Please add the B-17 Flying Fortress

Damalio

Would be amazing if DCS/Eagle Dynamics can add the B-17 Flying Fortress. Can make it multiplayer for various crew positions. Even allow the various player to swap between positions within the aircraft if they aren't the pilot. Even allow copilot transfer of controls.

Let's see if we can get a twin engine with 2-crew first yeah?

At least having some players managed gunners. If HB managed to have such complex multicrew in the F-14 why not? Only issue that comes to mind is that we already have a very small player count per server, so MG slots sucking up more slots. I don't know, MP needs a loooooooot of love from ED before having a multicrewed B-17.

Edited by Al-Azraq

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

At least having some players managed gunners. If HB managed to have such complex multicrew in the F-14 why not? Only issue that comes to mind is that we already have a very small player count per server, so MG slots sucking up more slots. I don't know, MP needs a loooooooot of love from ED before having a multicrewed B-17.

Whole server in one plane :)

I think i can remember that ED said that that level of multi crew would be very very difficulty. It is big difference between 2 player multi crew than +10 multicrew.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• 5 weeks later...

There are currently no strategic aspects to DCS so there’s really no point in introducing a strategic asset.

Do you really want to drone along for an entire 8 hour sim session basically alone and helpless (unlikely you’d enjoy the relative benefit of the Combat Box formation) with the distinct possibility you’d get smoked by enemy fighters?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• 3 weeks later...

+1

For long time, I still fly the very old game call "Fortress B-17" in it , player can see interier structure and switch to different position. The game tech is low and poor at that era. But, till now, it is the only one F-17 in game can play different position. IL2 cliff of dover and switch to different position in HE111 JU87 though, but not B-17.

hope ED can make the best B-17 playable in FS world.