mission 6 borked

Hammer1-1

Ive tried it 5 times this evening trying to accomplish the mission. All sorts of triggers seem to be inop for some reason or other, but the game breaker is when it comes time to locate and destroy the mortart team. I know exactly where they are at. I can eliminate the mortar team, but no triggers occur after terminating them. One of the times, the Apache that was destroyed actually survived and destroyed the mortars itself before the mortar team trigger activated. Using latest 2.5.6 build.

Added a track.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s77ryl9mrcog5l4/HUH.trk?dl=0

Edited by Hammer1-1
added track

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

• 1 month later...
I have the same issue. Nothing happens after landing back on the farp after destroying the mortar team. Waiting indefinitely for the wounded to be loaded.

I'm on the latest open beta.

Hi,

I just flew it today. After I destroyed the Mortar team, the Major said to land on the same farp. I went there and landed on the same one. Nothing happened. I don’t know why I thought the trigger was set to another one. So I changed to the one on the SE corner of the FOB. It worked.

I got some wounded troops and took them to the hospital and the flew back to the FOB

Good luck,

Sydy

• 1 month later...

Just had the same problem as Hammer. I was told to orbit but my AI gunners had already engaged the mortar team. All hostiles were destroyed and I just kept orbitting, no further comms. Eventually I landed but, again, no result.

Running stable release.

I really don't envy you guys who have to keep these missions working every time an update breaks something.

Just tried it and it worked for me.

Could you please let me know if these steps worked for you?

1. Take out the mortars group >>> Get message to head to the FOB

2. Once you head there get the message to land on the FARP

3. Land on the FARP waiting to receive the next message

4. Next message appears

It doesnt matter if you land on another square but I am thinking if you face the same issue as some guys faces on Mission 1 (engine set to idle after landing). The engine has to be to idle and wait for some seconds.

Please let me know if that helps

Greg

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

373vFS DCS World squadron (Greece) - www.buddyspike.net

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

I havent flown this mission since I reported this bug in february, but I can give it another go soon.

Ive also noticed that every time Ive played this mission, when they report where the mortar team is they use a reciprocal heading instead of the actual heading.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Alright. Problem was between keyboard and chair!

Things move pretty fast in that mission and I simply missed the radio call about the second mortar team to the Northwest. I'm guessing the Hogs weren't up to the task and hence the trigger never fired. Mission worked much more as planned this time.

A smaller, less important bug though; the first comms I got was Dmitri telling me the cargo was hooked and I could go. No preamble and without a cargo hook request from me.

can you place a rough map as to where that mortar team was? The radio call I kept getting told me it was in the town on the opposite side of the FARP.

My wallpaper and skins

Hammer, I would have sent you a Tacview if I could figure out how.

One mortar team is on the hillside just south of the FARP. You can probably see them quite clearly. The other is WNW in an open area just north of the buildings. If you have difficulty locating them watch for your door gunners opening fire or the Hogs diving on them.

if you have tacview set to record after you hit play, it automatically generates a file in your user folder.documents.tacview folder. They are always small files, so you can just use the file uploader here. Doesnt matter anyways though. If both mortar teams are on the mountain, then they should be easy to find, but I keep getting messages saying they are on the opposite side of the FARP.

My wallpaper and skins

can you make that a little bigger?

My wallpaper and skins

Id forgotten I made this video playthrough a few years ago. Ill give it a redo sometime this afternoon.

My wallpaper and skins

• 1 month later...

I'm struggling with this mission at present.

At first I thought I had to prevent the initial attack, and took off as soon as enemies appeared, however destroying the initial two vehicles prevents the attack from starting and the mission progress stalls.

Next my door gunners won't fire. I'm a lousy shot while piloting and the chopper is overloaded weight-wise, so feels terrible to fly.

If I could get my door gunners to fire, I'd have a fighting chance at progressing this mission.

EDIT:

I managed to finish the mission. I swapped out the mini guns for M60s and the side gunners did fire them on occasion, despite my reasonably stable orbits. (I have used door gunners successfully many times.) With mini guns, the door gunners did not engage at all. I've noticed in all these 'old' missions and campaigns, my copilot never engages. Ironically I had to shut down the aircraft to change weapon load-out. I think this is the first mission where the aircraft started hot!

Also had trouble with navigation. The Kobuleti airbase has freq 490mhz, which appears to be select-able, yet points in the exact opposite direction. I spent a lot of time trying to find another frequency in case I was mis-reading the dial. Ended up flying by dead reckoning. I mean you can only click with the mouse a few times and you're out of freq range.

Additionally, the FM radio beacon did not appear to work at all. I couldn't find 40mhz or 44mhz signals. I have appreciated the ADF and FM navigation, as I'm a casual flyer, so being told frequencies to dial in and following the gauges is fairly straight forward.

Edited by DimSim

• 4 months later...