do you like the Gaz or Huey - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-15-2018, 09:29 AM   #11
FragBum

Quote:
Originally Posted by desworks View Post
what about the rumours with the gazelle like "the crazy bugged flightmodel" etc.?
Whilst I am very open minded your reply seems to lack any detail merely pointing to 'rumours", I'd prefer to listen to what IRL pilots have to say even here on this forum and even those with considerable knowledge. Besides robust discussion should flesh out real problems that might be addressed rather then basing anything on simply opinion based hyperbola.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:42 PM   #12
desworks

'rumours' just cause i've heard it from old (2017) postings. just don't take it literally, might the wrong word was chosen from me
desworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 12:38 AM   #13
FragBum

Quote:
Originally Posted by desworks View Post
'rumours' just cause i've heard it from old (2017) postings. just don't take it literally, might the wrong word was chosen from me
I see perhaps a language difference, alright Ramsay 's post pretty much sets out the current state, My personal take is that whilst the Gazelles flight model is not perfect and to be fair there are discussions on pretty much every models FM which as I indicated if done in a respectful way can only be a good thing for DCS and the models available.

What I understand of flight is fairly limited so I depend on people with knowledge to explain the issues, show how this affect the FM and what the practical implications are. The publisher has in the past taken on issues raised and worked through them. For me the current state of the Gazelle is not a deal breaker and I understand this is a personal choice others may or may not agree.

BTW I was giving the Huey some love last night and about an hour into some practice I found myself taking off then swinging the Huey and flying backwards and proceeded to fly the circuit backwards (cause I can mostly, maybe I need ) only to find I exceeded EGT limits. Well first time since the changes to Huey EGT were implemented that I had broke one in this way*. Talk about bugs,..

*It's usually the normal method small object collides with large planet size object, planet size object wins.

So if you have links maybe start a new thread so we can see what these issues are.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote