What is the Yellow trigger below stick hand-rest

bin801

Question as title

In Manual Page 87, as Figure 69 control stick shows, there is a yellow colored, little finger trigger below stick's hand rest.

what is that for? what is the function?

is that operational in DCS?

I didn't find the answer in A-10 Manual or in DCS/Control setting/Hotas

Good question. I do see it there in photos of the real cockpit too. I have the TMWH stick and it includes a pinky lever where the yellow trigger is shown. It is non-functional in default bindings but I use it as a modifier so that if I’m holding it down I can assign a new function to all the switches. This doubles the amount of things I can do with the HOTAS.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

I'm not sure, but it doesn't look like a switch. Seems to be something like a safety guard making sure that the screw that holds the stick does not loosen accidentally (vibrations etc).

But maybe its just the button for the smarties dispenser;)

SAS Emergency Disconnect.

More info here, for example.

It is operational in DCS, but even with the TM Warthog it isn't bound by default. Then again, can't say I've ever found a need to use it, so if you have the TM Warthog, it's fine to use the paddle switch for something else IMO (plus, the paddle switch is in a different position anyway). :thumbup:

• 1 year later...
SAS Emergency Disconnect.

More info here, for example.

It is operational in DCS, but even with the TM Warthog it isn't bound by default. Then again, can't say I've ever found a need to use it, so if you have the TM Warthog, it's fine to use the paddle switch for something else IMO (plus, the paddle switch is in a different position anyway). :thumbup:

Thank you so much! helpful answer

and thanks to all replies