DCS in Cloud

Hello folks,

I'm a very loyal fan (possible oldfag now) and was playing series since the very first Flanker through LockOn and years ago DCS. Last time it was 2013 I guess (at least that is when I last posted here)... I wanted to start the newest version of DCS World just to check current situation and the system requirements are just ridiculous. I have medium laptop, good enough to play modern games, but what DCS World requires now... Well it is really really sad.

Anybody has any luck starting it in GeForce Now or Stadia? I still do own valid key for game, but have difficulties finding DCS in a list of supported games.

Any help will be really appreciated

Edited by tillias

X52 Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have you tried it?

My first DCS experience was on my laptop. Lenovo P50, okay, it's a workstation with 4K Display but only with a Intel I7 and NVIDA Quadro M2000M with 4GB VRAM. Okay, the machine uses 32 GB RAM.

It was playable, the limiting factor was the GPU. DCS used all 4GB VRAM and wanted more..... The CPU was doing fine.

Rainer

P.S.: My first tuning choice for the laptop was a 27" Monitor. You need the space. Second Option is TrackIr.

And the best option is a new PC ;-)

And the best option is a new PC ;-)

Servus Rainer, sorry I'm not sure if I need new laptop. The question is if anybody started it in cloud, cause then performance won't be a problem at all.

X52 Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I went the gaming laptop route once before. For casual gaming (or even not so casual) they can work fine, but the issue is cost. A high end laptop will cost twice what a comparable laptop will and still not perform as well. For DCS, yeah, it'll run on one, but you still need to meet the minimum specs.

If space is an issue, remember not all PCs must be huge dour foot tower cases, there are many forms available, including some not much larger than a console. If putting it together yourself is too much, many retailers offer options for the same sort of stuff if you shop around.

But yeah, laptop is not the ideal route, DCS needs too much power and laptops that provide it are basically portable desktops, ie they are intended to be plugged into a wall and left immobile, not taken with you on the bus, etc.

The best way to find out if it works in the cloud is to try it yourself, but no, I seriously doubt it's available.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I prefer my programs on my computer not on the cloud. Okay cloud use is okay if you would kep your laptop but on a 15 or 17 Zoll screen the laptop is too limiting.

I use my laptop for normal work only but it is not optimal for DCS even with al external Monitor. My solution was a PC only for DCS. My first Desktop after around 30 Years of Laptop usage and my first ever own PC build. It was easier as i thought.

Rainer

Folks, many thanks for your reply -- much appreciated! I'm not looking for new laptop or PC, independent on my love/loyalty to the serie. There is 2020 and majority of games are available in cloud so I'm asking about real experiences. There are few folks on reddit talking about "Unsupported Mode" in GeForce Now, but I can't reach them unfortunately. Anybody tried it?

X52 Pro

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Interesting

Hello folks,

I'm a very loyal fan (possible oldfag now) and was playing series since the very first Flanker through LockOn and years ago DCS. Last time it was 2013 I guess (at least that is when I last posted here)... I wanted to start the newest version of DCS World just to check current situation and the system requirements are just ridiculous. I have medium laptop, good enough to play modern games, but what DCS World requires now... Well it is really really sad.

Anybody has any luck starting it in GeForce Now or Stadia? I still do own valid key for game, but have difficulties finding DCS in a list of supported games.

Any help will be really appreciated

If you have got a laptop that can modern games, then DCS should be not a problem, unless your RAM is less than 16GB.

GeForce Now offers 1080p/60fps with premium service, but even if it was supported, you would be limited to keyboard and mouse, as joysticks aren't supported as far as I know.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

• 2 weeks later...