New Headphones

I'm currently using the Thrustmaster T.Flight U.S. Air Force headphones with TrackIR with a TrackClip Pro attached to the side of the headphones. That's two cables coming off the headphones, which tend to get tangled, twisted and jumbled together. I'm considering a new set of phones and have seen a lot of talk about noise cancelling, wireless phones like the Sony Noise Canceling WH1000XM3.

Any recommendations on phones? I think my requirements are noise cancelling, wireless, good microphone for Voice Attack and other verbal comms, and the ability to mount the TrackClip Pro.

Cheers,

-eric

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-----------------------

i9 9900K | Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB | 64 GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD | 850 Watt Power Supply with Liquid Cooling | Thrustmaster F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip | TPR Pendular Rudders | Warthog Dual Throttles | Track IR5 | Foxx Mounts Stick and Throttle | Massdrop AKG K7XX w SBX G6 DAC | Corsair K70 RGB Platinum | G903 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse | Acer XR382CQK

I tried the Sony’s.

Great noise cancelling, but IMO not that great for actual sound quality.

When I’m not in VR, I use a pair of Sennheiser HD600s, similar price to the Sonys

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Thanks Mr. S. Do the 600s have a built in mic?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-----------------------

i9 9900K | Dual NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 8GB | 64 GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA HDD | 850 Watt Power Supply with Liquid Cooling | Thrustmaster F/A-18C Hornet™ HOTAS Add-On Grip | TPR Pendular Rudders | Warthog Dual Throttles | Track IR5 | Foxx Mounts Stick and Throttle | Massdrop AKG K7XX w SBX G6 DAC | Corsair K70 RGB Platinum | G903 Lightspeed Wireless Mouse | Acer XR382CQK

That works, may give that a try.

Cheers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-----------------------

New Headphones

I'm currently using the Thrustmaster T.Flight U.S. Air Force headphones with TrackIR with a TrackClip Pro attached to the side of the headphones. That's two cables coming off the headphones, which tend to get tangled, twisted and jumbled together. I'm considering a new set of phones and have seen a lot of talk about noise cancelling, wireless phones like the Sony Noise Canceling WH1000XM3.

Any recommendations on phones? I think my requirements are noise cancelling, wireless, good microphone for Voice Attack and other verbal comms, and the ability to mount the TrackClip Pro.

Cheers,

-eric

The mic on the WH1000XM3 isn’t that great but the sound quality is decent (I have a pair, and the mic on my XB900n is better but the sound quality isn’t as good—although close enough). The XB900n might make a better gaming headset due to more bass oriented and is also cheaper. The battery life on these headphones lasts 30 hr which is plenty. They also charge quickly via USB C.

I have Sennheiser HD660s but only use it for critical music listening, for gaming or movies I prefer headphones that has more bass.

Currently my go to gaming headset is the Sennheiser game zero. Sound quality is so so by default but much improved when paired with my old Sound Blaster Omni (need to set it as speakers rather than headphones to get better sound quality in SB software). The mic on this thing is great, and overall it’s pretty good as a gaming headset since it is designed specifically for this—it is not that great for listening to music though.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Thanks Mr. S. Do the 600s have a built in mic?

They don’t.

Doesn’t bother me as I bought a standalone marantz USB boom mic that I’m guessing will walk all over most built in mics.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.