Redkite : JF-17 Pre-Release Preview!

RedKite

I hope it has as much mission time as the harrier at least.

Having more than no mission time is pretty easy. Since RAZBAM altered the engine's power curve, the fuel flow of that great jet is through the roof at cruise settings. Waiting for the FF correction, until then the Harrier isn't of much use if you have to be at 120-150 FF min. to stay airbourne with some payloads.

The JF-17 seems to require very careful usage of it's AB though, much more than even the Tomcat.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Are you able to describe a bit in depth the bugs you encountered? or is it to early yet?

You see, so far this module is too good to be true LOL, so I want to be on my toes.

Edited by Baco
typos

Are you able to describe a bit in depth the bugs you encountered? or is it to early yet?

Sure! my favourite bug was firing rockets removed drag from the rocket pod, giving negative drag, and so letting you get up to warp speeds, best i managed was mach 6 before the plane disintegrated at about 160,000ft This has already been fixed sadly. :megalol:

Issues like TDC slew rate getting stuck (fixed) TDC cursor could escape and travel up to the hud, you can spot it happened in one of the bits on my impressions video (fixed)

My biggest gripe is the A2G radar flashing when TGP is also open in certain situations (known issue, that ED needs to resolve) copying an empty waypoint will lockup the waypoint system (fixed) Area track doesn't create a SPI (it should, probably fixed after ea release)

There's also various minor things like no brake pedal animations(due for fix before ea), the tgp has a few animation issues and can see through the back of pod (due for fix after ea)

The Ground Radar is work in progress, the DBS/EXP sub modes for example are not present yet, instead showing you a noise filter.

The developers have been absolutely great, talking with everyone who has review/preview access. Quickly fixing reported issues and discussing feedback. Really enjoyed being involved in this pre-release. They seem like great people, been very helpful for us producing videos/guides.

Edited by RedKite

Creator of DCS Tutorials and Flightsim content

https://www.youtube.com/user/RedKiteRender

That's great to hear, RedKite. Good stuff. I believe that Deka is on target to become another community darling like Heatblur already is. :thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Sure! my favourite bug was firing rockets removed drag from the rocket pod, giving negative drag, and so letting you get up to warp speeds, best i managed was mach 6 before the plane disintegrated at about 160,000ft This has already been fixed sadly. :megalol:

Too bad we can't experience that ourselves before the first hotfix... just for the fun this would have been great rdlaugh.png

Remembers me of the Hornet after dropping Mk. 83s and leaving the BRUs on - just that this gave a boost of about M0.2 which didn't really make that much of a difference anyway. ED fixed that, quite late though, but left the excessive drag of the LAU-115 pylons untouched, so if you wanna carry some Sparrows old school, cold war style, you're almost about to be overtaken by some Warthogs unless you keep your cans lit... and you can't even jett off that excessive drag at all. Just like the Tomcat with TALDs or those "rocket pod trees".

The developers have been absolutely great, talking with everyone who has review/preview access. Quickly fixing reported issues and discussing feedback. Really enjoyed being involved in this pre-release. They seem like great people, been very helpful for us producing videos/guides.

That sure sounds absolutely great! twilightsmile.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Outstanding video and very informative first look at this aircraft!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• uboats unpinned this topic