Has Logitech quit HOTAS production...?

Amazon says a new X56 set will ship in "1 to 2 months..." but then offers an almost three week delivery guarantee, which is strange.

Ebay listings are the usual sketchy 'Logitech X56' but with pictures of the Saitek v.1 model - a buyer beware red flag if I've ever seen one.

Anyone know what's up...? I'm new and in need of a HOTAS but the Warthog is out of my reach ATM.

Edited by Shaky

I´d highly suggest not to purchase the X55/X56, you won´t be happy with it. I used the X-55 before i switched to the Warthog a year ago and i can tell you that it has significant quality issues. Ghosting, buttons stopped working, the software is crap, and more. And Logitech hasn´t solved any of these issues with the X-56. I´ve seen ppl owning both, the X-55 and 56 saying quality even got worse. If you´re low on budget i´d rather suggest getting the Thrustmaster T16000M+TWCS throttle and TFRP pedals. Should be about the same price as the X-56 (or even cheaper) but said to be way better quality. Anyways, the Warthogs price is only 90 bucks above the X-56 (at least over here), so if you´re sure to stay with DCS/flight sims it propably might be a good idea to save your money for 1 or 2 months more and get the Warthog... instead of purchasing a medium price HOTAS first and then switch to a high class HOTAS later

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Don't buy saitek, for low budget get the suggested T16000M.

Agreed. It feels VERY solid compared to anything I've owned from saitek and logitech in that price range. It's even better than a CH Products stick (although you lose a few buttons on the T16000M)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Let’s be clear. Warthog is medium price, Virpil/VKB/Winwing are high class.

Depends. I own both, TM and Virpil. If it´s for the base, Virpil is definately high class and superior to TM. If we are talking about grips, i rate TM equal to VKB and better than Virpil in quality and superior to both in terms of used materials. The Warthog grip is made from metal (even the trigger) while VKB and Virpil are plastic. I don´t care if they feel high class, they´re still plastic.

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Yep, the Virpil and VKB bases are far better than the Thrustmaster base, but the Thrustmaster grips are far better than the Virpil and VKB solutions, especially in terms of button response although VKB's buttons are better than Virpil's. I just wish Thrustmaster had more than the A-10 and F-18 grips.

My favorite buttons and hat switches are still the CH Products which are solid and "clicky", but that's where it kind of ends with them and CH has been in cruise control for over a decade now.

Unfortunately, they all have their trade-offs, but it works out pretty well when combining a Thrustmaster grip on a Virpil base.

Edited by zcaa0g

Unfortunately, they all have their trade-offs, but it works out pretty well when combining a Thrustmaster grip on a Virpil base.

Absolutely. The perfect HOTAS doesen´t exist ATM (can´t tell anything about WinWing, as they are pretty new on the market), so combining bases and grips from various manufactors is the best you can do. Another reason why i´d recommend to save a bit more money and go for a more versatile HOTAS with switchable grips. The Warthog is a solid entry to that section.

My favorite buttons and hat switches are still the CH Products which are solid and "clicky", but that's where it kind of ends with them and CH has been in cruise control for over a decade now.

CH quality control and customer service went downhill a decade ago, so that cruise control is apparently set to "who cares?".

The last CH stick I bought had so much slop in it that it was unusable. It appears they switched to a pot with a smaller diameter post, but made no change to the plastic connector, so you had to take up the slack before you got any input. It was bad enough that several videos and blog posts were made showing you how to take it apart to fix it. And it took a pretty much full disassembly.

I contacted CH about it, and basically was told it was my problem. I had to go through Amazon to do the return, they refused to even RMD it or even acknowledge the problem.

I used to be a big fan of CH back in the day, and back then, they deserved it, but I can no longer recommend CH at all.