DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Thanks for the troubleshooting; this might have been an oversight on my part and a bug that got through testing (I use with Aries set to 1 and can't test every possible combination). I'll investigate and put the fix into 1.32.

Off the top of my head, Setting CommState_Off() shouldn't have any adverse side effects. However, I do know that I use a FC3 specific CommState routine, so I'll double check to make sure.

I did a bit more testing and confirmed that the 3 hats are not returned to their original mappings when T2 is released. I should probably also have mentioned that I have Aries_Radio set to 0 since I'm not using TS3 or TARS/Aries (and VAC is 0 as well). With Aries_Radio set to 1, the CommState seems to work as intended with the hats being restored correctly.

Then had a look at FC3_CommState_Init() in DCS_FC3.tmc and when Aries is disabled, I don't see any MapKeyR* that executes CommState_Off(CommStateAllow);, whereas with Aries enabled, T2_RO / MapKeyR does include such a statement.

I went ahead and modified line 542 from:

to:

but I'm not sure if this will have any unforeseen side-effects?

Upon further review, lines 542-543 should read the following:

T2_RI    =    EXEC([color=#a52a2a]"CommState_Off(CommStateAllow, MFD_Var);"[/color]);
T2_RO    =    EXEC([color=#a52a2a]"if(!FkeyPress) ActKey(KEYON+PULSE+CommMenu);CommState_Off(CommStateAllow, MFD_Var);"[/color]);[color=#32cd32][/color]

Thanks for the catch; this is updated for 1.32.

Please get a Warthog HOTAS.

I've added the following to my initial post:

Donate for a Warthog Profile

I would very much like to start a version 2.0 of this script that can utilize both the Cougar and Warthog, either exclusively or at the same time! For example, Imagine being able to use your Cougar throttle for the UH-1H collective while using your Warthog stick as the controller, then switching to the Warthog throttle for the A-10C with only the press of a button. This is possible with TARGET, but I require a Warthog in order to properly program and test the script. Please donate using the hyperlink above; all donations will go toward purchasing a Warthog HOTAS.

Once I receive enough funding to purchase a Warthog, I will take this link down and request that all further donations go to the Wounded Warrior Project. Thank you for reading.

Will there be a standalone set of Warthog profiles?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Will there be a standalone set of Warthog profiles?

If I can make it work, it will be the same profile, but you just select whether you have the Cougar, Warthog, or both in the DCS World.tmc file. I'm pretty sure I can make it work, but if not then it will be a standalone script.

Edited by Home Fries
added quote for context

Okay. Will send a donation next week. Good luck.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Donation on the way. It might have come in under my wife's name ("Joan") as I am apparently not allowed to have my own paypal account as I tend to spend money on foolish things (Like this). Good Luck.

Sobe

feed back has answered a lot of questions

Great information guys, this should keep me busy for a while ..

Thank you all !!!

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

• 4 weeks later...

Version 1.33 is released. 1.33 fixes a few bugs, enhances the MiG-21 and F-86, and adds the option for analog braking using the cougar stick.

And remember, if you want an in depth profile like this for the Warthog, please donate using the link in my signature or in the OP.

• 3 weeks later...

1.33a is uploaded. 1.33a is a hotfix that reintroduces Kneeboard controls to the LMFD Gain rocker and OSB20 for the Bf-109 and FC3 aircraft (including the Su-25T). Somehow these mappings were deleted with the 1.2.16 patch and I didn't catch it at the time of release.

You can either download 1.33a as a whole, or you can download the hotfix (linked at the top of the original post) and then install the updated diff.lua files.

• 4 weeks later...

1.34 is uploaded. 1.34 adds the MiG-15, and enhances the Standard DX profile for the Hawk and C-101 (including trim!).

Due to Real Life, I have only been able to perform cursory internal testing on this build. Please report any bugs or recommended changes (especially for the Hawk/C-101) so that I can improve the next version.

• 1 month later...

Profile has been added to the ED wiki Hardware Profile page

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective

Version 1.35 is released.

Change Log:

• FC3: Fixed issue with DirectX PTT with CommState and Aries Radio disabled
  • F-86: Added default Brake Out indication if GearState Down (for cold start)
  • Added Left/Right axis only combined braking algorithm to DiffBraking() for Bf-109
  • Ka-50: Added numeric keypad direct entry for PVI-800. Updated Rotor Brake macro for 1.2.14+.
  • Ka-50: Added ability to reset trim forward of default (i.e. Hover Trim)
  • A-10C: Added direct entry for UFC without S3 (including numeric keypad). Updated A-10C CDU Direct Entry mode to deconflict with TS3_DX PTT.

Hey Home Fries nice work on the layouts.

I'm trying to get this setup on my cougar but I must have missed something because I have no microstix, they don't even show up in DCS when I go to axis assign. Did I miss an option some where?

Thanks for the reply sorry for the lack of information.

CCP checks out with axes at 7 & 8.

I'm currently using A10C with FC3 and KA50 as only the other aircraft configured.

So far most of the functions I have tested (in A10C) seem to work fine with a few that don't but I have only done a cursory run through so like this most will probably be user error.

Here is output from run.

Running script: C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\DCS World.tmc

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Compile Succeeded.

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:

1: "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&REV_0110&MI_00"

2: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"

3: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0404" cannot be found

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0402" cannot be found

USB HID device "F16 MFD 1"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B351\5&6D14A7A&0&5) selected

USB HID device "F16 MFD 2"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B352\5&5237C50&0&3) selected

USB HID device "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&MI_00\6&22A98733&0&0000) selected

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_B10A" cannot be found

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse...Done

DCS_Init (Profile v1.35):

Differential Braking:

Input = 0

Analog = 0

Differential = 0

DCS A-10C Warthog Config (Profile v1.35):

Enabling Aircraft Modules...Ka-50...A10C...P51D...Done

Map Cougar Left MFD (DX31)...Done!

Map Cougar Right MFD (DX32)...Done!

Map HOTAS Cougar for DCS A-10C Warthog:

Map HOTAS Cougar:

Axis mapping Cougar Stick...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Main... Initializing Throttle Twin Engine Start/Shutdown Routines...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Auxiliary...Done.

Digital Axis Mapping:

Man Range to Autopilot Switch...Done!

...Done!

Button Mapping:

Shift Commands: S3 momentary......Done!

Cougar Stick Buttons......Done!

Init Trim with Padlock for TrackIR Users.

Hat1 (Trim)...Done!

Hat2 (TMS)......Done!

Hat3 (DMS)......Done!

Hat4 (CMS)......Done!

TQS Buttons... Type 3 (Analog-Momentary) Airbrake Set.

Brake Out = 3500

Brake In = 2000

...Done!

HOTAS Cougar Mapping Complete.

Dogfight Switch Initial Check...Done.

DCS A-10C Warthog Init Complete!

Setting Landing Gear Indication...Set!

DCS A-10C MFD Defaults (0,0):

A-10C Warthog Config Complete!

Setting Landing Gear Indication...Set!

main returned 0

AirBrakeProc() AutoRepeat Enabled.

Edited by Hellfire

Sorry for the delay, Hellfire. The your indications look fine, and I just verified that the microstick axes and their DCS assignments work properly for FC3 (Su-27), A-10C and Ka-50.

What you need to do is load the TARGET profile, then select the Device Analyzer, which will bring up all of the programmed axes and buttons. The Microstick X axis should map to "Throttle" and the Y axis should map to "RY" in all 3 of those modules. If it does map properly, then make sure you apply the latest diff.lua files for each module, just in case your lua assignments got corrupted.

EDIT: I just noticed that you disabled differential braking; I'm assuming you're using USB rudder pedals. if you still have no luck, please post a screenshot of your CCP settings.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Home Fries

Nothing moves in the device tester except the microstick button directx button 19 lights up when pressed. Also if I load up keytester, holding S3 and pushing microstick button produces and INS key up down.

Should I have flushed any programming out of the stick before attempting any of this? I ask because when button emulation is turned on I still get the Foxy programming settings back. Just wondering if that might be interfering.

Microstick was programmed with this:

MIX /I 6 23 (2 4 6 8 11 14 17 21 25 30 36 43 58 65 71 76 80 84 87 90 93 95 97 98) MSY(3-) MSY(3+) MSY(0)
   /O 3 HotasSlewDown ^ HotasSlewUp 
MIY /I 6 23 (2 4 6 8 11 14 17 21 25 30 36 43 58 65 71 76 80 84 87 90 93 95 97 98) MSX(3-) MSX(3+) MSX(0)
   /O 3 HotasSlewRight ^ HotasSlewLeft 

Edited by Hellfire