2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

• ED Team
I wonder if we'll be able to use the LJDAM on the Hornet and Viper eventually?

No, sorry.

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That APKWS though... I hope Razbam will take that over to their Harrier since they initially said they'd add it if they manage to code it. Now they'd just have to wait for ED's implementation of that one. And the KW will have it as well dealwithit.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

• ED Team
That’s a shame but any chance of an actual update on Hornets progress along its 2020 roadmap? Two newsletters and not a word on Hornet.

We can not fit everything into one newsletter so we focus on the news we want to share at the time.

Work is continuing on the hornet, we will share progress news soon, same for the viper which has two new devs working on the project.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

That’s a shame but any chance of an actual update on Hornets progress along its 2020 roadmap? Two newsletters and not a word on Hornet.

You really can't see how they're spreading the news around and not everything all at once?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

You really can't see how they're spreading the news around and not everything all at once?

No, not really. 2020 is (thankfully!) passing rapidly and it would be nice to have some news about the highly anticipated Hornet 2020 features.

There’s always going to be ‘new’ news to share with all the upcoming modules and features.

same for the viper which has two new devs working on the project.

Excellent! :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Goodness!

Just looking at those development screen shot for A-10C II.

The Scorpion Helmet Mounted Cueing System coming to the A-10C II is looking really high-tech. The Targeting Pod projection window would be first of its kind in dcs.

Would the HMCS for Hornet and Viper have similar feature like the targeting pod projection WINDOW when the ground attack mode gets implemented?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Were can I find the newsletters? For some reason I don't get the emails anymore.

There is always a link in the email to a webpage, but I can't find a way to find the latest newsletters.

Also tried to do a new subscription but that didn't help. Neither did I get the confirmation email.

And no, they are not in the junk/spam folder. Other mails from noreply@digitalcombatsimulator.com goes through without any issues...

What does it mean

Bigger and Joined map planned, maps for military clients

???

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

For long term, ED plans to have bigger maps or even join some together, since the question was if it was possible to have maps like Normandy and The Channel combined in the future. Wags already hinted at that like 2 years ago in an interview. And ED is going to create maps bases on what military customers ask them to do.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Thank you ED for todays newsletter! Very good stuff in there, keep up the good work. :thumbup:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4446619&postcount=265

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Dynamic Campaign Engine For DCS World

I am not sure why I thought it would be part of the core game.

The module then, hm... interesting. Can't wait to learn more of it.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I am not sure why I thought it would be part of the core game.

The module then, hm... interesting. Can't wait to learn more of it.

I also thought the same thing. That the dynamic campaign would be part of the game and not a paid module.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

It is interesting how people read things differently. For me i can't read stuff like paid module in that newsletter, only that they have the whole RTS system "finished"(aka working like intended) and now have strapped it to DCS core to see if it's still working like intended. Like in get the code right and include it in DCS "spaghetti code" to see if it still works or if it is not working than you don't have to scratch your head if it's something in your RTS code or the old DCS code messing around with you.

Would it make sense to make it a paid module? I would say yes, depends on the price ofcourse.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I also thought the same thing. That the dynamic campaign would be part of the game and not a paid module.

Are you kidding me, surely they aren't going to make it a paid module... :doh:

Would it make sense to make it a paid module? I would say yes, depends on the price ofcourse.

This kind of thing should be available by default, making every new feature feel like a money grab just makes it harder for new comers.

I really hope it isn't the case!

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

This kind of thing should be available by default, making every new feature feel like a money grab just makes it harder for new comers.

I'd pay $75 for a working dynamic campaign engine. I'm WAY more interested in this aspect of the sim than another aircraft or map module.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

It clearly represents a lot of work, that means man-hours and that means costs. Money has to come from somewhere.

Christ from what I read the Falcon 4.0 DC engine was a money-pit for Microprose.

And not everyone is interested in DC (not me by the way!).

If I had to pay, and I felt the cost was reasonable, I would.

I'd pay $75 for a working dynamic campaign engine. I'm WAY more interested in this aspect of the sim than another aircraft or map module.

Well congratulations, I am sure many here would buy it.... great for ED up to a point... however it becomes irrelevant if it becomes another item to buy on an already steep asking price for newcomers.

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

From reading the update, I got the impression they just meant to say 'component'.

Having said that, I think they would be crazy not to sell the dynamic campaign module as an add-on to the base game. It makes perfect sense, IMHO.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

It is interesting how people read things differently. For me i can't read stuff like paid module in that newsletter, only that they have the whole RTS system "finished"(aka working like intended) and now have strapped it to DCS core to see if it's still working like intended. Like in get the code right and include it in DCS "spaghetti code" to see if it still works or if it is not working than you don't have to scratch your head if it's something in your RTS code or the old DCS code messing around with you.

I also read nothing about paying for it and agree with what you say in its entirety.

I also say that the cash earned from sales of the dynamic campaign would hopefully drive its future development.

but would the dynamic Campaign also be a massive sales boost to all modules if everyone had it for free and were able to play SP or MP?

It will be interesting to see EDs choice with this one.

Oh yes and let us not forget:

YES!

A Dynamic Campaign!

SWEEEET!:D

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.