Fast alignment

sublime

I noticed with the jeff if i dont do fast alignment in exactly the right steps it doesnt work.

And then it seems to get "stuck' even clicking over to off then fast etc nada.

How do I reset the whole startup nav process again if i mess up?

I noticed with the jeff if i dont do fast alignment in exactly the right steps it doesnt work.

And then it seems to get "stuck' even clicking over to off then fast etc nada.

How do I reset the whole startup nav process again if i mess up?

i would rather ask what u are doing for alignment my friend ?

Tip Rearm can screw your alignment and u need to put it off and fast again

Still waiting for your answer so we all can help u

Fast align requires the aircraft to be stationary for the ENTIRE alignment.

Set the parking brake and ensure idle thrust.

FAST ALIGN takes 30 seconds. During this time there is a prompt on the INS MFD page for TRUE HEADING.

You MUST enter this heading during alignment. It will accept NO INPUT and still enter NAV after 30 seconds, meaning the system is now using an invalid heading reference.

This will cause excessive INS drift, and extreme gyro precession due to incorrect drift correction application, which will manifest as a toppled attitude indicator after some time.

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

I understand this. My point is if you somehow do it outbof orser for example. There seems to be no "reset"

What do you mean?

If you lose INS in flight, you're screwed.

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Sorry

Out of order

I mean on the ground.if toubdint do the nav setup i noticednu cant switch ins to standby turn of SHARS and restart by switching to fast. Etc etc. I can reenter the lat long reset it all wont work.

You seem to get ONE CHANCE andnif u dnt alignment aint happening.

That makes no sense - and yes I have chucks guide but this is whatbforums are for. Whats the option in this csse

Lets say true hdg is 310 and i put 180. I dont move but 2 min pass.

Even turning the entire plane off I dint get another shot. What am i doing wrong?

Sorry

Out of order

I mean on the ground.if toubdint do the nav setup i noticednu cant switch ins to standby turn of SHARS and restart by switching to fast. Etc etc. I can reenter the lat long reset it all wont work.

You seem to get ONE CHANCE andnif u dnt alignment aint happening.

That makes no sense - and yes I have chucks guide but this is whatbforums are for. Whats the option in this csse

Lets say true hdg is 310 and i put 180. I dont move but 2 min pass.

Even turning the entire plane off I dint get another shot. What am i doing wrong?

I noticed some people will move out of the alignment pages before the system is ready (there is a bad start-up video around that has people switching master modes before the INS has even been looked at).

The start-up MFDs and UFC page are not accidental. IRL you wouldn't switch away from them until the INS has aligned and the engine has been started.

You can switch back to them, sure, but the whole point of them appearing automatically in the first place is because it is a critical step. /rant

Now I've got that out the way... :D

If you need to reset the INS and you did move away from the pages, you need to do the following:

1) Set INS switch to OFF

2) Pull up the INS page on an MFD

3) Press DEST on the UFC, and enter waypoint 00 (this is the alignment point)

4) Enter the alignment coordinates (see kneeboard)

5) AFTER the new position has been entered, set the INS to your desired align mode

6) When the prompt appears, enter the current true heading of the aircraft (see kneeboard)

Now you can switch modes and do what you want again.

I noticed some people will move out of the alignment pages before the system is ready (there is a bad start-up video around that has people switching master modes before the INS has even been looked at).

The start-up MFDs and UFC page are not accidental. IRL you wouldn't switch away from them until the INS has aligned and the engine has been started.

You can switch back to them, sure, but the whole point of them appearing automatically in the first place is because it is a critical step. /rant

Now I've got that out the way... :D

If you need to reset the INS and you did move away from the pages, you need to do the following:

1) Set INS switch to OFF

2) Pull up the INS page on an MFD

3) Press DEST on the UFC, and enter waypoint 00 (this is the alignment point)

4) Enter the alignment coordinates (see kneeboard)

5) AFTER the new position has been entered, set the INS to your desired align mode

6) When the prompt appears, enter the current true heading of the aircraft (see kneeboard)

Now you can switch modes and do what you want again.

Ah excellent thank you.

Yes yes i know things happem for a reaason. Ppl also press buttons by accident..

I had the same issue, would restart the mission due to a wrong input (it’s hard on vr). Turning off ins wouldn’t work, pressing off on aap too, even turning off battery doesn’t seem to do anything. Will try the method posted.

I had the same issue, would restart the mission due to a wrong input (it’s hard on vr). Turning off ins wouldn’t work, pressing off on aap too, even turning off battery doesn’t seem to do anything. Will try the method posted.

Just hold for more than 2 seconds the INS button in the AAP. That's it.

(Happened to me, I have VR too, as a tip for that kind of things, I have binded my numerical keyboard to the JF numeric keyboard. That way it's faster, and more efficient)

• 3 weeks later...
Just hold for more than 2 seconds the INS button in the AAP. That's it.

(Happened to me, I have VR too, as a tip for that kind of things, I have binded my numerical keyboard to the JF numeric keyboard. That way it's faster, and more efficient)

The 2s press and wpt 00 worked. And the keypad is genius, but I use PointCtrl instead. :thumbup: