Walking in first person view

Devil 505

@Fri13...all good points there...maybe some day.

When combined arms first came out I manned some SAMs, (or other) in MP servers and shot down quite a few human pilots. They were not too happy about it but “all is fair in love and war” , Which was way too fun.

Edited by MegOhm_SD

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I just hope they add a ready 5 position so I can sit in a prepped non running bird for hours in anticipation looking around waiting for that callout that never comes. That would be immersive as hell and a total blast!

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I just hope they add a ready 5 position so I can sit in a prepped non running bird for hours in anticipation looking around waiting for that callout that never comes. That would be immersive as hell and a total blast!

You like straw men don't you Biggs?

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

You like straw men don't you Biggs?

Sorry. I think my problem is I read the forum via the “new posts” button so I see post after post of silliness intertwined with a really good nugget from time to time. After a while, it just gets old and heck, I’m new to this.l can’t imagine these guys that have to deal with it years on end. I should just walk away but between frustration and my sense of humor...

I just want to fly a friggen plane without stuttering or ghosting with other real humans. I can’t for the life of me understand the bandwidth wasted with frivolous crap. However, its frivolous crap in my world and I’m only one of many so I will continue to wish for a functional flight Sim, and if people want to walk around, I guess who am I...

regards

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

-1 IMHO not needed this is flight sim not RPG....

DCS has not a Flight sim, has a air, land, sea battlefield simulator

Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World) 2.5 is a free-to-play digital battlefield game.

And about "walking" some missing actually on CA, we have a Stinger and Sa-18 personal with walk capability. Expected ED can use the carrier crew technology to upgrade soldiers.

You really think so? Maybe not a first person view, but walking to the jet and getting in should be something ED should look into implementing, IMHO.

I too would like very much, really you can already take a walk after the expulsion, just push the cloche while you are standing on the ground, or it would be nice to be able to get into the passenger seat of a helicopter. Eh, Arma 3 is also a nice game :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]My dream: DCS Tornado

Don't worry, there will be a "SPRINT" binding too so you don't need to just walk to your plane....

:lol:

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

Hi

I don't think we have ever said you can walk from one station to another.

All announced feature's are here https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/supercarrier/

Thanks

Just curious, I read this on the most current planned road map. Is this something now being discussed. It clearly states walk to jets and walk around ship.

Capture.thumb.PNG.f2f7c30238c3197077f37d39b79ec41e.PNG

Just curious, I read this on the most current planned road map. Is this something now being discussed. It clearly states walk to jets and walk around ship.

It also states:

UNOFFICIAL Roadmap DCS (All subject to change and continuous update), (only official and 3rd Party products):

That compiled by news and ED forum post and Treads.

WARNING: Please, don't take that info at face value, some or all data can be erroneous. Release dates has only orientation.

DISCLAIMER: I´m not part or represent to Eagle Dynamics, partner, or a 3rd party, and not have nothing to do with DCS: World develop or updates.

ED, I apologize if this post causes confusion among the community, not my intention. And my bad English.

WARNING: Release date only have Tentative / Plans / Time Projections are best estimates, NO Deadlines or Promises and no Write on Stone.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Well played! LOL.

Draconus, I was not trying to be a smart ass. I realize that is an unofficial list, but lets be honest, you gents update it often with changes we are currently seeing in the sim. When we see "planned", I take that as a good possibility of it happening. Only reason I responded to this was because NIGNEWY said walking from station to station had never been mentioned. I just wanted to show him that I read that from the ED unofficial list of official and unofficial things being added to the sim.

+1 for walkability

I'd like an option to spawn a short distance from my aircraft on foot. For some, including me, that's part of the simulation that is missing.

Considering that presently one can eject and then and walk around the place, albeit slowly, I don't see why it would take too much effort to implement walkability as a prefix to flight.

The internal walking passages of an aircraft carrier might be a bit too much to hope for though.

I have said it many times, the future possibilities for accuracy and realism with DCS is looking great. They have unlimited room to expand on any unit you would find on any battlefield spanning every conflict. I am very excited about the Super Carrier. The briefing room is going to open an entire new level of social game play, especially for groups like the Grim Reapers. And the implementation of a CIC, Bridge, or Air Boss station will be beyond impressive. It reminds me of what I always dreamed of Janes Combat Simulations being when I was a kid. This is by far the best sim community I have ever been a part of. Never gets old and there is always hype about the future, regardless of what aircraft is your favorite.

...They have unlimited room to expand...

I don't know about that. I believe they are limited by hardware and software. I'm sure there are some things they want to do, but cannot do at this time because of the hardware/software limitations. No point in adding a bunch of rooms to the SC or a tank module(just an example) if the game performance suffers. However, I do agree, the future does look bright for DCS.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 1 year later...