DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Hi Homefries,

Just got my mfds and your profile is just fantastic. Works very well for the A-10C.

I just have a question. I cannot hear the voice when changing profiles (A-10c to Huey for example)

Then (bug ?) when I switched into the UH-1 profile, the pitch and roll axis where not "allocated" in the sim options and the heli was always flying right

Where should I look to solve it ?

best,

Cobra

cobra,

You're right; the UH-1 issue is likely a bug that slipped through. :doh:

I normally disable XY on my Warthog on the UH-1 so I can use my Sidewinder FFB2 instead. I probably forgot to re-enable the axes prior to saving. To fix this, just go to to the UH-1H Sim table in the Controls menu (like you did when you imported the diff.lua) and select "Axis Assign". Then select the "Thrustmaster Combined" column and the "Flight Control Cyclic Roll" column. Then click "Default". Repeat for "Flight Control Cyclic Pitch", and you should see JOY_X and JOY_Y for each axis respectively.

For the voice to work, you need to make sure that alias ScriptPath (should be about line 184) in your DCS World.tmc file points to the absolute folder location of your DCS World.tmc file.

For example, my path is D:\TM\TARGET\HF, so the line reads

alias ScriptPath = "D:\\TM\\TARGET\\HF";

(note the double backslash; this is important).

Hope this helps,

HF

Hi Homefries,

Thank you for the fast answer. All good for the UH1 profile.

However, for the sound, It still not work. This is what I have:

ScriptPath = "F:\\Mes Documents\\Target Software\\warthog for dcs new";

in the folder warthog for dcs new, I have :

- DCS World.tmc

- Folder DCS that contains the folder sound.

that should be correct, isn't it ?

Hi Homefries,

Thank you for the fast answer. All good for the UH1 profile.

However, for the sound, It still not work. This is what I have:

ScriptPath = "F:\\Mes Documents\\Target Software\\warthog for dcs new";

in the folder warthog for dcs new, I have :

- DCS World.tmc

- Folder DCS that contains the folder sound.

that should be correct, isn't it ?

That depends. If you created a folder called Mes Documents on the F drive, then that should be OK. However, if you're pointing to the windows "Documents" folder, then this is a logical address and you need to point to your absolute address. This is usually C:\Users\Username\Documents, but you can find out by right clicking the Mes Documents folder and selecting properties (which will tell you one way or another where the folder is located).

• 3 weeks later...

Hello HF,

I'm having issues with the F-15C airbrakes not working using my HOTAS Cougar. I've tried these values, int Airbrake_Def_FC3_Ru = 0 & int Airbrake_Def_FC3_Ru = 1, but neither work using the T9 & T10. Please help.

Thank you!

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Hello HF,

I'm having issues with the F-15C airbrakes not working using my HOTAS Cougar. I've tried these values, int Airbrake_Def_FC3_Ru = 0 & int Airbrake_Def_FC3_Ru = 1, but neither work using the T9 & T10. Please help.

Thank you!

I just confirmed that the F-15C airbrake on the Cougar works as advertised. Please be aware that with the individual FC3 aircraft mappings since 1.60, the F-15C is no longer a selectable airbrake. The Airbrake_Def_FC3_Ru now only applies to Russian aircraft; for US aircraft it is always T9/SPDB for brakes out and T10/SPDF for brakes in. Centering the brake switch while the brake is in an intermediate position will leave the brake in place.

Please let me know if you still have issues, and we can troubleshoot the issue. However, the code in this case is solid.

I just confirmed that the F-15C airbrake on the Cougar works as advertised. Please be aware that with the individual FC3 aircraft mappings since 1.60, the F-15C is no longer a selectable airbrake. The Airbrake_Def_FC3_Ru now only applies to Russian aircraft; for US aircraft it is always T9/SPDB for brakes out and T10/SPDF for brakes in. Centering the brake switch while the brake is in an intermediate position will leave the brake in place.

Please let me know if you still have issues, and we can troubleshoot the issue. However, the code in this case is solid.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the airbrakes are not working for me. Even when I click T9/T10 on my HOTAS in the in-game controls settings, nothing happens. However, when I click other buttons, the commands are highlighted.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Sorry to hear that, pimp. Let's do some basic troubleshooting.

First, the assumption is that you have the F-15C profile loaded, and that you have both TARGET F15C hc v150.diff.lua and TARGET F15C kb v150.diff.lua imported to your controller settings in DCS World.

I would like you to start the profile, and then select the Device Analyzer (e.g. from within the Script Editor). You should see an integrated Thrustmaster Combined virtual controller with 8 axes and 32 buttons.

Press and hold T9. You should see a quick pulse of button 27 on the Device Analyzer. Release T9 and you should see another quick pulse. Your LMFD LED1 should also be flashing.

Press T10. You should see a quick pulse of button 28. Once the LED1 stops flashing, recenter T10. You should see another pulse for button 28.

If all of this works, then the controller is fine and the problem may be in the controller assignments. This shouldn't be, but weird things happen. Make sure that the speedbrake out and in are assigned JOY_BTN27 and JOY_BTN28 respectively. Assign them if they are not, and let me know. I'll triple-check my lua files.

If buttons 27/28 are assigned to the speedbrake, confirm that it doesn't work by using the speedbrake in external view (i.e. F2).

I would like to know if you are still having issues, or if you do get them solved what the issue was. I look forward to your reply.

-HF

Hello thank you for this very complex profile.

I am trying to run the profile with my HOTAS Cougar without touching anything but I have this error message:

Running script: C:\Users\GianMarco\Documents\DCS World TARGET for Cougar and Warthog v163\DCS World.tmc

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Compile Succeeded.

Script stopped!

Runtime Error: Symbol not found: T16000L in main ( line 771 in DCS World.tmc )

What should I do in order to fix the problem?

Thank you in advance for your answers!

Sorry to hear that, pimp. Let's do some basic troubleshooting.

First, the assumption is that you have the F-15C profile loaded, and that you have both TARGET F15C hc v150.diff.lua and TARGET F15C kb v150.diff.lua imported to your controller settings in DCS World.

I would like you to start the profile, and then select the Device Analyzer (e.g. from within the Script Editor). You should see an integrated Thrustmaster Combined virtual controller with 8 axes and 32 buttons.

Press and hold T9. You should see a quick pulse of button 27 on the Device Analyzer. Release T9 and you should see another quick pulse. Your LMFD LED1 should also be flashing.

Press T10. You should see a quick pulse of button 28. Once the LED1 stops flashing, recenter T10. You should see another pulse for button 28.

If all of this works, then the controller is fine and the problem may be in the controller assignments. This shouldn't be, but weird things happen. Make sure that the speedbrake out and in are assigned JOY_BTN27 and JOY_BTN28 respectively. Assign them if they are not, and let me know. I'll triple-check my lua files.

If buttons 27/28 are assigned to the speedbrake, confirm that it doesn't work by using the speedbrake in external view (i.e. F2).

I would like to know if you are still having issues, or if you do get them solved what the issue was. I look forward to your reply.

-HF

Thanks for your reply. When I run the script in TARGET for the F15C, LED2 stays lit. When I follow your T9/T10 instructions no LEDs flash. However, I do see BTNs 27 & 28 light up in the analyzer. Also, in game setting show commands below(No command labeled Speedbrake):

COMMAND <-------->THRUSTMASTER COMBINED

Airbrake: <--------> JOY_BTN30 + JOY_BTN27

Airbrake On: <------>JOY_BTN28;JOY_BTN31+JOY_BTN32+JOY_BTN28

Airbrake Off: <---> JOY_BTN27;JOY_BTN31+JOY_BTN32+JOY_BTN27

P.S. The correct F15C profiles are loaded.

Edited by pimp

Thanks for your reply. When I run the script in TARGET for the F15C, LED2 stays lit. When I follow your T9/T10 instructions no LEDs flash. However, I do see BTNs 27 & 28 light up in the analyzer. Also, in game setting show commands below(No command labeled Speedbrake):

COMMAND <-------->THRUSTMASTER COMBINED

Airbrake: <--------> JOY_BTN30 + JOY_BTN27

Airbrake On: <------>JOY_BTN28;JOY_BTN31+JOY_BTN32+JOY_BTN28

Airbrake Off: <---> JOY_BTN27;JOY_BTN31+JOY_BTN32+JOY_BTN27

P.S. The correct F15C profiles are loaded.

What you have is correct, and if you see the buttons light up in the analyzer you should be OK in DCS. BTW, airbrakes and speedbrakes are the same thing; I was going off the top of my head for the names.

I just tested my Cougar and it worked fine. Don't be dismayed if you don't get a response within the options menu; sometimes it takes a while to be responsive. As long as you can verify movement in the F2 view, you should be OK. If you're still having problems, you may try increasing the values for KBPress and KBDelay by 10ms each (e.g. 60 and 70). Also go ahead and post your system specs if you are still having trouble.

Version 1.64 is released. 1.64 adds multicrew capability to the SA342 Gazelle and completes the Gazelle profile to include UHF and NADIR direct entry. Additionally, 1.64 updates the changes in mappings with the M-2000C.

Version 1.64 also adds compatibility for DCS SimpleRadio Standalone, to include intercom mapping for the Gazelle and L-39 Albatross.

Of note, the NADIR and UHF direct entry mapping in the Gazelle necessitated that I remove the default use of "1" and "2" to change seats. You must now use S3+Hat1 Long to change seats, as "1" and "2" are now used for the NADIR keypad.

Hello Home Fries,

In first, thanks very much for this amazing works :) very impressive and i was searching for a long time a TARGET profile like this for DCS.

But right now, i have a problem, i'm using M-2000C profiles (MFD and TM Cougar stick and throttle) and my MFD doesn't work.

In options, with v163 Keyboard and Thrustmaster Combined controller columns, a lot of line were red. With the new version (v164) only column with Thrustmaster Combined controller has line with red.

I add moddifiers for JOY_BTN30, JOY_BTN31 & JOY_BTN32 with the script launched has said in documentation. (I have scrupulously followed the documentation)

I don't understand why. I check all your documentation (very complete and useful) but no solutions at all.

The script launch and work well, it's saying that MFD are mapped :

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() ***

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:

1: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"

2: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"

3: "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&REV_0110&MI_00"

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0404" cannot be found

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0402" cannot be found

USB HID device "F16 MFD 1"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B351\5&141EA4D&0&6) selected

USB HID device "F16 MFD 2"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B352\5&141EA4D&0&3) selected

USB HID device "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&MI_00\8&2E74DFE8&0&0000) selected

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done

DCS_Global() Start.

DCS_Global() Finish.

DCS_Init (Profile v1.64):

Done

Execute DCS M-2000C Config (Profile v1.64):

Map Cougar Left MFD (DX31)...Done!

Map Cougar Right MFD (DX32)...Done!

Map HOTAS for DCS M-2000C Config:

Map Axes:

Axis mapping Cougar Stick...Done!

Axis Mapping TQS Main... Throttle Engine Startup/Shutdown Bypassed.

Axis Mapping TQS Auxiliary...Done.

Digital Aux Axis Mapping:

Man Range (shifted) for Radar Mode Select......Done!

Button Mapping:

Shift Commands: S3 momentary......Done!

Cougar Stick Buttons......Done!

Init Trim with Padlock for TrackIR Users.

Hat1 (Trim)...Done!

CommState_Off(HC,2520)

TQS Buttons... Type 1 (Binary-Discrete) Airbrake Set.

Brake Out = 2000

Brake In = 2000

...Done!

HOTAS Mapping Complete.

M-2000C Config Complete!

main returned 0

Profile Selection:

Press and release S2 to accept profile

or quickly tap S3 to cancel.

DCS Mirage 2000C

Done

Map Axes:

Button Mapping:

Hat1 (Trim)...Done!

CommState_Off(HC,2520)

Brake Out = 2000

Brake In = 2000

...Done!

HOTAS Mapping Complete.

M-2000C Config Complete!

Thanks to take a look on this :(

HiCKS.

HiCKS,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the script. I do have some troubleshooting questions for you:

1. Which commands are red in 1.64?
  2. Do the MFDs work with any other profiles?
  3. How did you test to make sure the MFDs don't work? (e.g. device analyzer, options screen, or in-game)
  4. Finally, do the MFDs work with the 1.63 lua loaded?

This should help narrow down the issue.

HiCKS,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the script. I do have some troubleshooting questions for you:

Shit happens, but I think I did something wrong, cause all command with "JOY_BTN30, JOY_BTN31 & JOY_BTN32" are in red.

[1.]Which commands are red in 1.64?

See this looooong list :

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN5" 530D/Rockets/Guns TOT/PAR Firing Mode Toggle Weapons Preparation

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_L" AA Gun SELECT HOTAS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN15" AG Gun SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN27" Airbrake TOGGLE HOTAS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN27" Airbrake TOGGLE HOTAS

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN7" Altitude Hold Mode Autopilot, Navigation, & INS

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN9" Approach Hold Mode Autopilot, Navigation, & INS

"JOY_BTN5"; "JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN5" Autopilot Standby Mode HOTAS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN27"; "JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN28" Bomb Fuze: INERT Weapons Preparation

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN27" Bomb Fuze: INST Weapons Preparation

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN28" Bomb Fuze: RET Weapons Preparation

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN22" Bomb Qty Decrease Weapons Preparation

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN21" Bomb Qty Increase Weapons Preparation

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN22" Bomb Release Interval Decrease Weapons Preparation

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN21" Bomb Release Interval Increase Weapons Preparation

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_U" Centrer la vue Vue

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN15" Engines START Engine & Fuel

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN15" Engines STOP Engine & Fuel

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN24"; "JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN23" FBW G-Limiter Mode TOGGLE Commandes de vol

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN10" FBW Spin Switch TOGGLE Commandes de vol

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN29" Freins de roues Hydraulic & Mechanical

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN11" Fuel Emergency Cutoff Switch Cover CLOSE Engine & Fuel

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN26" Gun Arm TOGGLE Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN22" HUD Brightness DOWN Cockpit Displays & Illumination

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN21" HUD Brightness UP Cockpit Displays & Illumination

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN22" HUD Declutter Switch OFF Cockpit Displays & Illumination

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN21" HUD Declutter Switch ON Cockpit Displays & Illumination

"JOY_BTN11"; "JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN11" Hide/Show Control Stick Cockpit Displays & Illumination

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN13" Hide/Show Throttle Cockpit Displays & Illumination

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN2" Lampe torche Vue cockpit

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN13" Left Fuel Boost Pump OFF Engine & Fuel

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN13" Left Fuel Boost Pump ON Engine & Fuel

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN4" MAG PREP: MAGIC II Standby Toggle Weapons Preparation

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_R" MAGIC SELECT HOTAS

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN2" MIS PREP: Super 530D Standby Toggle Weapons Preparation

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN25" Master Arm TOGGLE Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN3"; "JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN3"; "JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN19" Nosewheel Steering/IFF Interrogate HOTAS

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN1" PCA Button 1 SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN2" PCA Button 2 SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN3" PCA Button 3 SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN4" PCA Button 4 SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN5" PCA Button 5 SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN7" PCN BAD Button Autopilot, Navigation, & INS

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN6" PCN ENC Button Autopilot, Navigation, & INS

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN9" PCN MRQ Button Autopilot, Navigation, & INS

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN8" PCN REC Button Autopilot, Navigation, & INS

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN10" PCN VAL Button Autopilot, Navigation, & INS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN24" Parking Brake OFF Hydraulic & Mechanical

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN23" Parking Brake ON Hydraulic & Mechanical

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN6" Pilote automatique Autopilot, Navigation, & INS

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN20" Planchette - Marquer Point à la position actuelle Planchette

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN20" Planchette - On/Off Planchette

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN27" Planchette - Page Précédente Planchette

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN28" Planchette - Page Suivante Planchette

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN27" Planchette - Raccourci précédent Planchette

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN28" Planchette - Raccourci suivant Planchette

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_D"; "JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_U" Radar Antenna CENTER HOTAS

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_D" Radar Antenna DOWN HOTAS

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_U" Radar Antenna UP HOTAS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN10"; "JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN1" Radar Range DECREASE Senseurs

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN2"; "JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN8" Radar Range INCREASE Senseurs

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN12" Right Fuel Boost Pump OFF Engine & Fuel

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN12" Right Fuel Boost Pump ON Engine & Fuel

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN24" Seat LOWER Pilot & Seat Controls

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN23" Seat RAISE Pilot & Seat Controls

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN8" Selected Altitude Hold Mode Autopilot, Navigation, & INS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN16" Selective Jettison Safety Cover CLOSED Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN16" Selective Jettison Safety Cover OPEN Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN14" Start Button Safety Cover CLOSED Engine & Fuel

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN14" Start Button Safety Cover OPEN Engine & Fuel

JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN15" Store 1 SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN14" Stores 2 SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN13" Stores 3 SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN12" Stores 4 SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN11" Stores 5 SELECT Weapons Management

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN17"; "JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN15" Target Unlock/Special Modes Deselect HOTAS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN_POV1_U" Trim DOWN HOTAS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN_POV1_L" Trim LEFT HOTAS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN_POV1_R" Trim RIGHT HOTAS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_L" Trim RUDDER LEFT Commandes de vol

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_R" Trim RUDDER RIGHT Commandes de vol

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN_POV1_D" Trim UP HOTAS

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN22" U/VHF Manual Mode Communications

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN20" U/VHF Preset Mode Communications

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_BTN9" VTB Viewport ON/OFF Cockpit Displays & Illumination

"JOY_BTN_POV1_D"; "JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_D" Vue en bas lentement Vue

"JOY_BTN_POV1_DR"; "JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_DR" Vue en bas à droite lentement Vue

"JOY_BTN_POV1_DL"; "JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_DL" Vue en bas à gauche lentement Vue

"JOY_BTN_POV1_UR"; "JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_UR" Vue en haut à droite lentement Vue

"JOY_BTN_POV1_UL"; "JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_UL" Vue en haut à gauche lentement Vue

"JOY_BTN_POV1_R"; "JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_R" Vue à droite lentement Vue

"JOY_BTN_POV1_L"; "JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN_POV1_L" Vue à gauche lentement Vue

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_BTN29" Wheel Brake LEFT Hydraulic & Mechanical

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_BTN29" Wheel Brake RIGHT Hydraulic & Mechanical

"JOY_BTN32 - JOY_RY" Frein de roue droite

"JOY_BTN31 - JOY_RX" Frein de roue gauche

"JOY_BTN30 - JOY_SLIDER2" Radar Antenna Elevation

[2.]Do the MFDs work with any other profiles?

I just test on A-10C (the second mod i have), and same thing wrong in option command.

[3.]How did you test to make sure the MFDs don't work? (e.g. device analyzer, options screen, or in-game)

Before i mapped directly MFD (without script), and all going well, I used them on FalconBMS4.33 without problem.

[4.]Finally, do the MFDs work with the 1.63 lua loaded?

No, same problem, the difference is in v163 same lines are red in Keyboard column too, and now in v164, only Thrustmaster Combined controller column have this line (see spolier in 1.) in red.

This should help narrow down the issue.

I hope so :book:

Regards,

HiCKS

At first glance, it looks like the issue is the Joy_BTN30-32 modifiers, or that the TARGET profile did not load properly. You say that you followed the instructions, so perhaps I need to revise them somehow (I'm not being sarcastic; just looking for ways to improve things).

When you created the modifiers, which module did you do it for? You actually need to create the Joy_Btn3x modifiers for each module. Having that many red rows is usually an indicator that you need to do this, or that the TARGET profile is not loaded.

So here are the next steps to make sure we're on the right track:

1. Run the TARGET profile
  2. Load the Device Analyzer and the Event Tester (can be done from the Script Editor).
  3. In Device Analyzer, you should see the Thrustmaster Combined device with 8 axes and 32 buttons. Start pressing buttons.
  4. Pressing S3, you should see DX30 and (depending on the profile loaded) DX3.
  5. Pressing any LMFD button should give you DX31 + whatever button you selected. Any RMFD should give you DX32+button.
  6. If you do not see any DX commands on the Device Analyzer, check the Event Viewer to make sure you get key commands.

These steps are to ensure that the script is properly running. If you see the results listed above, then the problem is most likely your modifiers. The script needs to be running when you create the modifiers. Also note that if you ever save out of the control menu (i.e. click anything except cancel) while the profile is not loaded, you lose your Joy_Btn3x modifiers.

Hope this helps.

Previously, thanks Home fries for your time and your patience :thumbup:

1.Run the TARGET profile

For that, it's ok, i made a shorcut on my desktop by following your instructions.

2.Load the Device Analyzer and the Event Tester (can be done from the Script Editor).

no probs

3.In Device Analyzer, you should see the Thrustmaster Combined device with 8 axes and 32 buttons. Start pressing buttons.

thats's right : Thrustmaster Combined device with 8 axes and 32 buttons.

3.Pressing S3, you should see DX30 and (depending on the profile loaded) DX3.

That's right :)

Pressing any LMFD button should give you DX31 + whatever button you selected. Any RMFD should give you DX32+button.

Something going wrong my lord, you can see on screenshots (For the Left or Right MFD, it's just their position on my desk ;) )

R
MFD :
(MFD1)

ROSB1=Button 1+Button 30+Button 31

ROSB2 to ROSB14=Button X(the button selected)+Button 31

ROSB15=Button 15+Button 30+Button 31

ROSB16 to ROSB19= just the button on the MFD1 (see the screenshot "Right MFD press button 15.png")

• GAIN UP=Button 27+Button 30+Button 31
  • GAIN DOWN=Button 28+Button 30+Button 31
  • SYM UP=Button 21+Button 31
  • SYM DOWN=Button 22+Button 31
  • CON UP=Button 23+Button 31
  • CON DOWN=Button 24+Button 31
  • BRT UP=Button 25+Button 31
  • BRT DOWN=Button 26+Button 31

L
MFD :
(MFD2)

LOSB1+LOSB11=just the button on the MFD2 (see the screenshot "Left MFD press button 1.png")

LOSB2 to LOSB10=Button X(the button selected)+Button 32

LOSB12 to LOSB13=Button X(the button selected)+Button 30+Button 32

LOSB14=Button 14 flashing and after stay Off + Button 30 + Button 32 are ON

LOSB15=Button 15+Button 32

LOSB16 to LOSB19= just the button on the MFD2 (Like the others")

• GAIN UP=Button 27+Button 32
  • GAIN DOWN=Button 28+Button 30+Button 32
  • SYM UP=Button 21 (is flashing)+Button 30+Button 32
  • SYM DOWN=Button 22 (is flashing)+Button 30+Button 32
  • CON UP=Button 23+Button 32
  • CON DOWN=Button 24+Button 32
  • BRT UP=Button 25 (see the screenshot "Left MFD press BRT UP and DOWN - same thing happen.png")
  • BRT DOWN=Button 26 (Like BRT - UP)

I also note a delay between I press button and corresponding display (rouglhy a second) when it's mapped on the script.

then doctor, what do you think about ? I throw everything out the window? :pilotfly:

Thanks for your help :)

HiCKS.

P.S : I attached screenshots a the end of this message, in one file.

For HF_MFD.rar

Edited by HiCKS-BB15

I assume you did this check with the M-2000C profile loaded, in which case much of that is normal (including the repeating 21, which is programmed for the intervalometer). For the keys that did not show responses in the Device Analyzer, you should open the Event Viewer and see if there are keystrokes generated (some of the buttons will be keystrokes).

Just to clarify, though, MFD1 should be left and MFD2 right. You can swap the assignments in the software if physically moving the MFDs is inconvenient.

So we have a pretty good indication that the MFDs work and the profile loaded. Now you just need to verify that you have set the Joy_Btn3x modifiers for every aircraft. Then you should be good to go.

One final note: just because you don't get a response in the options menu does not mean the program isn't working. In later releases, the options menu can get bogged down in overhead. The best way is to try it in-game.

issues

Hi HF,

following the sound issue (it didn't play the sound during profile changes), i checked that the folder is correctly labelled in the tmc. I have tried to double click on the autoexec in the sound file and i got that pop up error message. Could it be the issue ?

---------------------------

Information

sWavPlayer v1.0.2 build 1

Description:

sWavPlayer is a simple commandline player for WAV files.

Usage:

Program syntax: sWavPlayer.exe "<file>" [parameters]

Parameters:

/keep (Keeps the instance of sWavPlayer running)

e.g.: c:\path\to\sWavPlayer.exe "c:\path\to\soundfile.wav"

e.g.: c:\path\to\sWavPlayer.exe "c:\path\to\soundfile.wav" /keep

Notes:

All parameters are optional.

Copyright:

Program copyright © 2011-2012 Jody Holmes / Skwire Empire

License: Freeware

Program icon copyright Everaldo Coelho @ http://www.everaldo.com/crystal/

Icon license: LGPL @ http://www.everaldo.com/crystal/?action=license

Links:

Homepage: http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=swavplayer

Forum: http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/index.php?topic=27254.0

sWavPlayer will now exit.

Press ctrl-c to copy this text.

OK

Also, on the UH1 profile:

- on the left mfd:

- I can open the gunners doors but not close them.

- I cannot make appear the kneeboard map. is it implemented ?

thank you in advance for your answer.

kind regards

following the sound issue (it didn't play the sound during profile changes), i checked that the folder is correctly labelled in the tmc. I have tried to double click on the autoexec in the sound file and i got that pop up error message. Could it be the issue ?

That message is normal, as the program is intended to be run from the command line. This is exactly why I use it: command line usage won't interfere with DCS World.

If you wish to test the wav player, you should open a command window within that folder and then test it from the command line.

The easiest way to open a command window in a specific folder is to select that folder in Windows Explorer, then shift+right click the folder and select "Open command window here".

Next, at the command line, type

swavplayer uh1h.wav

or alternatively

playsnd uh1h.wav

(which is the batch file used by the script) and see if it works.

If this works, then go ahead and PM me with your dcs world.tmc and more detailed information on where you keep the profile, and I will try to help you that way.

Also, on the UH1 profile:

- on the left mfd:

- I can open the gunners doors but not close them.

- I cannot make appear the kneeboard map. is it implemented ?

Gunner doors should be toggle commands. Assigning ROE to the gunners will automatically open the doors, though setting ROE to hold fire will not close the doors. Is this what you mean?

Either way, LOSB 11 and 12 Long will toggle right and left doors respectively.

The Kneeboard map is implemented. It can be accessed in any profile with S3+LOSB20 or LOSB20 Long (exception is A-10C, which is just S3+LOSB20 Long). Make sure it isn't obstructed by the hint window.

Hope this helps,

HF

Hello Home Fries, I was on duty this last days so I only do test this evening with your new version.

Unfortunately it's working worse ...

so, to continue, i follow your mind :

I assume you did this check with the M-2000C profile loaded, in which case much of that is normal (including the repeating 21, which is programmed for the intervalometer). For the keys that did not show responses in the Device Analyzer, you should open the Event Viewer and see if there are keystrokes generated (some of the buttons will be keystrokes).

Of course the M-200C profile is loaded (see spoiler) and, as you say, ROSB1 is a keystroke, LOSB19 too (and some others ...).

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() ***

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[3]:

1: "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&REV_0110&MI_00"

2: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"

3: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0404" cannot be found

USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0402" cannot be found

USB HID device "F16 MFD 1"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B351\5&141EA4D&0&3) selected

USB HID device "F16 MFD 2"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B352\5&141EA4D&0&6) selected

USB HID device "Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&MI_00\8&2E74DFE8&0&0000) selected

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done

DCS_Global() Start.

DCS_Global() Finish.

DCS_Init (Profile v1.64):

Done

Map Axes:

Button Mapping:

Hat1 (Trim)...Done!

CommState_Off(HC,2520)

Brake Out = 2000

Brake In = 2000

...Done!

HOTAS Mapping Complete.

M-2000C Config Complete!

main returned 0

Just to clarify, though, MFD1 should be left and MFD2 right. You can swap the assignments in the software if physically moving the MFDs is inconvenient.

I did the swap, it's working very well. Now MFD1 is on the left and MFD2 is on the right.

So we have a pretty good indication that the MFDs work and the profile loaded. Now you just need to verify that you have set the Joy_Btn3x modifiers for every aircraft. Then you should be good to go.

I did it for each aircraft, but i only fly the M-2000C, and nothing different happen.

One final note: just because you don't get a response in the options menu does not mean the program isn't working. In later releases, the options menu can get bogged down in overhead. The best way is to try it in-game.

In game, nothing work for the MFD, and now (after the 1.64 update) i have this error :

Compile error in Execute: = expected, in "if(FkeyPress < 1) ActKey{KEYON+PULSE+X(AI_PTT_Array,0);"

CommState_On(HC)

Compile error in Execute: = expected, in "if(FkeyPress < 1) ActKey{KEYON+PULSE+X(AI_PTT_Array,0);"

It's making me crazy, cause i follow scrupulously your setup guide and it doesn't work. :doh:

I feel stupid ...

Thanks for your help :)

The problem is that the character after ActKey is a bracket, not a parenthesis. I will look for that in my code and fix it. In the meantime, if you can find it, change { to ( and you should be fine.

EDIT: Thanks for the bug catch. Line 240 of CommState.tmc. Change it to read

T2_RO    =    EXEC("if(FkeyPress < 1) ActKey{KEYON+PULSE+X(AI_PTT_Array,0);");

Already fixed for the next build, which will hopefully be Friday.

Edited by Home Fries

So, i made the change, but another mistake happened : a syntax error.

Apparently it's needed a second parenthesis just there :

ActKey(KEYON+PULSE+X(AI_PTT_Array,0)[b][size="5"])[/size][/b];");

and now, each time i push the button this appears

CommState_On(HC)

Is it ok ?

HiCKS

(cool i'm a debugger :thumbup:)

So, i made the change, but another mistake happened : a syntax error.

Apparently it's needed a second parenthesis just there :

ActKey(KEYON+PULSE+X(AI_PTT_Array,0)[b][size="5"])[/size][/b];");

and now, each time i push the button this appears

Is it ok ?

HiCKS

(cool i'm a debugger :thumbup:)

I also note that the HOTAS loose the profile when i push VHF radio button on the throttle ...