Pilot helmet/head shadow

Ziptie

Any update on this? Putting in wish list - as it was previously reported as “reported.” Many moths ago now. Would LOOOOOOOOOVE to get this immersion layer back.

Original thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4015603#post4015603

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

It's already in game from f1

The head shadow that follows your head movements? It's certainly not in the game for me, since many months now. Can you post a video?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Inside the cockpit, you used to be able to see the shadow of the pilots helmet/head moving. It is no longer there, has been MIA for several months now, many patches/hotfixes ago. A moderator mentioned it was removed - but no word on when it might make an appearance again.

Yes, I am aware that it moves in terms of the shadow on the ground, but not within the cockpit. Just flew today with all shadows on High and Default respectively - then variations including flat in both categories, and combinations of all types. No joy.

Also, you YouTube video almost made me lose my dinner... :helpsmilie: But valiant effort.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Between 4:18-4:30 seconds, you can clearly see the shadow of the pilot's helmet being cast upon the UFC scratchpad area. Don't remember when I had made this video - but easy reference of what I am speaking about....

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

Still wish for this to be put back into the game - as it was already there once.

PLEASE ED! Please put this feature back into our Hornet.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

• 1 month later...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump!

Please ED, reimplement this. It was in once, worked a treat and didn’t have any negative impacts. Then removed with no mention, of reason nor reintroduction. Pretty please? Cherry on top.

Cheers,

Don

@BigNewy , @NineLine - any further info on this feature? We spoke via PM some time ago - hoping that it just was forgotten and could be reimplemented, as it was already implemented previously and then was removed.....

Cheers,

Don

• 2 weeks later...

+1

Sometimes it is really hard to read the DDIs due to the sun. So it would be very nice if we could use our headmovement to get in the way of the sun for better readability.

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

• 3 months later...