Jester can't lock 80% of the time?

Ricky_piano

I've tried searching the forum for answers on this, but recently (last 2 months or so) Jester can't seem to get a lock on anything 80% of the time. He would say "okay" or "roger" then lock for a split second and then loses lock "lost lock", "can't do that boss" etc, etc. We're a squad of 4 tomcats, we tried it at different aspects and altitudes and we get the same problem. He sometimes just won't lock and I'm talking of a range of 80 to 10Nm, we were above and below the targets in front and to the side. I tried turning off in the special tab "switch to PD-STT to P-STT when going WVR" didn't do anything. The only solution is getting in close (15nm) and using PAL. Is this a bug? Help please?

• 1 month later...
I've tried searching the forum for answers on this, but recently (last 2 months or so) Jester can't seem to get a lock on anything 80% of the time. He would say "okay" or "roger" then lock for a split second and then loses lock "lost lock", "can't do that boss" etc, etc. We're a squad of 4 tomcats, we tried it at different aspects and altitudes and we get the same problem. He sometimes just won't lock and I'm talking of a range of 80 to 10Nm, we were above and below the targets in front and to the side. I tried turning off in the special tab "switch to PD-STT to P-STT when going WVR" didn't do anything. The only solution is getting in close (15nm) and using PAL. Is this a bug? Help please?

That would be super really great! No really, just "something" would be nice. Even "read the manual" would work.

I DID find something... they talked about "call a wake up". They didn't actually say what that was, or how, just do it and it might work sometimes maybe. Possibly a command with VIACOM... still don't know WHAT it's doing though.

Locking datalink contacts doesn't usually work, if that's what you're trying to do. Otherwise it's usually because you're being notched.

Flying the DCS: F-14B from Heatblur Simulations with Carrier Strike Group 2 and the VF-154 Black Knights!

I also own: Ka-50 2, A-10C, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F-86F, CA, Mig-15bis, Mig-21bis, F/A-18C, L-39, F-5E, AV-8B, AJS-37, F-16C, Mig-19P, JF-17, C-101, and CEII

So Jester is an AI and unreliable RIO?

Well, I was thinking about getting into the "big bird" sometimes but I better learn a thing or two about it first...

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.