JUST DOGFIGHT server thread - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #71
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kula66 View Post
* the F-15 slots in gunzo start with a very large amount of fuel - can this please be reduced?? Suggest 8000lb
James

Hi Kula !
I have opted for a fuel capacity that will give each plane a similar maneuverability; especially in the guns area. It does not mean I got it right, so I will check again and reduce it a bit.

Quote:
* Can the gunzo area, currently over a city, be moved to an area with less ground clutter??? Its hard on VR frame-rates and just makes keeping tally harder with all the stutters and tearing.
James
Very good point regarding the performance issue. It's the one thing that spoils it for me too. I am afraid there is no other area having runways so close together. Your solution is in your settings ! And hope that ED takes VR players seriously one day and fixes it. They were almost there before the deferred shading became a must. Have tried Kegety's mod for the VR shaders ?

Quote:
* Tacview support (exports) seems to have been disabled recently ... this is really useful for spotting errors and improving. Appreciate this takes bandwidth, but is very useful.

Thanks again for hosting a great server,
James
Tacview export should be on for the main server. The beta is bandwidth challenged so no can do. I will check that the main server has not exports turned off by mistake.

Cheers !

Last edited by Flighter; 12-09-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Flighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 10:08 AM   #72
Kula66

Thanks Flighter.
I just end up zooming around for a while to burn off the excess
Its definitely good news that Ed is going to be looking at improving VR ... its great, but with a few changes could be awesome! Not sure I land much ... I either get shot down or run out of fuel!
I think I was on the 'release' server yesterday - I didn't know there is a beta, but I'll check to make sure I'm not on the beta next time.
Thanks,
James
Old 12-10-2018, 05:39 PM   #73
aeroflux

Hi Flighter

would it be possible to add the Mig-15 and F-86 to the "AIR" slots?
I would like to use them on this server that I like but unfortunately they are available only "1vs1" and there is never anyone in this area ^^.

Thank you in advance for your answer and good evening!
aeroflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:06 PM   #74
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroflux View Post
Hi Flighter

would it be possible to add the Mig-15 and F-86 to the "AIR" slots?
I would like to use them on this server that I like but unfortunately they are available only "1vs1" and there is never anyone in this area ^^.

Thank you in advance for your answer and good evening!

Hi aeroflux.
That should be no problem. Will do on next map update.

The only reason I have them only in the guns area, is because they only have guns (?).
You will be a brave man among the F-18s and the Su's !
Cheers
Old 12-10-2018, 07:26 PM   #75
GGTharos
Veteran

You're looking for ~38000lbs GW. 8000lbs of fuel gives you more than that, but it's close enough. 10000lbs would be the maximum expected for such encounters, though as you can imagine it's all very contrived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flighter View Post
Hi Kula !
I have opted for a fuel capacity that will give each plane a similar maneuverability; especially in the guns area. It does not mean I got it right, so I will check again and reduce it a bit.

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #76
Kula66

Flighter,
Just had a fly and thanks for amending the fuel - my F-15 needs plenty of help against the new nimble little 29/2000/18s! Still not seeing anything on Tacview
Old 12-11-2018, 04:06 PM   #77
aeroflux

Quote:
Hi aeroflux.
That should be no problem. Will do on next map update.

The only reason I have them only in the guns area, is because they only have guns (?).
You will be a brave man among the F-18s and the Su's !
Cheers

thank youuuuu

F-86 has IR missiles (GAR ^^
aeroflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:57 PM   #78
jaguara5

Quote:
Hi there !
I really do not know if this is a good thing. Imagine a server showing 4 players and once you join you find no one to fight with. It'll be more like a private affair, something you could host in private and have a friend join.

Still I am not totally negative.

Jaguaras, please give me a suggestion as to what planes to have; not more that 3 or 4 for each side. I could make a test run on the beta server.
Plus it will be in the middle of nowhere, nowhere to land in case you want to test all weapons or rearm.

BTW It's always nice when I see you on line !

Best regards
Thanks! The purpose of the slot is pure dogfighting so no need to be close to an airport. As for aircraft I suggest hornet, mirage , f-15 , su-27 (so modern aircrafts, 2 full fidelity 2 fc3 - including a red one is a good compromise I think). Fingers crossed for the extra slot.
And again thanks for the best server out there !
jaguara5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #79
Flighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguara5 View Post
Thanks! The purpose of the slot is pure dogfighting so no need to be close to an airport. As for aircraft I suggest hornet, mirage , f-15 , su-27 (so modern aircrafts, 2 full fidelity 2 fc3 - including a red one is a good compromise I think). Fingers crossed for the extra slot.
And again thanks for the best server out there !

Hey there Jaguaras !
Thanks again for your time.
Please check out the beta server. There should be two 1v1 banks, namely 1 and 2. So players should join the pairs

1B and 1R (eg 1v1-1B-F15C against 1v1-1R-F15c)
or
2B and 2R (eg 1v1-2B-F15C against 1v1-2R-F15c)

The smaller server may have less lag and I may remove the other slots and just leave it for GUNS only and 1v1 slots.

No debugging whatsoever due to very limited time...
Let me know if all works.
Cheers
Old 12-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #80
stuart4544

Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for this server. As a Long term DCS user who is belatedly trying to get into multiplayer the Just Dogfighting server is the one place that’s allowed me my first successful access to some good multiplayer action. Its also shown me that my dogfighting skills aren’t as bad as I thought they might be. Now looking now to develop some flying relationships with fellow pilots so drop me a reply if you fancy meeting up for some coop or PvP sparing.

You will see me on the server as Rat Race and I am usually on the JD Teamspeak
stuart4544 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dogfight, jdf, just dogfight, server