FLIR NEW SYMBOLOGY BUG

med-taha

Considering AFAIK the US is the only major user of the ATFLIR, I assume the ATFLIR symbology will match USN Hornet videos better

Until we get the Malaysian draft export ATFLIR, with all sorts of strange wiggles and squiggles.....

Bring on ATFLIR.

Hi,

Just I found this video on YouTube.

Spanish F/A-18 M+:

Best regards,

falconbr

Good find.

this video really lets me guess if our f/a-18 is really a USN / USMC lot 20 hornet (around 2005) ... and lets me also wonder if we’ll get someday the CAS page etc...

Until we get the Malaysian draft export ATFLIR, with all sorts of strange wiggles and squiggles.....

Bring on ATFLIR.

Well said

Edited by med-taha

I wasn't expecting that. I've never seen that symbology before on a US hornet. Well, those videos don't show target coordinates and compass even when the pod points to a target. I guess we shouldn't expect those at this time.

I don't think I will ever use the LITENING if it really ends up being incapable of displaying the two features mentioned above. It makes me feel bad for the devs putting their time into it.

Yeah the litening was sold to us as very similar to atflir due them using a common hornet interface. Was that just words to placate the masses after they said atflir wouldnt be coming for some time?

It looks like despite everything that's been said, we are in fact getting a Spanish hornet, not a USMC/USN one.

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

Yeah the litening was sold to us as very similar to atflir due them using a common hornet interface. Was that just words to placate the masses after they said atflir wouldnt be coming for some time?

It looks like despite everything that's been said, we are in fact getting a Spanish hornet, not a USMC/USN one.

To be honest, why didn't we just get ATFLIR in the first place? It's not like it's anything special? For the amount of time it's taking to get Litening out the door, ATFLIR could have been done easily.

The whole 'improved FLIR' thing is hokum. Slap a ATFLIR interface on a pod image and people would have been happy. If it's the NAVFLIR HUD image holding things up, then that could have been left till later.

The whole thing is bizarre. I've now got a Spanish Hornet. When is the Gibraltar and Canary Islands map going into Early Access?

Indeed it seems like export features are on the table now, so let's ask for sniper pod And jassm.

and since it's not a 2005 USN/USMC Hornet anymore - can I have ASRAAM, Aim-9x Blk II, GBU-54, and JDAM-ER please and landbased ILS.

Only said in jest, but it's an odd experience.

It's too bad we won't be able to simulate Marine Corps hornets as well as we could have but I'm glad we got the Litening at all. One thing that stood out to me in the Bats cruise video was that the laser mav page (at least I think that's what it is) has big bold numbers showing the laser code, which AFAIK we don't have in game yet.