S-3 Viking

Devil 505

However, As a member of the Black Sheep, when are we gonna get our F-4U's with Carriers?!!! ;-)

Vidar

Hi Vidar, you can see Black Sheeps in the future (2018-2019)

http://leatherneck-sim.com/magnitude3-new-years-update/

Meanwhile great quantity of sonar performance and another info has classified. The sonar theory and sound propagation can used to build a "basic" sound system aka "Dangerous Waters", surely someone as that old Sonarlist simulator or the old Mbot ASW Training course, can build someone interesting (The old S-3 pilot manual has available on internet, but missing the sonobouys processor and weapons delivery)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I also hope include ASW into DCS

Vikings and later capability similar to Janes' 688 or Janes' dangerous water

that will be real Digital Combat Simulation

I'm a serious virtual pilot from FS4 to FSX and from Flank1.0 to DCS

I also play other simulators, so Please combine them in future that will be my dream. Hope it come true in someday.

• 4 weeks later...

I served in the Navy on the submarine USS DRUM (SSN 677), from 89-93. I was a helmsman and was battlestations helmsman, so I was in the control room during lots of missions and training exercises against other ships, subs, and ASW aircraft.

Several times we served as a target for ASW training missions. Every single time, we were asked to be in a certain area at a certain time, and to go a certain course and depth, and even then - they never actually found us. We had no fear of ASW operations, unless they knew right where we were - like if we were spotted visually first.

I can't imagine flying an S3 or P3 and trying to find a submarine that didn't want to be found. That would be a long boring flight.

I'd rather have the A/KA-6 before a new S-3

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

I agree, as DCS becomes more Navy centric, it would be great to have the supporting AI aircraft all be close to the same level. The Hawkeye looks great, it would be nice to have the Viking on the same level, especially since we get up close to the S-3 in flight refueling... and the Seahawk desperately needs an AI overhaul as well.

Module aside, we could really do with an updated AI/static Viking since the current asset is a real eyesore next to the Cat or Hornet and they were the primary recovery tankers after the KA-6 was retired.

attachment.php?attachmentid=147577&d=1472841510

I like the 14 and I like how they are making a carrier to go with it. I hope they make more planes or even helicopters to use off of that carrier. It could become kind of like an HB navy series. They have a 14. They can make an A-6 next. Then an S-3, maybe an HH-60 type helo and so on. It would be pretty neat.

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

A lot of AI models really need an upgrade.

This is something that could be hired out to a third party(ies), especially with so many 3D modelers trapped at home for the foreseeable future with the current situation and could use the extra income. There is no absolutely no reason ED couldn't contract this out if they wanted it be done.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"

At this point, you'll be better off buying a commercial 3D model of the S-3 and adding it as a mod. Much like the Military Aircraft Mod guys did. ED is content with their LOMAC era AI air assets. But hey, we've got cows...

At this point, you'll be better off buying a commercial 3D model of the S-3 and adding it as a mod. Much like the Military Aircraft Mod guys did. ED is content with their LOMAC era AI air assets. But hey, we've got cows...
We have cows?

Then ED will release their new S-3 with updated AAR physics.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

ED has plans to update S-60 and S-3, and ED has added some more as only Cows on the last times...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

In 2020 we will continue to update older DCS World units. We are currently developing the SA-5 surface-to-air missile and the SS-1 SCUD surface-to-surface missile (we still need to develop the Short-Range Ballistic Missile flight model), the S-3B Viking, and cows of course! There are other units we hope to revisit to like the B-52H, C-17A, Tu-95, and others.

Comercial model require rebuild 3D model, animations, lights, damage models, LODs, textures, bulid LUAs and more. That is not only "buy" a funny 3D model and put them into DCS.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

ED has plans to update S-60 and S-3, and ED has added some more as only Cows on the last times...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

Comercial model require rebuild 3D model, animations, lights, damage models, LODs, textures, bulid LUAs and more. That is not only "buy" a funny 3D model and put them into DCS.

ED has many "plans". So do I. Not all of them will come to light in this lifetime.

And I fully understand its not as easy as copy and paste in a new 3D model. But if people want it now, as we do interact with it frequently, then taking it upon themselves might be the quicker solution.

ED has many "plans". So do I. Not all of them will come to light in this lifetime.

And I fully understand its not as easy as copy and paste in a new 3D model. But if people want it now, as we do interact with it frequently, then taking it upon themselves might be the quicker solution.

Normally "professional" 3D models on TurboSkid and others has incompatible with DCS.... Can explain the Quicker solution?

Normally "professional" 3D models on TurboSkid and others has incompatible with DCS.... Can explain the Quicker solution?

The guys from the F/A-18E/F/G seem to have done ok. I'm not sure where their model came from, but it seems to have been compatible. Source a 3D model from the same author and go from there. Again, ED isnt saying its on their radar, so the community may need to step in as an interim. Look at the Military Aircraft Mod. Commercial off the shelf models and they seem to interact ok.

The guys from the F/A-18E/F/G seem to have done ok. I'm not sure where their model came from, but it seems to have been compatible. Source a 3D model from the same author and go from there. Again, ED isnt saying its on their radar, so the community may need to step in as an interim. Look at the Military Aircraft Mod. Commercial off the shelf models and they seem to interact ok.

Exactly. There are some very talented folks out there who are able to get it done if ED asked.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/64/58/ea6458e2d324aa68f5ac76922536c033.jpg

"Straighten up and fly right"