F-14 & rudder pedals - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-08-2019, 05:06 PM   #21
Alicatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengou View Post
Also comes with a very small center detent that can be removed by changing cams.

I have everything on default and it has easy movement and a noticeable center bump that does not slow movement through it. Great product.
I have the Thrustmaster Elite pedals and had them longer than I care to think about, at the same time I got the TM. FLCS/TQS to make a set. Much later I got the TM. Cougar but the elite pedals are heavy with a strong detent, the springs in them are strong enough that you can push your chair back without moving the pedal.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:28 PM   #22
Eldur

Even for ~ $300, I'd say the Crosswinds are great bang for the buck. They have all the features needed and are made for eternity plus you'll have the support in case something goes south. Before that I had the Simpeds, but the simple ones without toe brakes, which was the reason for me to get new ones. This really is something worth saving up for as you don't buy new ones every 2 or 3 years.

The only con that I've noticed is that you can't step on one pedal after the other without the whole thing flipping over, but that can be solved either by putting on both feet at the same time or attaching them to a simple (wooden) baseplate with some rubber feet or any other contraption that prevents the whole thing from sliding around.

They are relatively wide though, but IMHO this is more comfortable as well. They're ~52cm / 20.5" with the pedal plates tilted to the sides.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:39 PM   #23
dawgie79

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengou View Post
I can vouch for the VKB pedals, got them for about $200 USD. I got them for Helos and they feel great for that, but work well for planes too of course. It's not too hard with Joystick Gremlin to set up a toe brake axis that you can use with a modifier in DCS. They are all metal, feel really well made and precise, and have fairly low resistance (but this can be changed with alternate springs). Also comes with a very small center detent that can be removed by changing cams.

I have everything on default and it has easy movement and a noticeable center bump that does not slow movement through it. Great product.
Same here. Great pedals!
Old 03-17-2019, 05:38 AM   #24
dartagnan

Default TPR Pendlum Rudder and F-14

Well I'm very pleased with the game accept I can not map my Thrustmaster TPR Pendulum Rudder System to the F-14. I have to use the coolie switch on my HOTAS WARTHOG for my rudder and brakes. Is there anyone out there with the same problem that maybe using the TPR Pendlum Rudder System. It's very disturbing to me that I have one of the most expensive rudder systems out there and I can't use it. Is there anyone that can help me? Thanks in advance.
dartagnan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:54 AM   #25
Wrightie

I was using the Thrustmaster ones they were great for the price, very compact too. I managed to find a pair of Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals so am now using them. They're very sturdy and precise too.
If you're in the UK and interested OP my T Flight are on ebay atm.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F333113895964
Wrightie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:34 AM   #26
Grundar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zohwboe View Post
... I would also recommend the Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals. ...you might end up crushing your balls every now and then. The workaround is simple though...
*snip snip* ??

Seems a little pricey for some cheap rudder pedals

Seriously I need rudder pedals and these look like the best option for my under desk space and price point.
Grundar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:51 AM   #27
FSKRipper

If you are able to spend more than 150€ definitively crosswinds. I missed my Saiteks not a minute and the crosswinds will fullfill all needs perfectly.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:37 PM   #28
webweaver40

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Buckeye= View Post
Best consumer grade pedals? Slaw RX Vipers

Best consumer value? MFG Crosswinds

Somewhere in the middle? Thrustmasters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can vouch for the slaw pedals. Best by far, but you do need the damper. I hated my tm tpr pedals.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
webweaver40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 11:32 PM   #29
Southpaw

Thrustmaster TPR! I had mine delivered about three weeks ago as an upgrade from the Saiteks. Total game changer. My only regret is I didn't order them at release.

They're $500 on Amazon Prime and I have no issues using them in any module (including the F14).
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 06:25 AM   #30
webweaver40

If you're going to spend $500, what's a few hundred more to get the Slaw Viper RX pedals? Definitely worth the upgrade, coming from someone who has been on the Saitek, TM, Slaw path

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
webweaver40 is offline   Reply With Quote