Bug or feature?

aldox

Is this some kind of random engine failure? It happened just when the supercharger kicked in, lost rpm and boost and it then fire, the fire following the slipstream is kinda cool tho

Jus want to know if this is something new? Never happened to me before I was not damaged and I was good with the engine no over reving or boosting, well under the nominal threshold

Edited by aldox

First, supercharger is always activated in this planes :) Light indicated High speed supercharger gear being activated.

Fire from exhaust stack looks like engine is gone, after overstressing the engine.

IMHO not a bug.

You were doing 2500rpm and at the moment High speed supercharger engaged boost went super high probably instantly blowing up engine.

this is why you use climb power setting for climb not cruise setting. To not get engine blow like that while supercharge changes speeds. Engine would be fine with that boost at 2850rpm.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

is this new? never happened to me before, nice touch

No idea, i climb at climb settings so never been in that situation.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Looks like ignited fuel dumped from exhausts. Noticed it goes off and on with the mixture level.

Looks exactly like exhaust flames when over priming engine while starting. Exhaust flames hasn't worked for me for a year. Yesterday I randomly discovered, now it does and it looks just like that.

Intel Core i7 3630QM @ 2.40GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 3.40 GHz) | 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz | 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 635M | 447GB KINGSTON SA400S37480G (SATA-2 (SSD))

Did you have the tank pressurized? Lower right hand side of the instrument panel is a small handle to pressurize the tank when flying at altitude.

This is obvious not a fuel starvation issue, since you have fire blowing up from exhaust.

Beside, tank pressurization is only in case of emergency, normal operation are done with fuel pump on.

Fuel tank pressurization can have adverse effect like fuel venting out from fuel tank when not sealed 100%. So this thing is used as last resort .In normal operation electric fuel pump will provide same benefits w/o adverse effects.