dimension to the game.

What aircraft are you flying? I can tell you how bad you need MFDs based on that piece of information.

What a fast reply! Thanks!

I know, its only 66Euros, nothing compared the 330Euros for the stick and 470 for the gtx 1070, as this salary is almost screwed up, I could buy them too :cry::cry:

I just re-started to fly after some years pause and I would play around with A10, Ka50, M2000 and F15. If you say is not trivial to change the binding to select the module to a button on the stick/throttle/keyboard, I will load single modules or buy them.

Do you guys put these MFDs behind another screen/tablet or just use them for the buttons?

Tyyko

With respect to the MFD's, I initially put them on my bottom screen and then eventually put them off to the sides of my bottom screen and used my bottom screen for Helios profiles. I found the latter to be my best option. You just have to try different options to see what is most comfortable for you.

Edited by sobe
new last sentence

Home Fries

I have the Mig 21 module and after setting up 1.65, when I tried to run it, I got the following:

Script stopped!

Runtime Error: Not a function call: Backlight_Max_in DCS_Mig21_Init (line 335 in DCS/Modules/DCS_Mig21.tmc.

Line 335 of the Mig Module reads as follows:

DeferCall(LED_Delay,Backlight_Max_Init, 0);

What do you think I did wrong?

What does the WHC in the whc v 150.diff refer to?

Edited by sobe
new last line

Home Fries

I have the Mig 21 module and after setting up 1.65, when I tried to run it, I got the following:

Script stopped!

Runtime Error: Not a function call: Backlight_Max_in DCS_Mig21_Init (line 335 in DCS/Modules/DCS_Mig21.tmc.

Line 335 of the Mig Module reads as follows:

DeferCall(LED_Delay,Backlight_Max_Init, 0);

What do you think I did wrong?

You probably didn't do anything wrong; I need to debug the code, and I'll post a workaround until the next release.

What does the WHC in the whc v 150.diff refer to?

WHC is if you have both the Warthog and Cougar attached with cougar X and Y axes tied to the toe brakes in a gameport rudder. It's a very specific configuration that allows gameport rudder users with toe brakes (e.g. ch pro pedals) to use them in DCS. See pp. 7-8 of the Setup Guide for details.