[NOT A BUG REPORT] Radar problems. - ED Forums

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2020, 08:35 PM   #1
padonis

Default [NOT A BUG REPORT] Radar problems.

The radar works worse than I ever remember. TRAGEDY! In ATC mode, the number of bars increases to any number. Radar blocks targets that are not there. Flying this plane in MP has become almost impossible. Please forgive me for my nervousness, but it's worse than I ever remember. Radar is more misleading than helping in combat. At short distances, it becomes completely useless.

Last edited by padonis; 05-22-2020 at 08:44 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:49 PM   #2
SteamyIceChest

Also have had a friend playing with me run into the issue of the bars increasing constantly. I think he made it to 70 bars before he stopped clicking it.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:59 PM   #3
ThatSillyGinge

Managed to get mine to 140+ bars. Was great, could see people behind me!
Old 05-22-2020, 10:12 PM   #4
Furiz

It happens when you press Select Gun, it goes to 5 bars and then it bugs, it only resets when you press Select Sidewinder, I think they are aware of this I posted some pics same day patch came out.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:50 AM   #5
Shibiswag

I took mine all the way to 230 bar, the scan zone is broken as well.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:28 AM   #6
padonis

I slept, I calmed down, but this does not change the fact that TWS is broken from the very beginning. It's not weird, that's why it's beta. However, with each update, each week it gets worse, not improved. We will be waiting another month for BAR repair. I heard that they built a team of testers whose job was internal testing to detect such problems. I support 100%, I agreed with the opinion that it is better to wait longer, that it would be better. However, this does not work. Unless it's not true?

Last edited by padonis; 05-23-2020 at 04:31 AM.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:05 AM   #7
stormridersp

Quote:
Originally Posted by padonis View Post
I slept, I calmed down, but this does not change the fact that TWS is broken from the very beginning. It's not weird, that's why it's beta. However, with each update, each week it gets worse, not improved.

The funny thing is that while they're putting man-hours to not improve it, these were hours taken from other projects, like the F-16, left for the flies.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:26 PM   #8
padonis

The F-18 was supposed to be the flagship module, I bought it because I hoped they would work on it seriously and I love this plane like the A-10C. In addition, I bought the F-16 to support ED, although I'm not a fan of this aircraft and probably won't implement it for at least a year.
Proposal?
I think I was wrong because it is probably the slowest module being developed, a step forward and two backwards. New subsystems are emerging, but the old ones are still not working properly or even worse than at the beginning of their existence.
Sightseeing flights remain and " my hope". But "hope" is the mother of fools.

PS.
Has anyone seen anything, read that someone from ED has responded to TWS radar problems?

Last edited by padonis; 05-23-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:11 AM   #9
NineLine
Community Manager

Guys this is a bug reporting section, I see no tracks, no steps to reproduce. I understand the frustration at issues, but please report bugs as asked, help us help you, thanks.
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
Closed Thread