Oculus quest app on PC

g2k

I can’t even get started in this awesome DCS world.

Bought the oculus quest right away. Instructions say I need to download the app. Ok fine. Well Apple Music doesn’t have Apps on the PC anymore with their latest update. The links, how to’s and videos I found to go back to the previous apple update 12.6.3 don’t work anymore. I’m at a loss.

I’m really beginning to loathe apple.

Edited by g2k

(I just jotted this hardware info down so younger smarter people can help me troubleshoot possible flaws)

i7 9700K 3.7Ghz | ROG Strix RTX2080S GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB | WD 1TB-SSD | Corsair RGB 280mm Liquid CPU cooler | Asus TUF Z390-Plus w/DDR4 2666

TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswinds | HP Reverb G2

I went to oculus support chat and they say I need a cable. Does this seem right?

He kept asking why it was so important to use PC. I knew then and there this was going nowhere.

Then after a long wait he came back with a link to this cable I would need.

Edited by g2k

(I just jotted this hardware info down so younger smarter people can help me troubleshoot possible flaws)

i7 9700K 3.7Ghz | ROG Strix RTX2080S GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB | WD 1TB-SSD | Corsair RGB 280mm Liquid CPU cooler | Asus TUF Z390-Plus w/DDR4 2666

Okay it appears I will need a cable.

Man I have a lot of reading to do. Sorry for spamming the page.

Wait are you trying to run DCS with Oculus on a Mac??

No. Certainly not. Lol.

I’m trying to us my PC. But I can’t seem to get the oculus app onto the PC. iTunes latest version doesn’t have an App Store. Looking for suggestions.

Side note. Also investigating a better computer. This one I have runs the sim, but it’s pretty choppy at times. Thinking I’m going to lay out 1500-2000 CAD. (1200-1500 USD)

Ordered the Warthog HOTAS. At my current pace I should be flying properly in 2 months. ;) Last sim I bought was Microsoft X....yeah I know....

I’m thinking I bit off more than I can chew. But I’m not giving up. It’s flying after all.

Alrighty. Upon further review $1200 - 1500 USD might be a little low.

Some of the systems I’m seeing in signatures are mind blowing.

I’ve learned in the past it’s sometimes better to dive right in. Like my boating days. Getting a boat 2 feet longer every 2 years. Would have been much better off buying a 32 footer after my entry boat, but instead I kept inching my way up to where I needed to be. Cost me much more money and hassles in the long run.

Do your research before buying.

The quest works with DCS, but yes you need a cable, and a pc that can handle dcs in VR. I'd say no lower than a GTX 1080 and a 4ghz processor for a good experience.

Thanks for the info.

Nobody here is getting back to me about getting the oculus app onto my PC though. Like I keep repeating. The latest version of Apple Music doesn’t have the App Store. Google play doesn’t support the app on my PC. It’s my biggest issue right now, but the question is bypassed.

Banging my head against the wall trying to get answers here and the google.

Thanks for the info.

Nobody here is getting back to me about getting the oculus app onto my PC though. Like I keep repeating. The latest version of Apple Music doesn’t have the App Store. Google play doesn’t support the app on my PC. It’s my biggest issue right now, but the question is bypassed.

Banging my head against the wall trying to get answers here and the google.

You need to go on oculus website and download their software for PC...it is not on a store of some sort.

Then the quest is a stand-alone headset and you don’t need a pc to run it.

Recently they added oculus link which is a system to use the quest with the PC similar to the Rift S.

But in order to do that you need a usb-c cable for connecting the headset to the pc.

Better to stick to the advised cable as not every cable will work well.

I have not the quest so the help I can do with it ends here, but i know that on this forum there are people that uses happily the quest with DCS.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

You need to go on oculus website and download their software for PC...it is not on a store of some sort.

Then the quest is a stand-alone headset and you don’t need a pc to run it.

Recently they added oculus link which is a system to use the quest with the PC similar to the Rift S.

But in order to do that you need a usb-c cable for connecting the headset to the pc.

Better to stick to the advised cable as not every cable will work well.

I have not the quest so the help I can do with it ends here, but i know that on this forum there are people that uses happily the quest with DCS.

You have helped me greatly regarding the app. Thank you!

Yes, I’m seeing on here not all the available cables are suitable for Quest. I’ve ordered the Oculus link one directly from their site, but it won’t be shipped till mid February. In the meantime I will research the very helpful posts on this fine site and see what cable I will try for the time being.

Next step is upgrading my computer. I’m not sure I want to go through the possible headaches etc with hooking up the Quest, Warthog etc to this clunker I’m using now. It runs the sim, but is a bit chopped at times. Mind you it might be a good idea to get some practice on the HOTAS before this chit gets real. Lol.

Cheers! Kent.

Edited by g2k

If you only bought the quest to use for DCS, then I would return it and get a Rift S.

Way less issues and you would be up and running in 5 min...

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard