NS430 / Flashlight Lens Color / Conflict?

User error - binding conflict. Sorry for the wild goose chase!

:joystick: :pilotfly:

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Hi All...

So ED has included a green filter for the flashlight (been there all along?), which I think is really cool (red pls), so thanks to them for that...

Anyhow, I bound a button to the command to change between green and white, but when I use it I get a dialog box opening up that says "NS430". I don't have any buttons bound for the NS430 and the flashlight does not cycle the colors...just stays white. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

:joystick: :pilotfly:

Change the bind to a non conflicting button.

There are no buttons bound for the NS430

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

You obviously chose a keybind for the filter that is associated with the ns430. NS 430 keybind to pull up the gps is system wide. So, change the key bind for the filter if you want it to work. There’s nothing else to say about it. Or you can find the corresponding ns430 bind and delete it. Those are your 2 options.

As I have said in my OP, there are no commands bound to for the NS430 to the device I am using to change the flashlight filter from white to green. The button to change the filter is on a button device I use. That particular button on that particular device is not associated with any NS430 functions. Does my dilemma make more sense?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

Same answer. The button on the controller is bound to a keyboard command. That keyboard command is dual bound to the filter and to the ns430 General command. You have to change the key command to something else. No way around it. It how bindings work. You can keep the controller button, you have to change the bind. It’s not rocket science. You’re not going to get a different answer. If one function triggers 2 actions, one has to change. I can’t figure out how to explain it any simpler than that.

Perhaps I am not clear enough - I have a button box. One button on that device is to change the lens color. Pressing that button does not change the lens color, but it does make the "NS430" popup happen.

That same device and same button is not bound to any NS430 command.

I am not using a keyboard to do this, it is a button box, a computer gaming device.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

OMG. Unless the binding in question is an axis, which it is not, it is a KEYBIND. The game sees axis commands and KEYBOARD COMMANDS. That button on your button box is bound to control a function. Have ever looked at the control setup screen in DCS? You know how next to the trigger command it says spacebar and then has empty slots next to it to bind the trigger command to your HOTAS, or rudders, or Button box? When you assign the trigger command to your HOTAS trigger, guess what? When you pull the trigger on the HOTAS, the program sees it as you pressing the spacebar. The external controller emulates the corresponding KEYBOARD BINDING. Doesn’t see HOTAS trigger, it sees space bar. Even though you never told it to bind space bar. It’s there by default. You 100% have a double bind somewhere. It does not matter if you ever bound the NS430 to anything. It has default binds placed by the program. You can argue all you want. If you assigned the button box to change the filter command, and then it doesn’t work but triggers a different command, in this case, something that is doing something with the NS430 GPS module, that means that it is bound to that function. You have to find it and delete it. Your other option is to go to your saved games file, and delete the input devices folder. Then rebind every aircraft you have. I would choose the easy one of just finding the double bind. That’s it. You have all the info you need. I’m done with this conversation. Good luck. There is a reason no one else is chiming in. There isn’t anything else to be done.

User error - binding conflict. Sorry for the wild goose chase! For whatever reason that same button was bound to the NS430 on/off function.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare