Texture looks unreal

bin801

you made a good model and good aircraft

But the cockpit, through some video clip, looks unreal. compared with DCS' F-16 F-14 and F-18 and many others cockpits.

I guess it is because the texture you use. Texture for this cockpit is hard to show material feel.

why not use same textur type used for F-16 F-18 F-14.....there many DCS cockpits looks so real that can be compare with photo.

I don't know why and how, my guess is the texture type.

Hope you can improve it

Hi,

I don't know what you're interpreting here. bin801 sums it up. And his statement is clear and understandable: what you have seen so far from this module makes you want more. Only the textures in the cockpit look 'not beautiful'. Compared to the F-16, F-14,... which I personally see as well. But maybe something is still happening here. Let's wait and see.

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!

I don't really see a texture issue, the cockpit looks fine at normal zoom levels i.e. looking out of the cockpit.

Obviously zooming in on radios, switches, etc. reveals the texture/poly limits but users have different system specs and/or requirements i.e. good VR fps, etc.

v3Stw94.png

If the OP has noticed something in particular, perhaps he can highlight the problem (he should also remember the module is WIP, so the textures, etc. are not final).

I don't know why and how, my guess is the texture type.

I don't know what you mean, are you talking of material types / PBR as found in programs such as autocad, etc. ?

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

You know, not everything need to be pristine-perfect-amazing looking. They will probably improve it before release, but even if they don't, I'm very much fine with the way it looks already.

I am interested in the systems and flight characteristics first and foremost. If they are good, I can very much live with a "just ok" looking module, and I think it already looked better than just ok.

Just my 2 cents anyway.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

I know textures are important but on the long run you really stop to notice, flying the older textured huey and mi-8 doesn't bother me at all anymore, and the crazy nice textures on the tomcat and the viper are of course very nice but I don't even care anymore, that's not to say that Polychop shouldn't put in more work in their textures if it could be done but to my untrained eye they honestly seem totally fine (and even really good I think), what I am looking after though is the flight model and the systems, the reason why I don't care about the textures on the aforementioned aircraft is that I enjoy flying them so much and using their systems that textures, while nice, don't matter to me as much. The gazelle on the other hand has some issues and that's why I am scared for the OH-58, I wish them the best of luck of course.

Sorry for the off topic but yeah, the Oh58 is wip and isn't even released yet so don't worry about them for now, also, I don't know you, but I personally don't care about them while actually flying the module itself.

Full fidelity su27/mig29 ?

• 4 weeks later...
reply to replies:

I hope OH-58 cockpit could looks as good as F-16, F-14, F-18, UH-1, Mi-8 and M-21's cockpits

because they are photorealistic.

this is a hope and good will

You lost me on the UH-1 and Mi-8 (those two could really use an overhaul imho)

Maybe you could show us a screenshot of what you find unrealistic on the OH-58?

Most of us seem quite exited about what we've seen so far (even though the module is still in progress)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I'm pretty sure they have several subject matter experts (prior KW pilots and crew chiefs) that said the cockpit reminded them of being back in the bird and it looks great.

I'll take the SME's opinion over yours. Thanks.