BFT 02 - tailwind landing?

Gotta say it's an awsome suite of missions so far - lovin' it!

However, in mission 02, ATC clears me for T/O from RWY 31, which makes sense considering the wind. But in air, after shutting down my left engine and got the bird set up for landing, the instructor starts informing me how the PAPI lights work. That's fine but RWY 31 have no PAPI's! So, am I expected to perform a tailwind straight-in landing in this situation? Apparently I can pass the PO doing that but to me it makes no sense. Is this how I should prioritize in this situation?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

Yes you should land on runway 13 (heading ~120). If you look at the flight plan and contact ATC to get an approach vector (INBOUND) they should direct you to a point west of Batumi, then turn back east to Batumi on approach to runway 13.

This runway does have PAPI lights so you can judge your glidepath (at least it did the last time we tested it in 2.5). You won't see them until you are close (and maybe even closer if you are in VR). They are on the left side of the runway when on approach.

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Yes, when I wrote the OP I hadn't gotten a reply for my "inbound" call so I simply headed to RWY 31; the one I took off from. In an emergency situation like this: Should I always go for the nearest landing, even if it means a tailwind approach and landing?

i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz; 16Gb DDR3; GeForce GTX 1070; Windows 10; TM Warthog HOTAS

Generally it's height dependant in an emergency situation, flying into wind gives you the best glide distance and a lower ground speed however if you cannot perform the turn to get into wind then find the biggest flattest strip of ground you can (within glide distance)

edit: that being said, military aircraft have way better brakes then GA aircraft and usually bigger runways to land on so a tailwind at an airport is not generally to big of an issue.