A-10C Tactical Training Qualification Campaign

Sabre-TLA

The A-10C Tactical Training Qualification campaign puts you in the cockpit of an A-10C Warthog, and tests your ability to interact with JTACs, Airborne FACs, AC-130 Gunships and manage Close Air Support (CAS) assets.

Based on real world qualification requirements you will fly 15 performance check rides to execute against pre-defined performance objectives. If successful you will rate a Qualified rating and proceed to the next performance objective.

• The campaign covers a number of key areas including FAC & JTAC Coordination, Stationary and Moving Target Tasking, Danger Close Tasking, SEAD Tasking, Deep Interdiction Tasking Day & Night, and Deep Interdiction Special Forces Coordination.

• In addition you will work with additional CAS assets and cover SADL Datalink Engagement, CAS Mission Management Day & Night, Battlefield Air Interdiction Mission Management Day & Night, and Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) Mission Management Day & Night culminating in a final Simulated Combat Mission using everything you have learned in the previous missions.

• Additionally 15 single player practice missions are provided so you can perfect your tactics, techniques and procedures.

There are over 1300 voiceovers and over 470 pages of briefing material including the A-10C Amplified Checklist, Blue Force In Flight Guide, Operation Agile Spirit SPINS, Maps, Target Diagrams, Mission Data Cards and Custom Kneeboards.

All the missions both Campaign and Single Player are available under this path:

<your drive letter>:Program FilesEagle DynamicsDCS WorldModscampaignsA-10C TTQ

We also placed the practice missions in their own campaign so you should see them in the campaigns folder.

Documentation for the campaign (including the A-10C Amplified checklist) can be found under this path:

<your drive letter>:Program FilesEagle DynamicsDCS WorldModscampaignsA-10C TTQDoc

Hints and Tips:

Follow the Flight Examiner's instructions closely. If you deviate from the flight plan or fail to perform the instructions indicated you will fail the Performance Objective.

Study the diagrams and review the mission briefings which are critical to mission success.

The practice missions have in air starts so you get into the action quicker and will help you perfect your tactics, techniques and procedures before trying the qualification missions.

A-10C Pilot Qualification Course

The A-10C Pilot Qualification Course has the following phases

Phase 1: Academic Classes and Pre-Flight Training

Phase 2: Basic Flight Training Qualification

Phase 3: Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification

Phase 4: Tactical Training Qualification

Phase 1 Academic Classes and Pre-Flight Training: Initial Qualification Training (IQT)

Is a pre-requisite for Phase 2. To complete Phase 1 execute the in game training missions and fly some test missions. Read the A-10C Flight Manual to become familiar with the A-10C aircraft systems and instruments.

Phase 2 Basic Flight Training Qualification: Basic Aircraft Qualification (BAQ).

This qualification phase measures your ability to fly the aircraft and work the navigation systems. It is a pre-requisite for Phase 3.

Phase 3 Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification: Basic Mission Capable (BMC).

This qualification phase measures your ability to execute basic mission capabilities including air to air refueling and evading threats as well as working all weapons systems. It is a pre-requisite for Phase 4.

Phase 4 Tactical Training Qualification: Combat Mission Ready (CMR).

This qualification phase measures your ability to execute more advanced mission capabilities including working with JTACS and Airborne FACs, using Wingmen, performing CAS, CSAR and Deep Interdiction mission types.

Campaign Details:

Phase 2 - Basic Flight Training Qualification contains:

Contact Stage (VFR):

1. Perform Ground Handling

2. Perform Take-Off and EFATO

3. Fly Traffic Pattern

4. Perform Approach and Landing

5. Perform Basic Maneuvers

6. Perform Advanced Handling

7. Perform Aerobatics

8. Respond to Emergencies

Instrument / Navigation Stage (IFR):

9. Instrument Approach (Landing)

10. Instrument Flight Plan Navigation

Formation Stage:

11. Fly 2 Ship as Wingman

Low-Level Stage

12. Fly Low-Level Flight Plan

Phase 3 - Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification contains:

Advanced Flight Training Stage

AFT01 - Air to Air Refueling Day

AFT02 - Air to Air Refueling Night

AFT03 - Countermeasures and Threat Avoidance

AFT04 - Target Area Ingress Preparation

AFT05 - Illumination Flare Employment

Air to Air Combat Stage:

AAT06 - AA Gun and Missile Employment

Surface Attack Stage:

AAT07 - Gun & Rocket Employment

AAT08 - Unguided Bomb Employment

AAT09 - Guided Bomb Employment

AAT10 - Missile Employment

Phase 4: Tactical Training Qualification contains:

Close Air Support Tactical Stage:

TAC11 - FAC / JTAC Coordination

TAC12 - Stationary and Moving Target Tasking

TAC13 - Danger Close Tasking

TAC14 - SEAD Tasking

Battlefield Air Interdiction Tactical Stage:

TAC15 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Day

TAC16 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Night

TAC17 - Deep Interdiction Tasking Special Forces Coordination

Airborne Forward Air Controller (AFAC) Tactical Stage:

TAC18 - SADL Datalink Engagement

TAC19 - CAS Mission Management Day

TAC20 - CAS Mission Management Night

TAC21 - BAI Mission Management Day

TAC22 - BAI Mission Management Night

Combat Search and Rescue (CSAR) Tactical Stage:

TAC23 - CSAR Management Day

TAC24 - CSAR Management Night

Tactical Summary Stage:

TAC25 - Simulated Combat Mission

We hope you enjoy these campaigns. We believe they will make you a better pilot helping you to succeed in future combat missions. Good luck!

Please watch our blog for updates: http://mapleflagmissions.blogspot.ca/

Edited by Sabre-TLA

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Well all right all right all right!!!:megalol::pilotfly::thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm stuck with mission #14, SEAD, where can I get help?

I was able to complete it the first time I tried it but then while I was flying back to Vaziani my wife interrupted me so I couldn't land... :(

I then tried it several other times: I destroy the SAM site then move to IP LADDER, I destroy the two target given by Moonbeam11 and then I repeatedly try to contact UZI11 but nothing happens. After a while Chevy is on fire and the mission fails. I double checked the radio frequency which should be 124 AM (TAD 12) from the briefing, I also tried 30.0 FM an 251.0.

I'm flying version DCS world 1.5.7, the download version. I'm becoming a little frustrated, what am I doing wrong? Thank you very much

No, I didn't look at the logs, in the meanwhile I restarted the campaign and now I'm not even able to go pass mission #13 "Danger and close air support". I always get blue on blue after attacking the infantry, both with mk82 and guns, if I comply to the 'ABORT' issued by the FAC, which usually comes after I have already attacked, nothing happens any more.

I start thinking that maybe the last game updates broke something in the campaign.

Thank you anyway for your suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Cannot install the Tactical Training Qualification Campaign,I already have installed the Basic Flight Training Campaign and the Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification,I´ve bought A-10C Operation Piercing Fury Campaign and this TTQC,but my DCS World Module Manager shows only option to install Piercing Fury NOT Tactical Training Qualification that I want to install first and after finishing then install the Piercing Fury one.

I thank you for any input,

Thanks

Edited by Hamilton

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

What version of DCS World did this occur in?

Depending on how close the bombs are dropped to the infantry you can impact the blue forces on the road just south of the target area.

In testing we find dropping the bomb in the middle of the infantry will kill all of them and not cause the blue on blue impact.

In making a gun run ensure you are attacking South to North so any ricochets will be away from the blue forces.

No, I didn't look at the logs, in the meanwhile I restarted the campaign and now I'm not even able to go pass mission #13 "Danger and close air support". I always get blue on blue after attacking the infantry, both with mk82 and guns, if I comply to the 'ABORT' issued by the FAC, which usually comes after I have already attacked, nothing happens any more.

I start thinking that maybe the last game updates broke something in the campaign.

Thank you anyway for your suggestion.

Sorry you are having problems installing the campaign.

Make sure you are running the latest version of DCS World. When a campaign is released there is a DCS World update to add it to the Module Manager.

If you are already running the latest version try a DCS Repair to correct any problem files.

If it still doesn't show up then you should open a support ticket with ED so they can investigate further.

Once the content is created and given to ED for release we don't have any control over the deployment mechanisms as that is all managed by the game engine code supported by ED.

Please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you have further issues or any questions - we will do what we can to help.

Hi,

Cannot install the Tactical Training Qualification Campaign,I already have installed the Basic Flight Training Campaign and the Advanced Aircraft Training Qualification,I´ve bought A-10C Operation Piercing Fury Campaign and this TTQC,but my DCS World Module Manager shows only option to install Piercing Fury NOT Tactical Training Qualification that I want to install first and after finishing then install the Piercing Fury one.

I thank you for any input,

Thanks

Sorry you are having problems installing the campaign.

Make sure you are running the latest version of DCS World. When a campaign is released there is a DCS World update to add it to the Module Manager.

If you are already running the latest version try a DCS Repair to correct any problem files.

If it still doesn't show up then you should open a support ticket with ED so they can investigate further.

Once the content is created and given to ED for release we don't have any control over the deployment mechanisms as that is all managed by the game engine code supported by ED.

Please email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com if you have further issues or any questions - we will do what we can to help.

Thanks,I´ll try that.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 2 months later...

Just a quick question. In tac 18, you aren't supposed to check in with JTAC Uzi, right? I want to know because I tried to contact him, he didn't respond and I failed to pass the mission. Failure probably comes from something else but I just wanted to be sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's correct. You are to search for the targets identified in the briefing package (2 tank platoons and an arty unit). The FE is in UZI 1-1 OH-58 now and is watching your performance with the wingmen.

The challenge is you don't have any weapons so you need to use the SADL datalink to send the targets to the wingmen and order them to attack once the targets are located. Success is getting your wingmen to kill the briefed targets. Then you call BDA for an F-15E flight which will strike the arty unit once you give them clearance.

Ok, well I guess my failure must come from the fact that I ordered the F-15s to strike after I destroyed their targets... :music_whistling: :doh:

Just another question if I may. At one point the FE says it's better to set your datalink ID to 01-01 if you're working with a JTAC. But why is that? How is it any better than using another ID?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure of the failure - typically it's because you didn't kill one of the briefed targets.

Since you are calling BDA on the Arty target you don't have to kill everything there either. Just make sure you don't forget to clear the F-15Es for their strike and make sure you complete the BDA calls (via F10 menu).

With respect to the datalink ID for the JTAC at the time the campaign was created the 01-01 IDs were the most reliable.

The mission doesn't require it though but if playing in multiplayer with JTACs you might find using different ids will now work.

After watching towards the end of the video what comes to my mind is the check out part that I didn't do. Probably the cause of my problem.

EDIT: Yeah that was it. Just replayed the mission and passed it this time.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi Sabre,

First up, just wanted to say thanks for a great series of campaigns. I have played through, basic, advanced and now tactical and they are all really well made and great learning experiences.

I’m currently on TAC20 and having trouble with getting the AC-130 Enfield to engage targets. I have made contact and requested the engagement and tried lighting the target with both IR and Laser.

Im currently running the last stable build of 1.5.7 - as I found there were comma issues with 1.5.8.

Any suggestions?