[REPORTED] Fix this Multi player killing glitch please

chief

When you go from tac commander to spectator and back to tac commander you can see the white trails and flags of a lot of ground units both friendly and enemy and it is completely ruining the multiplayer experience. This needs to be fixed right away please. We are getting tired of this glitch that has been in existence for over 6 months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I have the steps right and don't think this has been well explained, but let me have a go. If someone wants to do a better job of the steps to repro, that would be great.

1. Enter any MP slot, press F10 map <-- this is the step im unsure of

2. press escape, select a new slot and fly.

3. As the next slot loads the map is revealed

What you see is:

All units, regardless of settings, for less than a second, then it reverts. It's like a glimpse of "god mode"

What you would expect to see:

Nothing, or the map setting of the server.

Why it's important/impact:

I can see the occasion where, after someone was shot down and selects a new shot, they suddenly see where the person was hiding and can report that on comms. But it could be (is?) abused to have people spamming slot changes to build pictures.

hope this helps.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

They even take screenshots to send to others lol.

This is what you can see.

unknown.png

unknown.png

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• ED Team
Not sure if I have the steps right and don't think this has been well explained, but let me have a go. If someone wants to do a better job of the steps to repro, that would be great.

1. Enter any MP slot, press F10 map <-- this is the step im unsure of

2. press escape, select a new slot and fly.

3. As the next slot loads the map is revealed

What you see is:

All units, regardless of settings, for less than a second, then it reverts. It's like a glimpse of "god mode"

What you would expect to see:

Nothing, or the map setting of the server.

Why it's important/impact:

I can see the occasion where, after someone was shot down and selects a new shot, they suddenly see where the person was hiding and can report that on comms. But it could be (is?) abused to have people spamming slot changes to build pictures.

hope this helps.

Can you tell me, those paths you see, are those made by the user, or are the pre-made from the ME? I tried doing some on my own, and I never saw paths or flags, so trying to figure that out, but I have already reported the fact that you can see enemy unit placement.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Can you tell me, those paths you see, are those made by the user, or are the pre-made from the ME? I tried doing some on my own, and I never saw paths or flags, so trying to figure that out, but I have already reported the fact that you can see enemy unit placement.

User made from a tac command slot. That's from the DDCS server, it's all user based. No way points from the ME.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I'm not sure if this is how it works, but I believe that when you swap slots it first quickly transfers you to spectators, then to your slot of choice. Is this correct? Also, those white flags are what Spectators would see as waypoints, right? Because I have noticed that the white flags only show up when I am in spectators looking at the F10 map.

If the above is correct, a possible quick and easy solution is to just implement a server option to disable the visual waypoint flags/paths for spectators....or even everyone altogether to ensure the problem is fixed/correctable

Edited by MobiSev

Modules owned:

FC3, M-2000C, Mig-21bis, F-5E, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, KA-50, Mi-8, F-14A&B, JF-17

• 5 months later...