Troop Transport

Hi,

I know this isn't a big thing, but I also know the Gazelle is able to take a small number of passengers.

One of my missions calls for picking up, and inserting a small special forces recon unit. Currently I use a UH-1H, but the option of something small, light, and with some stand off self protection capability make the Gazelle a nice choice.

Unfortunately Transportation isn't a mission option for the gazelle - allowing for the embarkation of troops. Can this please be added?

I know this isn't an official fix from Polychop, but in the mean time might I recommend the use of the CTLD script? I use it regularly in Coop missions, it's outstanding. It will allow you to set the number if troops carrier by the Gazelle.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I have seen and used it briefly. I wasn't aware you could change the number of troops carried for particular types. A server I was on you could carry 20 troops in a gazelle... obviously not realistic.

The other thing as I understand it the CTLD script doesn't add weight like the built in one does.

So yeah I get that CTLD is a workaround, but if no one asks for the vanilla server to be fixed I guess it will never get done, so here I am :)

I'm not sure about CTLD and weight for troops, but it does add weight for cargo, so I'll see about that.

I'd definitely encourage you to look at CTLD. The options are amazing, don't be put off but that experience on the one server. You can really customize what everyone can or can't carry, and do some really cool things like dynamically building a FOB with sling load crates! The script is easy to use, just download Notepad++, and read the comments on the right of the various script lines.

Hope it helps

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

CTLD certainly can allow you to pick troops up, but it won't dynamically model their weight.

Assuming you cut down to 60% fuel, you can take two full combat load troops and not be over MGTOW.

This isn't 'required' technically but if you wish to be a bit more authentic, it's nice to.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

• 4 weeks later...
kinda sucks that even loading troops through normal DCS means the weight is not added to the chopper

My understanding is when you use the DCS embark/disembark troops, it does model weight... however weight changes are not possible through 3rd party scripts like CTLD.

• 5 months later...