wing sweep keys not working

DLEGION

hello, i tried everything that comes to my mind, but i was not able to make the following Keys work:

"wing sweep aft" , "wing sweep forward" and "wing sweep auto".

i binded them to keyboard Keys, but they seems to do nothing both on auto and manual mode.

for people like me that use hatswitch to look around is already an immense pain, but have to look down everytime i wish to adjust my wing sweep is really not possible in dogfight!

i wish the key were working (i suppose just on manual mode), would be really helpful !

Did you:

1) Disengage emergency sweep? (drag the yellow handle all the way forwards and right click it so it depresses into it's slot)

2) Did you close the plastic cover?

3) Did you reset the CADC? (White button labeled 8 in this image http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/_images/fuel.png)

4) Do you have a CADC light on your warning panel?

If you've done all this you should only need to hit the "wing sweep auto" button.

but have to look down everytime i wish to adjust my wing sweep is really not possible in dogfight!

You don't mess with wing sweep in a dogfight! Just put it in Auto.

Test airborne in some Instant Action mission for starters. Make sure the flaps are retracted.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Also those keys don't move the lever. They are for the "Hat switch" on your throttle. The yellow lever is an Emergency lever. Push it all the way forward, push it in, close cover and press master reset button. Then use the switch on the throttle to command auto mode. And you should be good to go for most situations.

ahh maybe i got it wrong then.

lets say i want to manually control the wing sweep in a dogfight (so not being ablo to look down into the cockpit), what should i do to use 2 buttons for sweep forward and backward?

thanks!

Wing-sweep switch FWD and Wing-sweep switch AFT: http://www.heatblur.se/F-14Manual/cockpit.html#throttle

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

ahh maybe i got it wrong then.

lets say i want to manually control the wing sweep in a dogfight (so not being ablo to look down into the cockpit), what should i do to use 2 buttons for sweep forward and backward?

thanks!

Exactly as Quigon replied, refer to that part of the manual to see the switch position on the throttle. You will find the keybinds under "Throttle", recoment you use a 4 way hat as it is a 4 way swith IRL with 4 diferent positions, besides Fwd and Back, you also have Auto and Bomb mode.

As for using the wing sweep manualy in a Dogfight, really not recomended unless you had a malfunction. Besides you can't move the wings fwd at will, not past the Comanded "most fwd allowed" you can only move the aft of that.

On the other hand you have the manouver flaps (operated with the DLC shitch not the FLAPS LEver), that can be handy to manually control at times.

hm… no, seems i wasnt clear again. sorry i'm trying my best to explain myself, but english not my native Language, maybe its that the problem.

i try reformulate my simple question:

i binded on my keyboard "Z" key for wing sweep forward and "X" key for wing sweep aft.

i press them but nothing changes.

i already tried:

-placing wing lever (the Yellow one) in manual mode

-palcing wing lever (the Yellow one) in auto mode

-placing the wing lever cover open and closed.

-resetting switch

-different aircraft speeds

pressing Z and/or X never changed wing position.

the question itself: is it possible (and how) manually control the sweep of the wings WITHOUT looking down in the cockpit and using the Yellow lever with the mouse ?

thanks !

is it possible (and how) manually control the sweep of the wings WITHOUT looking down in the cockpit and using the Yellow lever with the mouse ?

Yes to both questions. Key bindings has been already given.

Since we don't know if it's your lack of knowledge of how it works and what does it require or just a language barrier I suggest you take some video or a short track with explanation of your actions. It's commonly used feature so most of us has it binded to our HOTAS somehow and it works as intended.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

thanks guys for your help.

i think its some kind of Language barrier…

here is a short video:

i can easily sweep the wing to a desired angle using the Yellow lever, but i cant with the Keys (wing seep forwar / wing sweep aft)!

my wish is to have Keys do that (instead of picking the Yellow handle with the mouse and move it) so i can do it without having to look into the cockpit.

sorry if i'm not clear, i'm trying my best !

thanks!

What I did was loading the Dogfight IA mission for Caucasus, go F2, and move the wings with the keyboard commands "Wing sweep aft" and "Wing sweep forward". Watch the track @latest Beta.

If that is not working for you - try to set other keys to check for crossbindings. Then maybe repair and clean DCS. Then redownload the module. Remove any mods you may have installed.

There's no binding to move the emergency wing sweep lever yet if that was what you wanted.

14sweep.trk

Edited by draconus

thanks guys for your help.

i think its some kind of Language barrier…

here is a short video:

i can easily sweep the wing to a desired angle using the Yellow lever, but i cant with the Keys (wing seep forwar / wing sweep aft)!

my wish is to have Keys do that (instead of picking the Yellow handle with the mouse and move it) so i can do it without having to look into the cockpit.

sorry if i'm not clear, i'm trying my best !

thanks!

Honestly that video shows nothing usefull because you are just using the yellow cockpit lever. We know that works. What I can tell you is if you want to use the Wing Sweep forward/back assignemts you have to keep that yellow lever pressed down and the cover closed. And you must also press the master reset button after you have done it.

There's no binding to move the emergency wing sweep lever yet if that was what you wanted.

ok, finally ! thats the exact thing i was looking for !

there's no binding for it, so i cant do that !

thanks guys !

to devs: i suggest to add that binds !

OK, but why? You don't touch the lever in flight unless emergency. You use the throttle switch!

thanks guys !

to devs: i suggest to add that binds !

Which language do you have? Maybe german? Sprichst du Deutsch? Maybe i can tell you in your native language. Ich könnte es dir dann auf Deutsch sagen.

I'm not going to bother any more, serious. This does not seem like a case of "I don't understand the language", because you seem to understand fine when it suits you. This seems more like a case of, "people are not telling me what I want to hear or what I assumed, so I'm just going to ignore them". Even though people have tried to tell you time and time again what you want to know, and how to achive what you want to do. But because it's not done how you think it should be done you ignore it.

I'm out!

What I got from this thread around post 4 was how can I pull some of "that pilot sh!t" by hitting the "brakes" "so he'll fly right by", because the CADC won't allow it in any mode and even if it did the Hydraulic Wing sweep screw is far too slow for that to work in real-life or the sim.

Edited by Chaogen

well, can be done with the handle, i dont see why not do with Keys!

For one last time. The Keys work, but they don't do the same as the handle. The Keys are bindings to the 4 way Hat swith on the throttle. They don't control the handle, the handle is not meant to be moved in flight except in an emergency.

Again the switch on the throtte (to which those keybinds belong to) will move the wings, but typicaly you will only be able to move them back (to 50 degrees max) and never forward of what the computer has determined (Max forward comanded position). Also this will only work if the yellow emergency handle is pressed down.