SD10 performance

Pikey

First. Is there any official source on this?

Has the SD-10 been deliberately "downgraded" because it did perform as IRL data?

If so, that means that tomorrow I might be paying 70$ for a sim module that has been balanced out for multiplayer "gameplay" purposes.

I did watch a JF-17 stream the other day and the SD-10 looked really good. The way most simmers expect a modern BVR missile to behave. I hope that accurate data has not been tinkered with to please an audience who does not even fly JF-17. In multiplayer or singleplayer.

The way I see it. Its better to make accurate AIM-120 than make SD-10 inaccurate :huh:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...

If this is all true and "nerfing" is something ED is doing (can't believe I am saying the word "nerf" in a simulation forum), then ED has lost all credibility and respect.

ED...is DCS an arcade game or a simulation of real world aircraft and weapons?

Weapons should be modeled as close as possible to real life considering available data, and not tweaked because one has an advantage over another in the real world...and not tweaked because ED can't get their act together and finally fix missile performance in DCS.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I really wasn't expecting this sort of outcome...it's hard to believe that this is true and if it is, it is really disconcerning and sad. I'm really dissapointed by ED because I dissmised this option of nerfing right from the start and was convinced in EDs integrity regarding this matter...guess I was wrong.

Because of the controversy, dis decided to weaken part of the performance of SD10 at the request of ED.

If that is is true, ED is lobbying a 3rd party to meet unreal standards based on complains from random people, not in facts or data. This is a real bad news for past, present and future business partners.

I clearly wouldn't invest my money on companies that lobby their partners for some dark objectives.

By that i really want a official ED explain about this and data that support the new missile behavior.

• ED Team
First. Is there any official source on this?

Nothing official here, Kaoqumba isn't with Deka, I will ask about the missiles or Deka will respond, we don't nerf or balance, but we do require real-world proof, and as we all know, missiles are needing and getting an overhaul. So let's not jump to too many conclusions please, thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Nothing official here, Kaoqumba isn't with Deka, I will ask about the missiles or Deka will respond, we don't nerf or balance, but we do require real-world proof, and as we all know, missiles are needing and getting an overhaul. So let's not jump to too many conclusions please, thanks.

Ok good false alarm then?

Hello! Because of the controversy, dis decided to weaken part of the performance of SD10 at the request of ED. At the same time, dis may assist ed to develop a new missile API. Unfortunately, we still have to wait for a while before we can experience real beyond visual range air combat:(

You want to see a real bvr match. First you will not see it because it is BVR "beyond visual range air combat". Finally you are fighting against 120c5 early 2000 with 55km. Currently the F16 / 18 rolls 120 d (more than 110km estimated because it is classified) 110 km is more than the range of the Jf17 radar. So realize one thing, ED is helping you. And no it's not going to be very real.

Hello! Because of the controversy, dis decided to weaken part of the performance of SD10 at the request of ED. At the same time, dis may assist ed to develop a new missile API. Unfortunately, we still have to wait for a while before we can experience real beyond visual range air combat:(

Got a source?

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

• ED Team
Ok good false alarm then?

Sounds like it, I haven't heard any issues about ED asking Deka to change their missiles, the only reason we would do that is like for anything, FM, weapons, sensors, if they don't match real-world workings and available sources.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I think everyone should take a glance at Nineline's post before they take the word of some random account as god.

This thread blew up over some guy who is certainly laughing himself senseless right now because people are so high-strung that they'll take one out-of-context post as being all the proof/evidence needed.

Sounds like it, I haven't heard any issues about ED asking Deka to change their missiles, the only reason we would do that is like for anything, FM, weapons, sensors, if they don't match real-world workings and available sources.

Thank you NineLine, appreciate the info

I think everyone should take a glance at Nineline's post before they take the word of some random account as god.

This thread blew up over some guy who is certainly laughing himself senseless right now because people are so high-strung that they'll take one out-of-context post as being all the proof/evidence needed.

Well, I was told gullible was written on my ceiling, how am I not supposed to look?!

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

To be honest, this whole kerfuffle over SD-10 performance could be solved by Deka providing the evidence they've got for its performance. Heatblur provided a fully referenced CFD paper to explain the performance of the missile they added. Deka haven't provided anything and there's no public information to compare to - the only bit out there is that interview from the designer (which may or may not be true) saying max range at 10km, 1.2 mach shot on a 1.2 mach closing undefending target should be 70km. From what little we've seen, the missile seems to be outperforming that.

And how in a proper simulator a pakistan copy of chinese copy of f-16 is superior to f-16 or 120 in this case ? No body ask for balance just for realistic differences between the aircraft we have in the sim. I doubt they have more reliable sources than ED, who are doing millitary projects as well. They all claim their sources are reliable and model accurate but some are wrong obviously.

2012-2020 era avionocs systems and weapons vs. 2007 era ones is the answer. I bet the JF17 is inferior to the f18 and f16 in several areas like WVR combat. Or total payload and kinematics.

I await your salty tears..

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

F-14, Christen Eagle, MiG-19, F-16, I-16, Fw-190 A-8, and now the JF-17. Record year. 2020 is going to have a tough time matching this, although the Kiowa Warrior and P-47 are a good start. I would love to see a bunch of aircraft exit Early Access, too - particularly the Tomcat, Hornet, Viper,and Razbam aircraft.

I mean, the CE2 is really nerfed if you think about it. At least give me a glock for AA combat or a brick or two for A/G. I mean no real fighter pilot would take to skies in a DCS CE2 without those.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yeah, Ill come to the defense of Kuqomba as well. He has access to chinese forums/text/whatever that not everyone else does... where some of the Deka team communicates. I can't say for the recent posts, but everything previously has been very accurate.

But I also imagine this situation is still developing so things may change.