VKB Tomcat Grip Entering Production - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 07:57 AM   #31
Milou

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzU View Post
I like the grip and would sway me into buying the Tomcat. However, I need the base too and they're never in stock. Like right now as an example.
VKB Europe customer services answered my question about this yesterday: the first batch of F-14 grips are being sold to existing customers that already have a VKB base. Partially this is to prioritise existing customers, but also they have almost run out of Gunfighter 2 bases and they have not completed the Gunfighter 3 base yet so they are waiting to sell GF3 in combination with F-14 grips to new customers.

The estimate (not promise) was that GF3 base + F14 grip would be ready to be sold in Feb 2020. (Then I imagine there would be a little Asia to EU transport delay).

So if that is too long to wait, fair enough. But I already decided that I am OK to wait.
Intel i7-7800X @4.8GHz, EVGA X299 Dark, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti, 2x Samsung NVMe 970 Evo 2TB, Gunmetal Caselabs SMA8/A , twin custom watercooled loops (Hardware Labs 480 and 560 radiators, Noctua NF-A12x25 fans, Aquaero 6 XT controller, Bitpower fittings). Virpil WarBRD base with T/M Warthog grip, Slaw Viper RX.
Milou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:55 PM   #32
BuzzU

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-04-2019, 10:47 PM   #33
KWard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhunter View Post
Are there any talks about a throttle unit replica as well? I'd buy it but only with a fitting F-14 throttle with AB detents.
I can't find it again, which is very frustrating, but I could have sworn I saw a statement in the VKB forums a couple weeks ago that if the F-14 grip sells well, they would do an equally accurate F-14 throttle.
KWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:51 PM   #34
gizomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milou View Post
VKB Europe customer services answered my question about this yesterday: the first batch of F-14 grips are being sold to existing customers that already have a VKB base. Partially this is to prioritise existing customers, but also they have almost run out of Gunfighter 2 bases and they have not completed the Gunfighter 3 base yet so they are waiting to sell GF3 in combination with F-14 grips to new customers.

The estimate (not promise) was that GF3 base + F14 grip would be ready to be sold in Feb 2020. (Then I imagine there would be a little Asia to EU transport delay).

So if that is too long to wait, fair enough. But I already decided that I am OK to wait.
Greetings Milou...

I see that VKB Europe works better than VKB America.

I have years wanting to buy their products but I have not been able to because they use Stripe to pay, unfortunately Stripe does not support my country.

I was in contact with VKB America support, but they didn't solve my problem.

I see that VKB Europe also accepts PayPal which would be my means of payment, but VKB America does not accept it.

I wanted to buy it in Europe but shipping is very expensive ...

I have not been able to buy the Gunfighter Pro Mk.II from the first moment they started selling them, also now I want to buy the Gunfighter Mk.III 'F-14 Combat Edition', at the time of its departure, but I see with sadness that I am not going to be able to acquire
gizomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 04:11 PM   #35
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizomat View Post
Greetings Milou...

I see that VKB Europe works better than VKB America.

I have years wanting to buy their products but I have not been able to because they use Stripe to pay, unfortunately Stripe does not support my country.

I was in contact with VKB America support, but they didn't solve my problem.

I see that VKB Europe also accepts PayPal which would be my means of payment, but VKB America does not accept it.

I wanted to buy it in Europe but shipping is very expensive ...

I have not been able to buy the Gunfighter Pro Mk.II from the first moment they started selling them, also now I want to buy the Gunfighter Mk.III 'F-14 Combat Edition', at the time of its departure, but I see with sadness that I am not going to be able to acquire
Ahem, as you know - VKBcontrollers only serves the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. You should know because I replied to you. I also provided the email info for you to contact VKB directly to purchase from them instead. Have you done this?

This information is also readily available from the "Where to Buy?" link for everyone to see. Lastly, the reason we dumped PayPal can be found in the FAQ.

Thanks.

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)

Last edited by rrohde; 12-05-2019 at 04:16 PM.
rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:47 PM   #36
gizomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohde View Post
Ahem, as you know - VKBcontrollers only serves the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia. You should know because I replied to you. I also provided the email info for you to contact VKB directly to purchase from them instead. Have you done this?

This information is also readily available from the "Where to Buy?" link for everyone to see. Lastly, the reason we dumped PayPal can be found in the FAQ.

Thanks.
First of all greetings rrohde.

If I remember when you kindly provided me with information about my problem, remember to explain that I am making the purchase in my home country and the shipment would be for the US.

I read FAQ why VKB does not want PayPal services and I understand it.

Now as for the email you provided me, I contacted a very kind girl and she gave me an address from the Aliexpress store, but they also do not accept PayPal with their products specifically and due to the limitations imposed by the government From my country, this store does not accept credit or debit cards from my country.

When I explained to the girl, she very kindly told me that nothing could be done ...

I see strangely that on the VKB Europe website they accept payments with PayPal, but buying their components in Europe the freight is very high for the US and even more for my country.

I didn't want to be rude, but for everything there is always a solution

Last edited by gizomat; 12-05-2019 at 09:55 PM.
gizomat is offline   Reply With Quote