@DEVS topic suggestion

Bagpipe

Maybe a bit. Criticsm must still be allowed if it's valid and doesn't get personal. This is not the hippie flower wonder land after all ;)

Amen to that! Additionally, criticizing a statement must not be conflated with criticizing a person. There is a distinct difference between the two

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Additionally, criticizing a statement must not be conflated with criticizing a person. There is a distinct difference between the two

Exactly! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Interesting

When designing your new forum layout, could you incorporate a method of posting a question to ED which DOES NOT ALLOW other users to chip in with their tuppence worth?

This is an interesting idea actually but would need one MAJOR thing:

Developer's TIME to answer questions, and that I am sure is not the only thing.

There is a thread in Russian section - Questions to developers and ED devs are posting there, but only if the question is easy to answer (not too time-consuming / not generating controversy).

Maybe it is a good idea but it all depends on questions quality as well.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

This is an interesting idea actually but would need one MAJOR thing:

Developer's TIME to answer questions, and that I am sure is not the only thing.

That's one thing I thought about but didn't mention- it doesn't make business sense for Ed to have someone on the payroll answering questions that could be taken care of for free by other forum members

Secondly , that would quickly overwhelm Ed and other devs getting bogged down answering every question that comes along, when there are plenty of people on forum who are more than happy to help

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

That's one thing I thought about but didn't mention- it doesn't make business sense for Ed to have someone on the payroll answering questions that could be taken care of for free by other forum members

Secondly , that would quickly overwhelm Ed and other devs getting bogged down answering every question that comes along, when there are plenty of people on forum who are more than happy to help

But if that were the case then they would not offer the support tickets as pointed out to me earlier.

These guys are already working on the payroll, i believe my idea would enable them to work smarter but that is for ED to decide.

I see the point made above by ngreenaway and it's are not wrong but unfortunately the line is too thin as to what is deemed acceptable conduct and what is not therefor more often than not people are free to dish out quite personal ridicule and more often than not it is noobs that get it.

I have never heard of support tickets until now but i sure as hell had heard grumblings about the DCS forums before now and that should really change.

Keep the attitude for Hoggit threads and other harder to reach places i guess.

Only that support email is for asking technical questions if something is not working with the software and not asking developers this or that about product specific features or bugs etc.

Now, If a person wants to ask about how to perform a task in Hornet, manual first, Wags video second, if still unsure, trusted YT tutorial, then ask here if still no joy. In short - learn and research before asking. (don't be lazy, insta-result-seeking ignorant).

But if a person wants to ask, if a Mi-24 module will have retractable gear, it's only ED who can answer that, no community expert will know before ED shows / confirms.

Or if a Hog 2 will have JHMCS for instance. No matter how many experts are within the community, only ED will know that.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

This is a perfect example where ED could give a definitive answer to stop experts from evidence exchange and also set expectations

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4341722#post4341722