How does the SD-10 missile compare to the AIM-120C? - Page 23 - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 03:54 AM   #221
Terrorban

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJQCN101 View Post
I don't think we've been provided any evidence since release so it will unlikely be changed until new missile FM is available.

Then I suppose ED knows something that you guys are not aware of and they are talking to people about how there are some errors with the missile you guys developed.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...0c_is_correct/

TRAINED -LEARNING- UNTOUCHED
Old 12-13-2019, 03:58 AM   #222
LJQCN101
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorban View Post
Then I suppose ED knows something that you guys are not aware of and they are talking to people about how there are some errors with the missile you guys developed.

If ED knows something then they should talk to us directly.
Old 12-13-2019, 04:24 AM   #223
MobiSev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorban View Post

Quote:
If ED knows something then they should talk to us directly.
And who knows, maybe ED is incorrect...

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B
Old 12-13-2019, 04:37 AM   #224
LJQCN101
3rd Party Developer

I suggest that ED not spreading misinformation without confirmation from our side.
Old 12-13-2019, 06:38 AM   #225
metzger

May be ED is not allowed to model correct aim120c neither to say that it is not correct currently, as it is in active service in many countries and they don't want everyone to know their capabilities and how to dodge them ?
So they have no other options but to keep claiming it is correct as it is.

What really is beyond me is why 3rd parties and ED do not coordinate beforehand when it os clear that weapons models should follow the same standard.

Or may be ED are experienced enough to know what they do talk about have really valid reason for doing it.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2019, 06:49 AM   #226
Jester2138

Seems more likely that the issue stems from the -120 using parameters and a flight model developed for Flaming Cliffs ages ago with no update since then to bring it in line with the hugely increased standard of fidelity that exists in the game now, combined with ED's typical refusal to admit they're wrong about something until there's massive blowback from the community over it.
Old 12-13-2019, 07:34 AM   #227
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
I suggest that ED not spreading misinformation without confirmation from our side.
ED isn't spreading any misinformation, if you read on I say I don't know what is going on and that it's between you guys and the Team members responsible. No need to turn it into he said she said, we are all wanting the same thing, the most accurate simulation possible.

The suggestion was we tune the AIM-120 based on the SD-10, which I am sure doesn't make sense to someone doing the FM on these things.

EDIT: ALso after talking with uboats, the only issue I had known about was already fixed at launch. I don't know any other issues currently.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**

Last edited by NineLine; 12-13-2019 at 08:11 AM.
Old 12-13-2019, 08:30 AM   #228
falcon_120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTharos View Post
The new missile FM looks like much more capable of dealing with Chizh's objections to the CFD. The previous FM is not capable of representing the drag curve as well as the new, often resulting in an inability to tune both low and high to something reasonable together.
I'm curious about this GGTharos, what is the context of this new FM you are describing? Haven't heard any of it in any newsletter or post.

I knew the aim7 was tuned and revisited but I thought it was a thing of revisiting drag values and navigation logic rather than introducing a new FM. Is this it?
Old 12-13-2019, 08:51 AM   #229
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Hi guys,
thanks for participating the discussion.
now the discussion seems to be OT
so let's calm down and wait for ED updating their new AAM api
then, we can continue to discuss.

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
Closed Thread