Gunfighter 3 - a new generation of a flag carrier base!

AeroGator

:D

Du hast doch einen guten Draht zu VKB. Muss sich schon Wasser und Brot konsumieren oder hab ich noch Zeit? :music_whistling:

Hab' leider keinen guten Draht zu VKB EU's Plänen, darum kann ich auch dazu leider nichts sagen, sorry. Vielleicht dort direkt anfragen?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Now I am feeling dumb. Anyway it's nearly midnight here, and I won't get any smarter before morning. I'll check it out for you in the morning, OK?

Good deal, thanks much.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I couldn't resist. I ordered the full blown upgrade kits for both of my Gunfighter Mk.IIs. Even though I may never use them, I went ahead and got the twist axis upgrade. It is something my son may eventually use since he sometimes likes playing mech games which benefit from using the twist axis to rotate the torso and or steer the mech depending on your control preferences.

My first stick is an early revision from the initial pre-order release of the MCG Pro/Gunfighter MkII. The second stick was just recently bought to use until I could replace a bad bearing on the roll axis of the first one that I damaged by using two #50 springs on each axis. They have slightly different PCBs as expected based on the website's ordering note to provide a photo of the gimbal to show the PCB revision being used.

Now to wait for the delivery information!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are no dumb questions.

The answer is yes.

I'm confused...

Yes to "will DCS still recognize it and keep my assignments?" or "Yes" to "will I need to plug in all my assignments again?"

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

I'm confused...

Yes to "will DCS still recognize it and keep my assignments?" or "Yes" to "will I need to plug in all my assignments again?"

Took the words out of my mouth.

:smilewink:

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I don't like the current cams on my Gunfighter Mk II; too aggressively non-linear. Too soft around the center, too firm at the edges. Frankly prefer my Virpils right now.

So, are these "revised" aviation cams, relative to the old ones, more progressive, or are they more linear, or are they the same as far as profile?

So, are these "revised" aviation cams, relative to the old ones, more progressive, or are they more linear, or are they the same as far as profile?

GFII came originally with 2 sets of cams, hard and soft detent, both with progressive load. GFIII comes with 4 sets of cams, avia and space, both with hard and soft detent. Avia set is similar with the original GFII set, except of the material built with. Space set is brand new and yes, it is what you're looking for, linear, without that aggressive curve at the end of range.

LE: Actually the new GFIII Avia set (Soft and hard) is different from the original #10 and #30.

Edited by fallout9
Confusion

how do the new cams for flight sims differ from the regular GF2 cams?

Material, technology.

The curves are also improved. The center was made softer, but near the center the effort was tightened.

I don't have the source of that. I quote you Fallout9 from Discord.

Many virtual flyers out there seem to prefer fairly stiff sticks with a bunch of guys using dual #50 springs per cam (not covered by the VKB warranty btw). Dual #50 springs on an aluminum cam (even a heat treated one) is probably going to incur multiple failures rapidly.

VKB, .... in all kindness, ... you do not want aluminum cams on a base that can see over 90 N m of torque.

I am not material engineer thus maybe dumb comment on my side:

- are the bearing going to be made of alluminium? Otherwise there is still going to be steel that is going to rust once protective layer is worn

- what about stainless steel? Not suitable for the cams?

- many parts are still made from normal steel and do not suffer from the rust - in firearms, car industry etc. They are not maintenance-free, you need to lubricate them a little from time to time. But it is still an option

I wonder how resistant to the pressure generated by the leverage that alloy is.

Btw. your cams are likely not rusty - it is IMHO copper layer that is used as a base layer for the top chrome layer when electroplating is used. Put thin layer of the grease (suitable for parts where electronic boards and plastic are present - some silica base etc.) over the surface, from time to time gently repeat the process and you are most likely good to go for a long time.

Got a tracking number on my new Gunfighter Mk III L.

:thumbup:

Just got a notification from DHL, estimated delivery Thursday the 26th.

Just a few more days...

:joystick:

Edited by dburne

Don B

I'd love to hear your view on the upgrade, so please share when it arrives.

Will do. It is in the states now, shows arrived and departed the Cincinnati Hub so definitely making progress. Still shows delivery on the 26th.

Don B

Well apparently DHL tried to deliver today - tracking shows they tried to deliver this afternoon and no one was home - yet we were home. Just checked tracking and saw this.

Guess VKB is sending with signature required. Great, maybe I will get it in next few days...

Too bad.

Don B

Well apparently DHL tried to deliver today - tracking shows they tried to deliver this afternoon and no one was home - yet we were home. Just checked tracking and saw this.

Guess VKB is sending with signature required. Great, maybe I will get it in next few days...

Too bad.

Don,

If DHL left you a notice of attempted delivery card, there should be a place on it to sign that authorizes them to deliver with no one home. At least that was the case a few years ago when I bought my Gunfighter. There may be a way to authorize it via the DHL website.

Don,

If DHL left you a notice of attempted delivery card, there should be a place on it to sign that authorizes them to deliver with no one home. At least that was the case a few years ago when I bought my Gunfighter. There may be a way to authorize it via the DHL website.

No they did not even leave a notice, only way I knew that they attempted delivery was checking tracking on the DHL site.

I got the DHL Mobile App on my phone now, and found a place in it to release the signature requirement so hopefully that will do the trick. I think I am supposed to get text alerts as they get close on it also. I am usually home all day anyway and will be today so hopefully it comes today and I will actually hear the doorbell this time, as I was certainly home at the time stated they attempted delivery. Keeping fingers crossed.

Many thanks,

Don B

Well turns out DHL had handed mine over to USPS. sig required, and absolute no indication in tracking that it had been turned over to them. Only reason we found out is my wife called DHL ( she uses them at work) and got the skinny. Crazy.

So I went to our community mailbox and got a slip to sign, they said should have it in my box in next 1-2 days.

I SO wish VKB would give us the option to waive that darn signature requirement when ordering. Causes me nothing but hassle every time.

Don B

I am able to waive the signature via a DHL account they offered when they sent me the notification of arrival a few deliveries back. So, my Gunfighter 3 upgrade kits with twist grip adapters should be dropped off at my door tomorrow. But waiving the signature also leaves me with the liability if the package is stolen. I have had 0 packages lost in my 6 years in this neighborhood, including deliveries of big boxes with the parts to build a gaming machine. But my neighborhood has had some problems in recent years. Hopefully, my luck will hold out.

One of the DHL emails from an early order said this: "If you need to make a change or track your shipment, click here:"

https://delivery.dhl.com/welcome.xhtml

I went there and was able to register an account and then alter the delivery date/time/place and signature requirements.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The crazy thing in my situation is with our community mailbox center - I live in a quite large retirement community - with USPS I have to sign the delivery receipt first. They then have it brought over in 1-2 days from the USPS center, and put it in my box.

So in essence I have already provided proof of delivery with a signature, before actually receiving the product. So if they should happen to lose it in between, or put it in wrong box and someone else gets it and keeps it, I am screwed. So this signature requirement thing in my case really does not do what it is intended for. I am basically saying I have received it prior to actually receiving it.

I am sure all will go well and either today or tomorrow I will happily have my MK III Pro L.

In the meantime I am happily flying along with my MK I Pro and thinking why in the world did I need a Mk III?

Cause I am a Joystick Junkie I reckon. I need help! LOL.

Edited by dburne

Don B

dburne: mine is out for delivery at Sumas Washington today. Came from China in 2 days:). I have a "mailbox" at a package delivery store so it shouldn't be an issue getting it, I hope.

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Still waiting on mine, was really hoping for today but that ain't happening.

Maybe tomorrow. Grrr.

DHL tracking sucks, it just shows an "exception" and no further info. Does not even reflect them turning it over to USPS.

Edited by dburne

Don B

I don't like the current cams on my Gunfighter Mk II; too aggressively non-linear. Too soft around the center, too firm at the edges. Frankly prefer my Virpils right now.

That is good question.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.