DCS Carrier Discussion

Airhunter

End of this month is very close :)

Next month.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

:(

PC: i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, RTX 2080 SUPER, Tir 5, Hotas Warthog Throttle, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VKB-SIM T-RUDDER PEDALS MK.IV. Modules : NEVADA, F-5E, M-2000C, BF-109K4, A-10C, FC3, P-51D, MIG-21BIS, MI-8MTV2, F-86F, FW-190D9, UH-1H, L-39, MIG-15BIS, AJS37, SPITFIRE-MKIX, AV8BNA, PERSIAN GULF, F/A-18C HORNET, YAK-52, KA-50, F-14,SA342, C-101, F-16, JF-17, Supercarrier,I-16,MIG-19P, P-47D,A-10C_II

I've certainly had my share of dumb arguments, but I did not and would not advocate a SP release if that meant MP as a whole would stop working simply because of an SP release. That would qualify as a great big game breaking bug.

Now if MP stopped working because people who were told not to use it MP went ahead and used it MP anyway.... well, that's why they put childproof caps on medicine containers and those little stickers on the hair dryer telling you not to use it in the shower.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Delaying gives me more time to build missions, hopefully SC integrates easy.

I've got one ready to go on release day :)

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Keep calm pilots let ED do their magic...

GIGABYE Z97P-D3 KINGSTON 16GB 1600MHZ INTEL I5-4690K OC 4.3GHZ

SSD SAMSUNG EVO 240 256GB / SSD CRUCIAL MX500 1TB / WESTERN BLACK 2TB

ASUS STRIX 970GTX 4GB SOUNDBLASTER Z-SERIES THUSTMASTER T16000M / TWCS

MODULES:

F-14 / UH-1 / A-10 / F-86 / KA-50 / MIG-21 / MI-8 / NEVADA / COMBINED ARMS

Where did they say it would be the end of next month?

in the 80 page thread of reiterated stuff some of us already get, but had to be explained 80 times over again of how dcs works.

which instead of having 80 pages of how i think dcs should work, if we could just get updates posted w/out the users it would be nice.

wouldn't blame anyone for not knowing whats going on, b/c who in their right mind would want to begin to read through that.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

While I don't agree with a lot of what Raytheon said, as he clearly doesn't understand the EA model ED uses. I find it interesting the response you gave. I struggle to find where any of that could be considered offensive. Clearly misinformed, yes, but not offensive. That misinformation is from two parts, 1. Raytheon himself not doing his homework on exactly what he was buying. 2. ED, and their communication issues. I'm not talking about production delays or bugs popping up. I think anyone can clearly understand those issues, current times not withstanding. I just talking communication in general. As someone above mentioned 175 some odd pages and NineLine is answering "detailed" questions over on Hoggit. Not here. Not on your own website. And a normal user had to be the one to transfer the post here. Why are we not seeing a problem here? And you wonder why people get upset or start making BS statements.

I'm not some doom and gloom guy here. I will still buy products from ED and 3rd party. I will still buy into EA. But you guys gotta get a handle on communication. People can hate on it if they want, but ED's process for the 15th was STONE COLD WRONG to wait until "release" day to give us any information about what was happening. I get working to the wire to try and get it released, but if you're still working 5 minutes before "release", and you ain't told nobody anything other than announcing an announcement, it's probably too late.

+1. Communication HAS to be better. They said that they will learn from what happened on 4/15 and it is now 4/27 with still, no "official" update. What is strange about this situation is not a lot of reasonable people are asking for a rushed release of a buggy product. They are asking to be in the loop as customers.

I too will continue to buy everything ED puts out. I also bought the Viggen to support HeatBlur and have never even opened the module. Most everyone here wants to support team ED.

Edited by Bloodhound57

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

...which instead of having 80 pages of how i think dcs should work, if we could just get updates posted w/out the users it would be nice...

I think that's what the mini-updates are for.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Where did they say it would be the end of next month?

Long story short, Kate gave an April-May/2020 time frame. They will see what the status' of the issues are around that time to see what they can do about a release.

The problem is people keep talking out of their ass and answering questions meant for the developers!

Edited by Mr. Big.”Biggs”

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

• ED Team
As someone above mentioned 175 some odd pages and NineLine is answering "detailed" questions over on Hoggit. Not here. Not on your own website. And a normal user had to be the one to transfer the post here. Why are we not seeing a problem here? And you wonder why people get upset or start making BS statements.

With all due respect, someone asked a question, and I gave an answer, I just happened to be on Skype with Nick at the time, it wasn't a statement or an announcement, it was me answering someone. I discussed a little bit longer there, then went and hung out with the family, had dinner and played a little Wolfenstein: The New Order, and went to bed, it was Saturday (I think) after all.

I spend a lot of time here, on Hoggit, on Discord, on FB, on Steam, etc. I try to answer as much as I can when I can, where I can, that happened to be the perfect storm, and I happened to answer that user's question. No one place is any less deserving of a question being answered, Hoggit has a huge user base after all, and honestly, the person I was answering was asking the same questions here about the same time and I was confident in the thought he would share here as well, and he did.

I still feel we are one of the best in the business when it comes to talking and communicating with users, and I am not the only one available here or anywhere else to answer questions.

Why hasn't there been a big update about the issue, because it's still in active development and testing, I am sure something more official will come when they are more satisfied with it.\

Thanks guys.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Every sim/games forum it is the same thing = lack of communication. Be it a racing sim, flight sim, first person shooter and so on. Doesn’t matter the size of organisation, the communication is “terrible”

That isn’t whataboutism - the others are bad so it is ok here - it is an observation on sim/games communities everywhere.

Having worked in corporate IT the expectations in the gaming world for detailed information, timescales for updates and the sheer analysis of the product, way of working and every word uttered from staff seem insatiable. Notwithstanding the ability to be blunt and rude that wouldn’t be tolerated between employees in a corporate world.

That isn’t to say it is a bad thing, the level of enthusiasm and sheer effort that goes in to micro analysing the product must surely pay dividends in terms of feedback even if their appears an insane amount of white noise to sift through to get it.

One big developer, accused of poor communication, said that the best feedback is when customers discuss as if the developer isn’t there, as once they enter the discussion, expectations can change and instead of being an open debate it becomes a recorded statement of intention “such and said on such a date that they would add this feature” when it was simply an idea being floated.

My experience goes all the way back to Usenet and I recall an enthusiastic Microsoft employee engaging a race sim community about Cart Precision Racing (20 odd years ago!). He had a young baby so was up all hours and posting on the forums. I watched as his enthusiasm for the community was sucked from him to the point he threw the towel in. I have seen it ever since and community managers need to have the thickest skin.

The shame is that there are many enthusiasts who want to have an equal dialogue with the developers, not some angry customer/supplier relationship. It does happen but unfortunately the latter seems rife in every gaming and sim community out there and it is to each community’s loss IMHO.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

My experience goes all the way back to Usenet and I recall an enthusiastic Microsoft employee engaging a race sim community about Cart Precision Racing (20 odd years ago!). He had a young baby so was up all hours and posting on the forums. I watched as his enthusiasm for the community was sucked from him to the point he threw the towel in. I have seen it ever since and community managers need to have the thickest skin.

Good points, but things have changed - in particular, pre-sale and early access. Taking people's money then not communicating, especially if dates get missed, will damage confidence and make selling subsequent EA products much harder

Good points, but things have changed - in particular, pre-sale and early access. Taking people's money then not communicating, especially if dates get missed, will damage confidence and make selling subsequent EA products much harder
The funny thing is that Cart Precision Racing was a classic case of a boxed game shipped with a promise that it would be further developed through patches and was then abandoned. At least EA comes with some degree of caveat emptor.

In fairness to the community here it is a million times more mature than the typical games community. You only have to check out release (full not EA) weeks on their forums for true world ending stuff!

I would just love to see a more enthusiast to enthusiast discussion rather than the customer is king approach which is IMHO more appropriate for the kind of relationship someone might have with a faceless mobile provider but it seems impossible outside of closed alpha/beta groups. Just my naivety I guess!

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Nah it was the compression coil.

Flux Capacitor

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• ED Team

Hi all

Currently the team are working on the blocking issues, desync / FPS / CV deck wobble and others.

As soon as the team are happy we will let you know a date.

Thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Yes, that release Kate talks about considering (that you comment on in #1885) is exactly the one that was referred to! So now you agree that release would not break multiplayer?

Not what I meant. I said IF it would be just the SC not "working" in MP it would simply require a disclaimer about not using it in MP for now.

As they did NOT release and made clear there is more than that. (More or less confirmed later through the whole carriers getting messed up), I pointed out it would break the game.

The argument about the 70/30 percent decision being dumb was related to the fact that such a decision would open the road to future game breaking decisions. E.g. a fictional 80% of the customer base uses the Hornet and Viper, so it is ok to deliberately break the F-14B or F-86F, because only 20% uses them...? Or a patch released despite being aware it breaks Jet engine modeling, but only x amount plays modern stuff, the majority plays WWII Warbirds or vice versa.

It was NOT about releasing a SC that simply don't work in MP, but everyone could try it in SP and still fly MP only without the SC until fixed. That would have been great, but as I pointed out not an option, it seems.

And to be precise: It is the idea of deliberately splitting and agitating the community, with all the aforementioned implications NOT Beirut or any other Forum member or fellow DCS player or person.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

+1. Communication HAS to be better. They said that they will learn from what happened on 4/15 and it is now 4/27 with still, no "official" update. What is strange about this situation is not a lot of reasonable people are asking for a rushed release of a buggy product. They are asking to be in the loop as customers.

I too will continue to buy everything ED puts out. I also bought the Viggen to support HeatBlur and have never even opened the module. Most everyone here wants to support team ED.

I am sure everybody would love to see the developers dedicating 2-3 hours of their daily worktime to reporting their work results and status here on the forum, every day to keep us informed, instead of getting said work done?!

ED put forum managers to keep us informed of progress, WHEN there is progress or at least any reliable change in status.

Wags informs us regularly, shows progress videos and new features bin development.

Even Kate herself dedicated at least 2 Workdays (!) worth of her time to inform and openly discuss with the community.

What kind of "more" communication would you expect from a business?

...and about the official update, what do you perceive as more "official" than Kate (the Boss of Eagle Dynamics!) Infos here?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I am sure everybody would love to see the developers dedicating 2-3 hours of their daily worktime to reporting their work results and status here on the forum, every day to keep us informed, instead of getting said work done?!

ED put forum managers to keep us informed of progress, WHEN there is progress or at least any reliable change in status.

Wags informs us regularly, shows progress videos and new features bin development.

Even Kate herself dedicated at least 2 Workdays (!) worth of her time to inform and openly discuss with the community.

...and about the official update, what do you perceive as more "official" than Kate (the Boss of Eagle Dynamics!) Infos here?

nailed it

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

Straw man argument. Nowhere was a requirement for devs to spend hours on these forums mentioned in that post. Besides, that's not a dev job anyway.

There wouldn't be these constant requests for info if the salient points were put in a sticky for people to easily find. That wouldn't take much time at all to do.

MAC, being a separate product, does not impact DCS feature releases as long as there is another team doing it. Although if the Kuz team is busy with MAC then the above could be true as well.

Can't wait!

Nailed what? Who the hell is asking for that? How about a sentence. Nobody needs a page and half full of updates. The community also does not need huge development updates, full of information that is irrelevant. God bless you if you believe that all of that "news" on 4/15 was planned for the day of the Super Carrier release. That's what the mini-updates are for. Look at the date of the last one.

So yes, communication has to be better, and they already have admitted that they messed up and will improve.

Steve

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

So yes, communication has to be better

... or else?

Quite honestly, nothing wrong with waiting patiently like normal people would without constantly asking for some form of communication. We already know what's coming, the only thing left for us - the community - is to wait for it.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com