[RESOLVED]Catapult deck crews not visible for non-module owners.

D4n

See trackfile. Only static personnel visible (3 men).

(it clearly is supercarrier as we can see the bubble)

[Wags posted here that deck crew WILL be visible to non owners.]

trk. file: https://ufile.io/ubxoj4o8

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

In multiplayer they should be able to see the crew, just not be able to spawn from SC or land on it (no interaction with deck crew).

From SC FAQ:

How will it work in multiplayer if a player does not own Supercarrier”?

Anyone can join a server that includes the Supercarrier module. Owners of the module can takeoff and land on the Supercarrier, as well as use the Case 1, 2, and 3 radio communications, Ready Room, LSO station, Air Boss station, and more. Non-owners of the module will:

• See the Supercarriers, deck crew, and aircraft on the deck in missions. This will allow them to join a multiplayer mission with Supercarrier.

• Create missions with the Supercarriers using the Mission Editor.

However, if you do not own the Supercarrier module, you will not be able to spawn on the deck to takeoff or catch an arresting wire to land. You would also not be able to take advantage of the new radio communications, the Ready Room, LSO, Station, and Air Boss Station.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team

I have reported,

not sure if it was intentional, will let you know when I find out.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

any news, 3 weeks later? Did ED make up their mind?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• ED Team

I will chase it up with the team.

Please be aware everything is subject to change, if you want to experience the super carrier it is best to purchase it.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Ok, finally got clarified, ED changed their mind and deck crew will only be visible to module owners it seems, so now no confusion anymore for all the new DCS players. :)

The gift that keeps on giving... divides the mulitplayer community, requires modifications to every existing map, user files section is now filled with SC!!! and non-SC editions of everything, making it a bigger mess than it already was, what a mess. I would love an interview with the production manager. :huh:

• ED Team
The gift that keeps on giving... divides the mulitplayer community, requires modifications to every existing map, user files section is now filled with SC!!! and non-SC editions of everything, making it a bigger mess than it already was, what a mess. I would love an interview with the production manager. :huh:

Seeing crew or not does not divide the MP community, you can still play on the same server, still see the carriers, still host a SC mission without owning, still add the SC to a mission without owning.

If you want to use the super carrier you need to own it, it is that simple.

Complaining about a module you DIDN'T buy?....well that's new! Hah! Help ma boab.

Hardly a "gift" that keeps giving as those of us that own the module paid for it ourselves.

Some people are just never happy. You get all this free eye candy added for nothing yet still...??

Dear oh dear

Um, I did buy it, I just don't like the business model behind it and the fact we need two carriers in every mission, the plague of two sets of mission files for user made maps, and the fact I have to edit every single mission I have already and change it to the supercarrier which is no small task. I would simply like the Stennis to appear as an SC if I own it, otherwise it doesn't whichout having to modify 30+ mission files.

I would simply like the Stennis to appear as an SC if I own it, otherwise it doesn't whichout having to modify 30+ mission files.

In that case say that first time around. Your original comment didn't even come close to that.

It's an integration issue for you not a business model issue.

Unfortunately, as DCS is an ever evolving piece of software with no real fixed end point like most games, this is the kind of thing you have to deal with.

However, once you have finally changed all those missions to feature the SC then that's it done and you won't have to do it again. So more just a minor inconvenience (to you) than a community dividing decision really.... :(

Edited by Bagpipe

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to use the super carrier you need to own it, it is that simple.

Should say

"if you want to use or see the supercarrier in all its glory you need to own it, it is that simple."

so not only usage, but also appearance is affected.

@Vanguard, yes, strongly agree with your opinion.

• ED Team

Crew can only be seen if you own the super carrier.

I have passed on your feed back to the team.

Thanks