Walk to my a/c

The_Pharoah

Yeah, being able to walk around and inspect your aircraft before jumping into it would be quite cool. Would definitely increase the immersion factor by a noticable amount.

But tbh this probably belongs in the DCS 2.5 wishlist thread, and not the Super Carrier one, as it's more of a general request.

Edited by Hummingbird

Yet another good question unanswered. This also brings up a similar question of how are we(users) going to get to the rooms that are going to be implemented later in EA? Will we be able to walk to them in the SuperCarrier or we're pressing a button on the keyboard and viola we're in the briefing room?

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I kind of suspect that the idea of ED putting a ready room in the new SC's is specifically so that you can walk from there to the deck and climb in your Hornet.

If it doesn't work that way, I will be at least mildly disappointed.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I'd love to be able to spawn at the island and walk to my a/c, do a walk around before climbing the ladder and jumping into the cockpit.

+1 for sure!

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I kind of suspect that the idea of ED putting a ready room in the new SC's is specifically so that you can walk from there to the deck and climb in your Hornet.

That would really be awesome!

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

• 3 weeks later...

They answered this in another post ( the developers).

They have NO PLAN to allow walking around on the flight deck or into and out of the ship.

One can probably be safe assuming that if you want to enter “ready room” you click a button that says enter ready room and poof, you are there.

Time to fly? Push button and poof you are in cockpit.

I get the whole immersive thing but to what end? I personally am the type that would prefer a hot start on the carrier but I know others like the checklist thing.

Regards

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.